Are you smarter than Gutekunst?? ........... 2023 shadow draft

squire12

Let's have some fun during the NFL draft and post who you would select if you were in Brian Gutekunst shoes as the GB Packer GM.

Couple basic concepts/rules

1. Ideally you post who you as GB GM would pick at the time the pick is made, or shortly after GB has picked.  
    1. If you agree with/are good with the GB pick, state it
    2. if not, then state who you would have picked instead
  2. If GB trades up/down, you can post you would not have made the trade and kept the original pick(s) GB had.
  3. You can't create a trade up or down that does not materialize in the actual draft

link to last year 2022

Current picks for GB

• Like 2

1.13 Christian Gonzalez 

2.42 Brian Branch

2.50 Tuli Tuipulotu (I really like Reed, but didn't watch him at all before the pick. Would take Reed now)

3.78 Tucker Kraft

4.116 Israel Abanikanda

5.149 Antonio Johnson Jr

5.159 Tre'Vius Hodges -Tomlinson

6.179 Trey Palmer

6.207 Zack Kuntz

7.232 Hunter Luepke

7.235 Ryan Hayes

7.242 Anthony Johnson Jr

7.256 Grant DuBose

Edited by incognito_man

Draft Day Butt Trumpet Beans

In a big dutch oven…

*fry six strips of bacon—chop and set aside.
*remove all but a Tbsp of bacon fat. Brown one medium onion chopped before adding one pound ground beef to pan. Brown and drain well. Invite bacon bits back to the party. 

*Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, and generous splashes of ketchup, molasses, mustard and Frank’s hot sauce. Chili powder or other stuff if you like to wing spices.

*Dump in two cans of yer favorite baked beans. one can of butter beans, and one can of kidney beans, (drain them if you don’t like it soupy). Recommended also  is a can of stewed tomatoes—drain if you hate too much liquid.. Or don’t.

Simmer on low heat for a long time.

Eat. Play 1812 Overture until the draft starts—you’ll know your part when it comes up.

I will applaud our first new Packer right here when the time comes. Unless the pick sucks. Which it won’t.

(4/27/23 A.M. Post Round 1)

Gutenkunst drives one right down the middle, 270. Timely pick, since the premier Edge position is wrecked by the end of the round.

Premier TE and WR depth still intact for today's three picks. Prediction: TE, WR, DT and OL are in play. I would not be surprised if WR is not as big a deal to Gute as it is to the fans. Age old story. But TE has to be addressed. Must be. Will be.

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

reserved

Or is this more of a discussion thread than a draft contest type thing?

more discussion and putting on record if you would have drafted a different player.  If you check and look at last years, you will see how most did things

• Like 1

Chicken Cheese dip...an easy one.

For the draft...enjoy.

Two large cans of canned chicken.  Or, grill up some chicken breasts and shred them.  Or do a crockpot, I don't much care.  Canned chicken has always worked good in this recipe.

8 ounces of cream cheese.  Get Philadelphia Cream Cheese you cheap ****s.....

8 ounces of sour cream.  

A whole lot of shredded cheddar cheese.

One drained can of diced tomatoes with green chilis added.

Salt.  Pepper.  Garlic.

Into a big bowl, put the chicken, sour cream and cream cheese.  Nuke it until you can mix it together.  Then add the cheddar and nuke it some more.  Get it all melted.  Add the tomatoes.  Nuke it some more.  Season to your taste liking.

Dip your chips and knock yourself out.

I've been known to wrap these in tortillas as well.

• Like 1

Do we have any of the old ones archived?  I don’t know **** about the draft but like to see where all the expert shot callers landed over the past 3-4 years. 

And now I see it linked in the OP. Well, here it is again, bigger for all of the dummies. 

Edited by Refugee

1. Gonzalez or JSN easily. Not a fan of LVN.

2. 43. LUKE MUSGRAVE BABY. Wouldn't change a thing. 

2. 45. Benton or Branch

3. Washington - knowing nothing about medicals I think Washington is just better then Kraft. 

Edited by Spartacus

I would draft Cody Mauch and designate him as a running back. But not for real, he would just be an extra fast blocker for QB1, Jordan Love.  I love Aaron Jones but he gets swept away when blocking. Aaron Jones could still be on the field as an option. I know it's tipping your hand as a throw down but It would be worht it. You could still hand it off in the option. I'm unsure of the rules but this could work ecellent or terrible. It's a risk I'm willing to take as I lay on the couch with 3 pillows and food.