2023 Titans Draft Talk Day One (No Pick Tipping AKA Spoilers)

KingTitan

2 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Just seems like quite a bit of investment with Jefferson and Hockenson already. Especially when the Defense is as bad as theirs was last year.

I thought Joey Porter Jr was the perfect Brian Flores CB but they did need help at WR

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I thought Joey Porter Jr was the perfect Brian Flores CB but they did need help at WR

Joey porter is falling because he has tight hips & his weakness is playing off coverage he’s a press man corner only in a era DC love to mix it up with zone, man 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Im now okay taking Hooker or Levis since we’re out of the first. 

I still don’t want Hooker, but there certainly comes a point where I’d accept Levis. But we just need receivers so bad. I hate having a need so glaring that you have to address it in the draft. But that’s where we’re at. You just have to add talent. There’s holes all over the roster, but if you go into the year with NWI as your unquestioned WR2 you’re just dead. 

My slightly buzzed thoughts after Day 1 of the draft remain exactly as they were a day ago, a week ago and a month ago. I wish we had embraced 2023 as a down year. Trade Tannehill, trade Derrick, maybe even trade Byard. Just cut the cord.

There’s too many holes and too many top end QBs in the AFC for this roster to compete. But you’re also not tanking with Ryan Tannehill at QB and Derrick Henry at RB. If they stay healthy, you probably ride them to 7 wins again. And then what? You play this same game where you try to trade up but the top two QBs go 1-2?

I like our pick tonight. I’m in absolutely no way disappointed that we didn’t try to outbid Houston so that we could jumó Indy for Richardson. But what are we doing? What are we trying to accomplish with this boring *** roster? I’m just at a loss for why I should be interested or care about the 2023 Tennessee Titans. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My slightly buzzed thoughts after Day 1 of the draft remain exactly as they were a day ago, a week ago and a month ago. I wish we had embraced 2023 as a down year. Trade Tannehill, trade Derrick, maybe even trade Byard. Just cut the cord.

There’s too many holes and too many top end QBs in the AFC for this roster to compete. But you’re also not tanking with Ryan Tannehill at QB and Derrick Henry at RB. If they stay healthy, you probably ride them to 7 wins again. And then what? You play this same game where you try to trade up but the top two QBs go 1-2?

I like our pick tonight. I’m in absolutely no way disappointed that we didn’t try to outbid Houston so that we could jumó Indy for Richardson. But what are we doing? What are we trying to accomplish with this boring *** roster? I’m just at a loss for why I should be interested or care about the 2023 Tennessee Titans. 

Might as well Fire Vrabel as well then...

I'm so sick of this narrative. Mahomes, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Jalen Hurts were all drafted to playoff teams or close. I'd MUCH rather go that route than be the laughing stock of the league for a decade plus in hopes that maybe one day it maybe nets a Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. 

I'll never forgive JRob for what he did to the heart of TItans fandom by trading AJ Brown. In the span of 12 months the fan base went from optimism to blow the team up and suck until a good QB comes... All based on one player being traded. Titans fandom is down bad man. 

• Like 1

Crazy 1st round, I hate that there was a lateish run on WR's, but it was to be expected. 

At this point you just have to stick with the board, we have enough holes that taking another OL like the top OC to something would not be out of line. 

We all have opinions on QB's and it's easy for us to just trade away multiple 1st or what ever...to get ahead of HOU...but the guys/girls that actually run the team have to make those hard decisions. We actually did one good thing, possible drove up the price for HOU to get #3, the pundits were saying if we went up to 3 it could possibly be had without next years 1st. 

Like everyone is saying if we go QB next year the class is likely to be much stronger/deeper, and if we are unfortunate enough to have Tanny lead up to the playoffs, yes we will be picking in the 20's...but we can justify spending the draft capitol to go up and get one of them. 

No one here thinks we are going to in the top 5 draft position right, I mean we are likely to be at worst where we were this year so we were never going to have an easy time getting to 2 or 3. Also some perineal poor teams, now have their QB's and won't be taking one. If we believe enough that there is a guy there that will be a franchise guy we can go get them.