Its the The Final Countdown....

DaWg_LB.

Hotep Good Brothers.....

This is my finalized draft Board...I really put a lot of thought into it....and the top two picks could be long gone before we choose...but reading the tea leaves, and the current market I think we are going to get one that slips to us and makes our draft a homerun. They talk about how we have "Needs"...but after what I consider a VERY GOOD offseason (retaining Taki Taki, Ant Walker and Pocic....and getting Elijah Moore for droping down a round) I think some of the negative articles are just that...negative articles....we go into this draft with not NEED for a starter to come from this draft....and with getting Emmerson Jr. in the 3rd last year, and his subsequent play like a late 1rst round pick, shows Berry can make picks in lower rounds and find help. 

I also am of the Mindset of my man @LETSGOBROWNIES..we can USE the 8 draft picks we got, to fill spots.....and prepare for the future....Folks talking about we shouldnt have trade the picks...well that ship has sailed...and Berry has put us in position to have a FULL draft (more than 7 picks) and not having a 1rst but not needing ANY starters either. And with that....here is my Final Draft 

NFL Draft

3rd Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame
Height: 6-5. Weight: 264

3rd Jartavius  Martin, S/CB, Illinois
Height: 6-0. Weight: 195

4th  Owen Pappoe, ILB, Auburn
Height: 6-0. Weight: 225

4th Andre Carter II, OLB, Army
Height: 6-7. Weight: 256

5th Broderick Martin, DT, WKU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 337

5th Isiah Bolden, CB/KR/PR, JSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 202

6th Jake Whitt, OT, N.Mich
Height: 6-7. Weight: 302

7th Deneric Prince, RB, Tulsa
Height: 6-0. Weight: 216

Top UDFA Wants (I listed 7 because I expect my top 2 to be drafted)

1.       Isaiah Land, DE/OLB, Florida A&M
Height: 6-4. Weight: 236 (5th round)

2.       Tyson Bagnet, QB, Shephard
Height: 6-3. Weight: 215 (6th round)

3.       Calab Murphy, DE/OLB, Ferris St.
Height: 6-3. Weight: 254

4.       Zack Kuntz, TE, ODU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 255

5.       Quinton Barrow, OT, Grand Valley State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 331

6.       Zeke Vandenburge, LB, Ill. St.
Height: 6-3. Weight: 236

7.       Adam Plant Jr., OLB, UNLV
Height: 6-5. Weight: 250

Tell me what you guys think?!?!? Tear it apart dont spare my feelings, tell me how you would improve it...but if you like, say so LOL

Gracias Good Brothers....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I also am of the Mindset of my man @LETSGOBROWNIES..we can USE the 8 draft picks we got, to fill spots.....and prepare for the future....Folks talking about we shouldnt have trade the picks...well that ship has sailed...and Berry has put us in position to have a FULL draft (more than 7 picks) and not having a 1rst but not needing ANY starters either. And with that....here is my Final Draft 

cheap depth for 4 years that can develop bb.  Use ‘em all.

NFL Draft

3rd Isaiah Foskey, DE, Notre Dame
Height: 6-5. Weight: 264

Big fan.  No clue why he’s not projected a round or two higher tbh. He’s a home run in R3 imo.

3rd Jartavius  Martin, S/CB, Illinois
Height: 6-0. Weight: 195

No clue, but a good DB with versatility can’t hurt.

4th  Owen Pappoe, ILB, Auburn
Height: 6-0. Weight: 225

I’m game, like it.

Stinks Big Cat GIF by Barstool Sports

sorry, not a fan lol.

5th Broderick Martin, DT, WKU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 337

know nothing about him, but based on the size of his *** alone I’m intrigued.

5th Isiah Bolden, CB/KR/PR, JSU
Height: 6-2. Weight: 202

6th Jake Whitt, OT, N.Mich
Height: 6-7. Weight: 302

7th Deneric Prince, RB, Tulsa
Height: 6-0. Weight: 216

No clue tbh.

4.       Zack Kuntz, TE, ODU
Height: 6-7. Weight: 255

I’ll be lightweight surprised if he’s there on day 3 and absolutely stunned if he’s undrafted.

• Like 1

Love it all with the exception of Carter, who I think is damn near undraftable. No clue who the CB/KR/PR Bolden is to be fair.

I love Foskey, love Martin, Pappoe is “my guy,” and the rest is great. My mock has Pappoe, Martin, Witt, & Prince in it too believe it or not.

Starting to think that Jartavius Martin is gonna be gone before R3 at this point. He’s really good, timed elite, and is in a terrible S draft class. 

Edited by BetterCallSaul
  • Like 1

Yeah I’m gonna say our trade shenanigans that led to a day 2 of Veikune, Massaquoi, Robiskie along with not taking Julio then taking Phil Taylor are still tops for me. Actually, I’m not all that far removed from us taking Justin Gilbert and then trading up and taking Johnny Manziel either so that one is up there. Dang there’s just too many of these  infuriating instances in the conversation. At least we don’t have high draft picks this year to get ticked off by…

• Like 3

23 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Love it all with the exception of Carter, who I think is damn near undraftable. No clue who the CB/KR/PR Bolden is to be fair.

I love Foskey, love Martin, Pappoe is “my guy,” and the rest is great. My mock has Pappoe, Martin, Witt, & Prince in it too believe it or not.

Starting to think that Jartavius Martin is gonna be gone before R3 at this point. He’s really good, timed elite, and is in a terrible S draft class. 

Former 4 or 5 star recruit that originally went to Florida State...he transferred down to JSU for playing time and to learn under Deion Sanders...good Kid, good size, elite athletics and top notch kick and punt returner....he's a slot CB by trade, but supposedly can play outside and SAF....

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 5:39 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

This is a little high for my taste but if we took him in the 5th, I'd be ok with that. Lets remember, I don't know if Army even has a real strength and conditioning program or a serious one for that matter. I think he could really benefit from an offseason with NFL level training, let's not forget that he does have really good pass rush instincts as well as really good technique and length, he just tested really poorly and needs a little bulk and explosion training, might be worth a try IMO.

• Like 1