TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

18 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Yeah.  I worked with a guy who was 200k in the hole.  To this day he still doesn’t believe it’s a scam.  

ITS NOT A SCAM!!! THIS I'LL SEND YOU 100% PLUS AN ADDITIONAL $5K IF YOU JUST HELP ME WITH THESE LEGAL FEES!

Also, you owe $20K in back taxes, but we can settle on $5K in ebay gift cards if you act quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

ITS NOT A SCAM!!! THIS I'LL SEND YOU 100% PLUS AN ADDITIONAL $5K IF YOU JUST HELP ME WITH THESE LEGAL FEES!

Also, you owe $20K in back taxes, but we can settle on $5K in ebay gift cards if you act quickly.

You laugh, but the “tactics” these scumbags use are almost literally this.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Yep. Years ago my friend "bought" a truck from Craigslist, that was said to be insured by Ebay to be shipped to him, while not actually being on Ebay in any way.  Went through a handful of Ebay gift cards and lost a few grand. Dude is smart enough to know he is kinda dumb, but not smart enough in the moment to give me a call. Damn shame for him there.

My brother has had an African Princess scam thrown at him but he decided to try and just waste time with them. Gave a sob story about how his wife left him and took his kids while just finishing dinner with said kids and wife. Had them texting back and forth complete BS for a few days. I think he was trying to see if he could get money from them, but after a few days, the scammer just blocked him.  lol

50 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep. Years ago my friend "bought" a truck from Craigslist, that was said to be insured by Ebay to be shipped to him, while not actually being on Ebay in any way.  Went through a handful of Ebay gift cards and lost a few grand. Dude is smart enough to know he is kinda dumb, but not smart enough in the moment to give me a call. Damn shame for him there.

My brother has had an African Princess scam thrown at him but he decided to try and just waste time with them. Gave a sob story about how his wife left him and took his kids while just finishing dinner with said kids and wife. Had them texting back and forth complete BS for a few days. I think he was trying to see if he could get money from them, but after a few days, the scammer just blocked him.  lol

At times I can’t believe people fall for some of this stuff, but then I apply George Carlin’s logic (think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half the people are dumber than that) and I am surprised it doesn’t get more people. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Some scams are better.  

Almost every day some random ‘woman’ texts me some small talk.  Hoping I am a lonely guy or gal who will reply.  

If they get a boy they will send naked photos they found wherever and ask him to do same.  Then they blackmail him by threatening to tell everyone he knows.  I even read a story about a kid killing himself over this.  

The rise of ACH transfers and online long distance relationships has facilitated this.  Other age people they use other tactics.  All with fake pictures and personas.  Get you to fall in ‘love’ and then ask for help based on that love or find a way to blackmail you.  They don’t need gift cards in these cases.  They get cash directly to them. 

Other better ones will pose as tech service.  They get you to let them remote into your computer and they steal directly from you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Some scams are better.  

Almost every day some random ‘woman’ texts me some small talk.  Hoping I am a lonely guy or gal who will reply.  

If they get a boy they will send naked photos they found wherever and ask him to do same.  Then they blackmail him by threatening to tell everyone he knows.  I even read a story about a kid killing himself over this.  

The rise of ACH transfers and online long distance relationships has facilitated this.  Other age people they use other tactics.  All with fake pictures and personas.  Get you to fall in ‘love’ and then ask for help based on that love or find a way to blackmail you.  They don’t need gift cards in these cases.  They get cash directly to them. 

Other better ones will pose as tech service.  They get you to let them remote into your computer and they steal directly from you. 

Yep, I’ve seen all of those.  At some point, you’re willfully giving your money away.  It’s kinda hard to say it’s even criminal sometimes.

On 7/7/2024 at 12:21 AM, CBears019 said:

Yeah.  I worked with a guy who was 200k in the hole.  To this day he still doesn’t believe it’s a scam.  

I don't want to make this uber political but look at how many millions of dollars little guys are forking over to a lifetime con man to pay legal bills and personal expenses.  They don't believe they're being scammed either and even if you can prove it to them they will never admit it.  They can always be shamed by the shameless.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, soulman said:

I don't want to make this uber political but look at how many millions of dollars little guys are forking over to a lifetime con man to pay legal bills and personal expenses.  They don't believe they're being scammed either and even if you can prove it to them they will never admit it.  They can always be shamed by the shameless.

You don’t think those NFTs (made using an unauthorized copyrighted image 🤣) are going to appreciate in value like Bitcoin???

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

You don’t think those NFTs (made using an unauthorized copyrighted image 🤣) are going to appreciate in value like Bitcoin???

Ugh. I have a friend who made a good amount on Bitcoin. If I had jumped in and stayed as long as he did I would have made a lot. He put in under $1000 and came out buying a truck and camper so he can travel/live wherever and work remotely. I was too frugal and skeptical then I chickened out and pulled my money WAY too soon. Double stupid. lol

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

LOL.  Kobe was 6'7 and could jump out of the gym and grew up with a Dad in home who happened to have played in NBA.

There’s a lot more negative things I could say about Coleman than Bron and I’m not a Bron fan. Bron had every opportunity to stray from his mission but he stayed focused on the freak ability he was given and made a whole career out of it and has always been a standup guy even though he flops all the time. 

Welp...this weekend I did a very foolhardy thing and got engaged. May God have mercy on my soul (in fairness she is the least insane option that I have had in years and is a pretty all around cool chick).

• Like 1