2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

11 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd be plenty happy with any of Washington, Mayer or Musgrave in RD2.  Wanted no part of any TE in RD1, but now is the time.

I have a really strong feeling we don't leave round 2 without at least 1 TE. I'm hoping we scoop up Branch early and then hold pat to take Mugrave. We can always take another late to hedge out bets. 

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I don't know who the Packers top TE is but if they want him they better move up at least 5 spots because I see the run on TE's starting in the 30's. Other teams know the TE is one of the Packers top needs and will be trading ahead of them to get one. Gute has the capital go get your guy.

It's only 10 picks and there are A LOT of other good players available. 

Guys who could easily go in the first 10 picks of the 2nd: 

1. Levis
  2. Porter
  3. Branch
  4. Hooker
  5. Avila
  6. Tippman
  7. Torrence
  8. K. White
  9. Ojulari
  10. Ringo
  11. Adebawore
  12. Simpson
  13. C. Smith
  14. Turner
  15. D. Hall

This list doesn't include any TEs or WRs. I could see a TE or 2 go in the first 10, but that would still leave plenty of options for us. We only need to move up if we really like a guy -- like Mayer for example. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's only 10 picks and there are A LOT of other good players available. 

This list doesn't include any TEs or WRs. I could see a TE or 2 go in the first 10, but that would still leave plenty of options for us. We only need to move up if we really like a guy -- like Mayer for example. 

Yeah, other teams have their own needs/priorities and really don't give a **** that GB needs a TE.  GB can stand pat in RD2 and there will be several legit TE options available.  Whether Gute chooses to exercise that option is a completely different matter, but I see zero need to trade up for a TE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Haha, I said this last night. I hope someone trades a 4th for Preston and a 3rd to get away from gross contract 

At first i thought he was advertising himself for trade, but he is probably offering to sell it to lvn

Edited by HokieHigh
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Yeah, I think every evaluation I read on Branch had tackling as one of his biggest plus traits. Not sure how anyone would have him pegged as a poor tackler.

He really really jumps out on tape as a playing a good bit faster than he times. He just knows where to be. Very efficient football player. Micah Hyde, Tyrann Mathieu type of football IQ and instincts IMO

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He really really jumps out on tape as a playing a good bit faster than he times. He just knows where to be. Very efficient football player. Micah Hyde, Tyrann Mathieu type of football IQ and instincts IMO

I would not be upset at all to see Branch in RD2, but I can say the same thing about a dozen players.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would not bee upset at all to see Branch in RD2, but I can say the same think about a dozen players.

Pick 37 to 51 really is the best part of this draft. And we get two picks.

Only way i could be happier is if gute grabs a third one

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Pick 37 to 51 really is the best part of this draft. And we get two picks.

Only way i could be happier is if gute grabs a third one

The dream to trade up and out of the turd round lives.

I don't think it happens without a trade down in the second round somewhere.