Players You Like: RB

LETSGOBROWNIES

I’d have a hard time burning anything more than a late day 3 pick on a RB this year tbh.

I can’t think of any dudes who are likely to be available when we pick that would get my jeans right.  Not to say they don’t exist, I haven’t looked at RBs hardly at all, I just don’t know them.  

So y’all tell me.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d have a hard time burning anything more than a late day 3 pick on a RB this year tbh.

I can’t think of any dudes who are likely to be available when we pick that would get my jeans right.  Not to say they don’t exist, I haven’t looked at RBs hardly at all, I just don’t know them.  

So y’all tell me.

Israel A from Pitt could be there. He's a freak athlete and has some decent production.

• Like 1

Chubb is in an interesting position. He will be running rpos, and from the shotgun more. 

They are a lot more designed in there run style, one of his best traits is his vision. 

He doesn't run routes well and he doesn't block well

It will be interesting too see how he evolves.

Also he is getting paid a ton at 12 million with a runningback market that is depressing.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chubb is in an interesting position. He will be running rpos, and from the shotgun more. 

They are a lot more designed in there run style, one of his best traits is his vision. 

He doesn't run routes well and he doesn't block well

It will be interesting too see how he evolves.

Also he is getting paid a ton at 12 million with a runningback market that is depressing.

Im not even thinking about cutting ties with Chubb until it is extremely clear he is worn down and can no longer handle to load of a RB1. The RB market depressing just means the Browns can get him for another long term cheap contract relative to his value/production lol In another year they will be able to make him the highest paid RB in the NFL at like 8M! 😁

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Chubb is my favorite player. I hope he has at least 4 more good years and makes a hof bid

Maybe its me, or nostalgia, or something else--but Chubb is the type of guy like Joe Thomas that you make a 'career Brown'. He is on a HOF pace IMO and even if he loses a tiny step you still pay him what hes worth because hes a face of the franchise type guy. He is the type of guy that you dont let analytics or cap sheets fighting over 2-3M a year get in the way of making sure he is a Brown for 10 seasons.

Maybe its because he reminds me so much of Frank Gore in a way where I can see him productive for a long time. You dont let a guy go because you like a 4th round draft pick from South Harmon Institute of Technology and analytics say you dont pay RBs. You just dont, not with him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Israel A from Pitt could be there. He's a freak athlete and has some decent production.

Came to post this. I love a lot of these RBs actually. Abanikanda is at the top of the list, followed by Roschon Johnson. I think those two are excellent starters in the league.

Then you have like 8-10 studs that will be great in a committee later on. I’ll make a long-winded post tomorrow when I’m not so scathing pissed at the Cavs. 

• Like 2

I have been meaning to respond to these all week...... 

I am in agreement with Letsgo here....I dont see us spending more than a late day 3 pick (5th/6th/7th). 

The guy who I like is the kid Brown from Ill.  but I think he's going in round 3 or 4....IF he's there in the 5th ...AUTO PICK...but the kid I like in the range we should spend a pick is the Deneric Prince, the kid from Tulsa...6'0 216lbs good Numbers (4.41) and solid production...just the type of lump of Clay that is PERFECT for Stump Mitchell (Also I like DeWayne McBride -UAB, and Rasheen Ali - Marshall (and Cleveland Native)

• Like 2