TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Today was even better than yesterday. My oldest two were baptized and I was the one that was allowed to do so. Awesome moment, hope you all had a great weekend!

Well. thats cool and all, but your last update included the route run... was this like right up the middle to the altar or did they do a little east/west through the pews? 

In all seriousness, congratulations and we're all happy for you and your family.

• Like 2

I wish him the absolute best. I wanted him gone before his contract extension years ago and was happy when he left, but his powerful essay turned things around for me. Hope he can continue his nfl career now 

36 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I wish him the absolute best. I wanted him gone before his contract extension years ago and was happy when he left, but his powerful essay turned things around for me. Hope he can continue his nfl career now 

A vet min deal to try and be a returner might be something I'd offer. 

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I could see him in New England playing that James White role. Hope his health stays good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ty21 said:

shoutout to @CBears019 for setting this up, very cool getting a personalized vid from a Chicago bear 

I also have to throw some credit to @GOGRIESE because if my memory serves correct, he located an email address for the Bears ticket office.  That email address gave me the structure of essentially all NFL email addresses (FYI, it’s firstname.lastname@teamname.nfl.net now you have the email address of EVERYONE in the NFL).  From there I was able to start spamming all sorts of Bears employees with your story - Kevin Warren, Ryan Poles, Virginia McCaskey, and then some regular PR/Community Outreach people.

About a week before training camp began I got an email from the Bears Director of Community Relations mentioning that he received my email from someone (I don’t know who forwarded my email to him) and he wanted to do something nice for Ty.  We spoke on the phone and he said he’d try to get a player to record a video for Ty and also send some sort of care package to his house.  I’m glad to see this finally come to fruition.  

Granted, when I started spamming Bears employees and beat writers with emails, Ty was still in surgery and we had no idea if he was going to make it or not.  And if he did make it I figured it would be months of rigorous recovery, physical therapy, struggling to breathe, etc.  Little did I know he’d be talking trash to us on this site like 3 days later and recovering faster than anyone has ever recovered from a bilateral lung transplant.  

Edit - @Ty21 sorry they chose a notre dame guy, i know how much you hate that school.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I also have to throw some credit to @GOGRIESE because if my memory serves correct, he located an email address for the Bears ticket office.  That email address gave me the structure of essentially all NFL email addresses (FYI, it’s firstname.lastname@teamname.nfl.net now you have the email address of EVERYONE in the NFL).  From there I was able to start spamming all sorts of Bears employees with your story - Kevin Warren, Ryan Poles, Virginia McCaskey, and then some regular PR/Community Outreach people.

About a week before training camp began I got an email from the Bears Director of Community Relations mentioning that he received my email from someone (I don’t know who forwarded my email to him) and he wanted to do something nice for Ty.  We spoke on the phone and he said he’d try to get a player to record a video for Ty and also send some sort of care package to his house.  I’m glad to see this finally come to fruition.  

Granted, when I started spamming Bears employees and beat writers with emails, Ty was still in surgery and we had no idea if he was going to make it or not.  And if he did make it I figured it would be months of rigorous recovery, physical therapy, struggling to breathe, etc.  Little did I know he’d be talking trash to us on this site like 3 days later and recovering faster than anyone has ever recovered from a bilateral lung transplant.  

Edit - @Ty21 sorry they chose a notre dame guy, i know how much you hate that school.

Now that's ******* awesome. Great work CBears. Sorry I wasn't more help I made a few calls after the fact but alot of people didn't even know who to contact when I called the ticket office. 

Shout out to Cole Kmet too. Great guy and a great Bear. 

Hope your doing alot better the past couple of weeks Ty. 

• Like 4