TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

FYI if you have an existing account with Gamepass using a VPN won't help you to watch live games. 

They have a different log in portal with overseas accounts.

You would have to sign up with the VPN from start.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

NIU defeats #5 Notre Dame today. It's a good day to be a Huskie!

I have no cute quips outside of of course this happened 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

NIU defeats #5 Notre Dame today. It's a good day to be a Huskie!

It was funny I have Peacock from Olympics and almost watched that game.  But then I thought nah, going to be a blowout.  

I lifted weights at a gym today for first time in like 20+ years.

Down street from my office.  

Planet Fitness. 

It was weird for me.  

Much more crowded than I expected for 3:00 on a Monday.  I thought I would have place mostly to myself, but that was not the case.  It was about half full.  

A lot of 20 somethings were in there and a few old guys.  

It looked like a number of lockers had been broken into in the past.  Also weird because it isn't in a bad area.  I guess a thief can have one set of my clothes if they really want them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

Dave Portnoy beefing with Dan Bernstein is not something i had on my bingo card today, but I’m here for it.

Bernstein taking offense to someone calling him....Bernstein....on the...Bernstein and Holmes Show - that's softer than Charmin

I have to give a talk today in front of a large group of Realtors in about an hour. 

Just got back from a closing and was hungry so I ran through McDonalds to get an Egg McMuffin and OJ.  I usually eat at home, but I had to be out door by 7 a.m. this morning.  

$10 btw just for that - insane.  It used to be $4.00 like a minute ago.   Pull in office parking lot to do some work before then.  Grab the bag and a water bottle and throw into dumpster while hands are full of files and other stuff. 

Go into bathroom look down and my entire crotch is wet.  LOL.

I hope it was just some water I didn't see in water bottle.  We will see how it dries.

Also of an age now where every time I use the bathroom and I am thinking about other things I might get quite a bit extra drippage after I finish and tuck.   Happened to me more than once in public setting.

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

I have to give a talk today in front of a large group of Realtors in about an hour. 

Just got back from a closing and was hungry so I ran through McDonalds to get an Egg McMuffin and OJ.  I usually eat at home, but I had to be out door by 7 a.m. this morning.  

$10 btw just for that - insane.  It used to be $4.00 like a minute ago.   Pull in office parking lot to do some work before then.  Grab the bag and a water bottle and throw into dumpster while hands are full of files and other stuff. 

I hope it was just some water I didn't see in water bottle.  We will see how it dries.

Also of an age now where every time I use the bathroom and I am thinking about other things I might get quite a bit extra drippage after I finish and tuck.   Happened to me more than once in public setting.

I've had the drippage when in a big hurry, so I put my crotch against the counter at that spot and put some water on it so it made a straight line. Then I was able to blame the "damn people slopping water all over" for it. lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

These companies are basically charging people a tax for not using their apps. If you don't want to give them your data to sell and let them track your spending habits with their company, sorry, that's a tax.

Personally, I refuse. If I want it bad enough, I'll pay up. But I generally don't want it bad enough. Got back into gardening this year--not big time, just a variety of herbs, and some different kinds of peppers, one tomato plant. Today I harvested 9 1/2 cups of basil leaves which turned into 6 cups of pesto. We've been meal planning and cooking a lot more at home, we maybe eat out once or twice a month. Easy to save money this way, but I acknowledge that it's a time thing for most people (a product of our capitalist society and its stagnant wages and infinite price increases).

Vote with your dollar, folks. One of the potato chip companies just announced price decreases because their products weren't doing as well. We collectively control the economy, but it requires discipline and solidarity to get things back to a fair place. As a whole, we regularly give up our control out of laziness or for convenience.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

These companies are basically charging people a tax for not using their apps. If you don't want to give them your data to sell and let them track your spending habits with their company, sorry, that's a tax.

Personally, I refuse. If I want it bad enough, I'll pay up. But I generally don't want it bad enough. Got back into gardening this year--not big time, just a variety of herbs, and some different kinds of peppers, one tomato plant. Today I harvested 9 1/2 cups of basil leaves which turned into 6 cups of pesto. We've been meal planning and cooking a lot more at home, we maybe eat out once or twice a month. Easy to save money this way, but I acknowledge that it's a time thing for most people (a product of our capitalist society and its stagnant wages and infinite price increases).

I'm addicted to my garden. Food tastes better and now I'm turning my kids into little foodies, so the older two help planting and harvesting. My youngest tries to help but she's a walking travesty with plants. We've been pickling almost everything lately,  I just found out how badass pickled radishes can be. And I'll dice up tomatoes in a bowl,  add salt and pepper,  and eat it like cereal 1-2 times per week.  Love it., and it saves this fatty money after the initial investment.

I also make sure my kids have at least one home-cooked meal every day. Stole that goal from Alton Brown but when my kids visit their grandmother for a week they realize how good they have it here,  since she is a fast food and quick mix queen. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Vote with your dollar, folks. One of the potato chip companies just announced price decreases because their products weren't doing as well. We collectively control the economy, but it requires discipline and solidarity to get things back to a fair place. As a whole, we regularly give up our control out of laziness or for convenience.

Personal gardens have exploded with high inflation and grocery prices.   A nice byproduct is neighbors sharing excess with neighbors.