2023 Titans Draft Talk Day One (No Pick Tipping AKA Spoilers)

KingTitan

10 minutes ago, Dr.Doom52 said:

Crazy 1st round, I hate that there was a lateish run on WR's, but it was to be expected. 

At this point you just have to stick with the board, we have enough holes that taking another OL like the top OC to something would not be out of line.

I would be more than fine with that. I want a WR/TE in round 2 then OC in round 3 if things go perfectly tonight, but I wouldn't hate the other way around. I also wouldn't hate Edge.

If they pull that off then I'm happy. I don't want a QB at this point, even if Levis falls to our 2nd, and I don't want CB.

You know they had me. I was ready to go up to 3 get AR ( Never liked him before today anways) and get dhop. LOWKEY Still wouldn't mind getting Dhop lol BUT OK Im super good with the pick. Our Oline was trash. It got our QB hurt. Twice. And yes Ryan is OUR QB. Get it in your heads boys lmao. The Oline is MUCH MUCH improved from last year and I'm real happy about that. Give the king one more szn in his prime behind a legit line and watch him go for 2k and hammer home the fact he is a HoF

Im just glad we didnt draft Will. I feel bad for him in the green room. Someone told that kid if he's going HIGH and he was LIED to hahaha  but he was never a 1st round guy. Not saying he wont be a good player (Back up) but haha he doesn't have 1st round talent at all. Same with Malik last year. Didnt understand the hype on Malik when you turn on the tape and guess what TAPE DONT LIE and its the same with Will its MEH at best.

IF IF we gotta go QB give me Hendo just for my Vols love and KT woouold be happy lol if we go WR next give me Tillman or Hyatt (Kid can fly his 40 was a lie xD) 

Now if you want someone to replace NWI and is already hated as much on here cause he is just as slow is Rashee Rice.  Listen that kid can catch everything near him even with a DB on his back cause he cant separate. But this is why we pay coaches to coach up the player lol. Rice would get better at route running imo and be a really solid #2 with Burks as the 1 and KP running the slot! 

Cause we did just draft two WRs. One high 1st so maybe we are in better shape than we think at WR. Kyle is for real if he can get bigger and stay up he will be a real weapon for us and Burks was about to breakout before Philly smacked him in the endzone so Im almost not even mad about any of it.

Man we could go DB or TE even OL again and Id be fine. We have so many holes its like any new help is great 

6 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Might as well Fire Vrabel as well then...

I'm so sick of this narrative. Mahomes, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts were all drafted to playoff teams or close. I'd MUCH rather go that route than be the laughing stock of the league for a decade plus in hopes that maybe one day it maybe nets a Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. 

I'll never forgive JRob for what he did to the heart of TItans fandom by trading AJ Brown. In the span of 12 months the fan base went from optimism to blow the team up and suck until a good QB comes... All based on one player being traded. Titans fandom is down bad man. 

My thing isn’t that we should tank forever until we find a QB, it’s that this iteration of the Titans peaked and isn’t talented enough to accomplish anything anymore. 

What’s the benefit of having Derrick Henry and Ryan Tannehill on the Tennessee Titans in 2023? Genuinely. Is it just to avoid a season of embarrassment?

Derrick will be 30 and a free agent next year. Ryan Tannehill will likely be a FA and turn 36 before the 2024 season starts. These aren’t pieces that will contribute to a playoff team around any new QB. They’ll be on the team solely to try to keep us thoroughly average in 2023 and that’s pretty much the end of it. Byard’s probably different and I can understand why you’d want him around. He’s just young enough and his game should age well enough to get a few more quality years out of him.

I certainly agree that the AJ trade was a massive turning point for how I viewed the direction of this franchise and the state of this roster. It was the official death blow for this Titans era that we’re trying to hold on to. 

You need more young talent. Because Robinson wasted years, this team is devoid of it. And Ran needs as many assets as he can get to acquire it. That’s how you build a playoff team around any new QB, not by clinging for dear life to players that aren’t going to help you win enough games to actually matter.

• Like 2