2023 WC Semifinals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (4) Phoenix Suns

11sanchez11

5 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Jokic casually going 10/11 to finish the game. Even his biggest detractors are converted now.

Dude is unreal. Never been a detractor but did get into some debates about the history of winning multiple/consecutive MVP’s which I still think is valid.  So freaking good and fun to watch though. 

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

i saw people saying chris going out was going to help and i didn't believe them. that's on me 

Hmm. I think it helps them at home, where Payne gets them playing faster and they feed off the home crowd.

Not convinced it helps them in Denver. Payne tried it last night and the whole team was gassed by midway through the 3rd. 

As a Nuggets fan, I'd prefer to see Paul not play in game 7.

22 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Hmm. I think it helps them at home, where Payne gets them playing faster and they feed off the home crowd.

Not convinced it helps them in Denver. Payne tried it last night and the whole team was gassed by midway through the 3rd. 

As a Nuggets fan, I'd prefer to see Paul not play in game 7.

Can see that just because the role players themselves are so mid. But no Paul means more spacing for Booker and Durant and the ball in their hands more. I think the gap between them and Chris is so wide that in full that is better for them.

I think the reality of this series is Booker and Durant have to go full GOD mode to win games. In shockingly impressive fashion it happened 2 games in a row in PHX. Obviously great chance it happens tonight. I think Nuggets have to just be as physical as they have been in Denver even if they get in foul trouble. You aren't gonna stop these guys if they get to be comfortable. Difference in Denver was how physical they have been playing defense

One of the biggest benefits of CP3 not being there is the ball is in Booker's hands more and he's able to attack and get downhill more and get KD more touches. They are able to play a bit faster and get some easy looks that way but this only works when Booker/KD are amazing. If they are just average or good, then obviously being a top heavy team and not having one of your top three players is not going to end well. 

I expect KD to be a bit more patient to start tonight's game and let it come to him before he goes in attack mode. I see him trying to get others some open looks and for him and DBook to get Ayton some touches so he stays engaged defensively. The Nuggets are the better team but Booker/KD have shown those two alone can get it done in this series. Booker came back to earth a bit last game and even if he's not shooting an insane 90% from the field, he should be better than game 5 and KD should be better as well.

Suns 116 Nuggets 104

On to game 7...............