Are you smarter than Gutekunst?? ........... 2023 shadow draft

squire12

• pick 13:  I would have went JSN.  Build around Love and see what he is.   like Van Ness, but would have preferred JSN
  • pick 42:  Staying with Musgrave.  Like the athlete at TE and see what he becomes 
  • pick 45:  Like the trade down to 48 to pick up a 5th (159)

RD1 (13): Edge LVN - So far I am at least as smart as Gute.  Keeping LVN is an easy decision.

RD2 (42): TE Musgrave - I'll also keep this pick

I am good with the trade downs from 45 to 50

RD2 (50): WR Jayden Reed  God dammit.  I kind of like this pick too.

I give up.  I am not smarter than Gute.

• pick 13:  I would have went JSN.  Build around Love and see what he is.   like Van Ness, but would have preferred JSN
  • pick 42:  Staying with Musgrave.  Like the athlete at TE and see what he becomes 
  • pick 50:  Very happy with Reed.  early college production, high % of college passing game offense, route runner, has some alpha in him!!!
  • Assuming I pick JSN at 13, I stay at 48 and take Keeanu Benton
Edited by squire12

• pick 50:  Very happy with Reed.  early college production, high % of college passing game offense, route runner, has some alpha in him!!!
  • pick 78:  stick with Kraft.  Athletic TE.  small school will be an adjustment
Edited by squire12

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Going to drop this here for easy reference in the future

As I've said, I loved JSN and would have taken him 1st.

Mauch would have been my choice at 42.  Love his game and think he is versatile.

I'd have been screaming for Darnell Washington at 50.  Easily the best blocker in the class, great athlete, and soft hands.  Sounds like the medical stuff was overblown.

In the 3rd, I wouldn't have minded Kraft oddly enough as I think he and Darnell would compliment well, but I'd have preferred Antonio Johnson to fill a giant hole at safety.

WR, OL, TE, to start.  We have to give Love a lot of support.

• Like 1

• pick 116:   I would have taken Braeden Daniels OL from Utah.   Wooden is a tweener, has some tools inside, just not sure he is stout enough for early down work.  Don't see him on the outside

• pick 116:   I would have taken Braeden Daniels OL from Utah.   Wooden is a tweener, has some tools inside, just not sure he is stout enough for early down work.  Don't see him on the outside
  • pick 149:  NO to Sean Clifford.  I would have taken Darrel Luter Jr 

• pick 159:   Stay with Dontayvion Wicks   really strong production his 1st opportunity with notable snaps in 2021.  dropped off last year, GB looks at the high point of college career as much as last year in college

• pick 159:   Stay with Dontayvion Wicks   really strong production his 1st opportunity with notable snaps in 2021.  dropped off last year, GB looks at the high point of college career as much as last year in college
  • pick 179:  stay with Karl Brooks.   Like the quickness.  Lowry replacement and a developmental piece for the 3/5T player