Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Plus he's short for a QB and wears number 11 jersey. These are all equally valid criticisms with the same supporting evidence.

Almost like proclaiming him a sure fire HOF'er after starting 2 games lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, General Tso said:

Hmm maybe the whole "spend 10 FRP on defense and let Aaron carry the offense" isn't a good long term plan. 

I mean, we can pretend that the Packers don't have 5 (AJ Dillon, Jaylen Reed, Christian Watson, Elgton Jenkins, and Josh Myers) on the offensive side of the ball.  Since Gutekunst has taken over as GM, the Packers have had 21 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft.  Of those 21 picks, 12 of those 21 picks were used on players on the offensive side of the ball.  The notion that the Packers haven't spent picks on the offensive side of the ball needs to die. 

26 minutes ago, Pool said:

And another in the 2nd! That's too offenses AROD had to use and he blew it!

I might shock you with this one, but...

Terrence Murphy - 2.58
Greg Jennings - 2.52
James Jones - 3.78
Jordy Nelson - 2.36
Randall Cobb - 2.64
Davante Adams - 2.53
Average: 2.57
-----------------------
Amari Rodgers - 3.85
Christian Watson - 2.34
Jayden Reed - 2.50
Average: 2.56

So on average, the Packers have invested as much into the WR position in terms of pick value as they did in the first few years when Green Bay was rebuilding their WR corps.

Anyone wanna go check Trevor Lawrence's numbers after his first 7 games?  Let's compare that to Jordan Love.

Trevor Lawrence: 161-270 (59.6%), 1773 passing yards (6.6 YPA), 8 passing TD (2.6%), 9 INT (3.3%)
Jordan Love: 135-234 (57.7%), 1492 passing yards (6.4 YPA), 11 passing TD (3.4%), 8 INT (3.4%)

I'm not saying that Jordan Love is Trevor Lawrence, but Lawerence struggled badly in his first year as a starting QB.  Largely because of a poor supporting cast.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone wanna go check Trevor Lawrence's numbers after his first 7 games?  Let's compare that to Jordan Love.

Trevor Lawrence: 161-270 (59.6%), 1773 passing yards (6.6 YPA), 8 passing TD (2.6%), 9 INT (3.3%)
Jordan Love: 135-234 (57.7%), 1492 passing yards (6.4 YPA), 11 passing TD (3.4%), 8 INT (3.4%)

I'm not saying that Jordan Love is Trevor Lawrence, but Lawerence struggled badly in his first year as a starting QB.  Largely because of a poor supporting cast.

As your fellow packer fan would say: apples and hand grenades.

Rookie Jordan Love under Urban Meyer.  Now that would’ve been hilarious.

• Like 2