TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Welp...this weekend I did a very foolhardy thing and got engaged. May God have mercy on my soul (in fairness she is the least insane option that I have had in years and is a pretty all around cool chick).

Congratulations man!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

Welp...this weekend I did a very foolhardy thing and got engaged. May God have mercy on my soul (in fairness she is the least insane option that I have had in years and is a pretty all around cool chick).

i got engaged the weekend before. i swear she has the entire thing planned already

• Like 1

Just now, HuskieBear said:

i got engaged the weekend before. i swear she has the entire thing planned already

Congratulations man! I spent 2 hours last night just posing my hand with hers (with the ring) so that she could post it on social media which is funny in itself because she almost never post on social media. 

On a related note, I no longer want to be a hand model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Congratulations man! I spent 2 hours last night just posing my hand with hers (with the ring) so that she could post it on social media which is funny in itself because she almost never post on social media. 

On a related note, I no longer want to be a hand model.

she is a character of every newly engaged woman who constantly only does things with her left hand and called everyone on facetime with her hand by her face

• Like 1

On 7/10/2024 at 4:01 PM, Sugashane said:

Ugh. I have a friend who made a good amount on Bitcoin. If I had jumped in and stayed as long as he did I would have made a lot. He put in under $1000 and came out buying a truck and camper so he can travel/live wherever and work remotely. I was too frugal and skeptical then I chickened out and pulled my money WAY too soon. Double stupid. lol

Hardcore bitcoiners will tell you it’s still in its infancy.  I don’t know enough about it, crypto confuses the hell out of me.  But some think itll be 100k+ in the next couple years and still rising.

19 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Congratulations!  Marriage gets a bad rap these days.  

For me it has been best decision I ever made.  God bless! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Hardcore bitcoiners will tell you it’s still in its infancy.  I don’t know enough about it, crypto confuses the hell out of me.  But some think itll be 100k+ in the next couple years and still rising.

There's nothing to understand. The value of the coin is not based on anything besides supply and demand. It has no backing of any kind. It's speculative investing and calling it investing is being very generous.

It's gambling, and anyone who tells you it isn't is being disingenuous or doesn't understand it.

The stock market, in some ways, is gambling. Day traders are gamblers. There is no way to time the market. Throw your money in a mutual fund or a target date fund and call it a day.

And not that anyone here has done it, but it drives me nuts when people use the stock market as an indicator of economic health. It is not. It is a measure of corporate profitability. You would probably be surprised to learn that the BOTTOM 90% of earners (that's 300+ million people) own just 12% of total equities in the stock market.

Capitalism functions on the idea of sustained infinite growth. In the human body, we call that particular condition CANCER. Capitalism sucks.

Edited by chisoxguy7
  • Like 4

Weird random thought.

Boys 12-20 are so much superior at video games to older people.   Even complex strategy games.  Once they figure it out, it is over.  Their reactions and brain speed is so much faster.  

In age of drones and robots a smart military would test and recruit the best ones to be operators in event poop ever really hit the fan. 

Kind of like the plot to "The Last Starfighter."

I was listening to Dan Wiederer and he said he goes to a place called 'Stretch Zone" and feels like a million bucks after.  It wasn't a paid ad, he was just talking about it.  

They have a place nearby me.  Anyone ever tried it?

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Weird random thought.

Boys 12-20 are so much superior at video games to older people.   Even complex strategy games.  Once they figure it out, it is over.  Their reactions and brain speed is so much faster.  

In age of drones and robots a smart military would test and recruit the best ones to be operators in event poop ever really hit the fan. 

Kind of like the plot to "The Last Starfighter."

Outside of Fortnight and the newer Duck Hunt that was made for Xbox (kid is a freaking prodigy at that, I swear) I will straight mollywop him in most any video game. He has all but given up with 2K NBA and Madden games with me. I'd take it easier on him but he trashtalks and just needles me. Like I'll be up 20 and he'll make a 3 in my face and just nag at me. So I have to win by 50+ at that point. We've had games where he lost by over 100 on Madden. He's even gone through on my modded 360 that has thousands of NES and SNES games and tries to beat me on them. Poor kid has no idea the hours I put into Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, so he catches beatdowns on them as well. lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB7aFcx_1Dj-CTIINBFZX

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Outside of Fortnight and the newer Duck Hunt that was made for Xbox (kid is a freaking prodigy at that, I swear) I will straight mollywop him in most any video game. He has all but given up with 2K NBA and Madden games with me. I'd take it easier on him but he trashtalks and just needles me. Like I'll be up 20 and he'll make a 3 in my face and just nag at me. So I have to win by 50+ at that point. We've had games where he lost by over 100 on Madden. He's even gone through on my modded 360 that has thousands of NES and SNES games and tries to beat me on them. Poor kid has no idea the hours I put into Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat, so he catches beatdowns on them as well. lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB7aFcx_1Dj-CTIINBFZX

Just wait.  I have seen this story before.  The worm turns.