TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

DJ Uiagalelei is so bad at football. Wow. 

Yep.  I quit watching at halftime. At the beginning of the game when they mentioned odds for Florida State to go to the playoffs I actually laughed. 

5 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

Weigman was bad, but that ND defense is legit. Injuries have really hurt his development the last couple of seasons, but he needs to get it together soon

I just think he looks like he has no idea where his receivers are going...you can see physical talent but between the ears I don't think he can read a defence.

I can’t believe we are at Wednesday of the first game week and CIN still hasn’t gotten a Ja’Marr Chase deal done. The fans should be revolting IMO. You drafted him top 5 and he’s been full value since the day he got there. He’s an ELITE player at a premier position, is just 24 years old, and has incredible chemistry with your franchise QB going back to college. If you have no intention of trading him (and I can’t imagine they do), what’s the hold up? You’re already almost surely losing Tee Higgins after 2024, so this is the year you need to compete. Stop dicking around already.

*I have no direct interest in this situation either - I don’t play FFB any more and didn’t take CIN in survival. It’s just so illogical.

Just saw on FB one of my HS classmates passed away.

I didn't know him well, but I knew his wife well in HS.  (Not in that way, just part of same friend group).

Man, I know a LOT of people under 50 that have passed suddenly in last 5 years.   Been to like 6 - 8 funerals and didn't attend more. 

You aren't promised tomorrow.  In this body anyway.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Just saw on FB one of my HS classmates passed away.

I didn't know him well, but I knew his wife well in HS.  (Not in that way, just part of same friend group).

Man, I know a LOT of people under 50 that have passed suddenly in last 5 years.   Been to like 6 - 8 funerals and didn't attend more. 

You aren't promised tomorrow.  In this body anyway.

Sorry to hear that. I was just talking about this with my daughter a few days ago. I'm not even 40 and we're down 6-7 people from my class, and one of my classmates just lost his daughter last month. She was in 8th grade with my son. Its crazy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Sorry to hear that. I was just talking about this with my daughter a few days ago. I'm not even 40 and we're down 6-7 people from my class, and one of my classmates just lost his daughter last month. She was in 8th grade with my son. Its crazy. 

Nothing harder than losing a kid. 

Caleb said he doesn't get nervous before games.   Maybe he is lying, I don't know. But I can see it. 

I was never nervous as a player in any sport 7 - 16.  (I was 16 as a senior during football season in HS).  

As a coach I literally wanted to throw up before every single game and almost never slept the night before a game.  I coached like 13 - 16 seasons of different age groups.  I skipped some years.   I would have to go back think and count to sure how many.  

I often thought about why that was.   Maybe because I felt responsible for a lot of things outside my direct control.  As a player I just felt responsible for me and I always felt ready to play by time game time came.  

Edited by dll2000

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Caleb said he doesn't get nervous before games.   Maybe he is lying, I don't know. But I can see it. 

I was never nervous as a player in any sport 7 - 16.  (I was 16 as a senior during football season in HS).  

As a coach I literally wanted to throw up before every single game and almost never slept the night before a game.  I coached like 13 - 16 seasons of different age groups.  I skipped some years.   I would have to go back think and count to sure how many.  

I often thought about why that was.   Maybe because I felt responsible for a lot of things outside my direct control.  As a player I just felt responsible for me and I always felt ready to play by time game time came.  

Never was nervous for basketball, for baseball and football I had to get my first bit of action. I'd be super tight until then. Thankfully for football that was the first hit and I was always on kickoff or kick return, and for baseball I was the catcher so I got out of my head fast. 

As a coach things just seem like a blur until the game actually starts. Always thinking of what I should have added or what adjustments I need to look to make. After a few plays it became business as usual, but still. 

• Like 1