2023 Titans Draft Talk Day One (No Pick Tipping AKA Spoilers)

KingTitan

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

The problem would be trading the future to get that guy. In your example, they wouldn’t have been able to grab Tee Higgins or Ja’Marr Chase if they hade to trade up to get him.

But also. When September rolls around. I can't imagine this forum being all happy to suck to pick #1 like the Bengals did. 

12 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I don't agree. If you like a QB you go get them. They tried. 

Not inspired by another year of Tannehill. 

No guarantee they all come out. 

NIL makes it easier to stay in school. 

There was literally no way to get Stroud tho. and they clearly didn't want Richardson, which was the right move imo.

Agree to disagree. I think that's a cliche perpetuated by the draft talking heads. People act like picking a QB is a Cinderella story. 

I think GMs fall in love with QBs every year. They will fall in love next year too. A smart GM is aware of the situation he would be drafting a young QB into. Timing is everything

6 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

No pass catchers selected as we close in on the first 20 picks is kinda surprising.

I was always thinking that if we pass on JSN, it’s probably for good reason, since we can probably assume Vrabel gets the inside scoop on OSU players.

I just wish we’d taken Broderick instead.

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

There was literally no way to get Stroud tho. and they clearly didn't want Richardson, which was the right move imo.

Agree to disagree. I think that's a cliche perpetuated by the draft talking heads. People act like picking a QB is a Cinderella story. 

I think GMs fall in love with QBs every year. They will fall in love next year too. A smart GM is aware of the situation he would be drafting a young QB into. Timing is everything

Yeah. I'm just more so disagreeing with the philosophy of waiting because you don't want to trade up. 

I said all along that if they do their homework and say they aren't worth trading up cool. 

But if they are worth trading up then do it. 

They tried couldn't do it. 

But I say what will make next year any different. 

They could love 3 QBs and not be able to trade up the same. 

But good for them for not going to get someone they didn't believe in. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I was always thinking that if we pass on JSN, it’s probably for good reason, since we can probably assume Vrabel gets the inside scoop on OSU players.

I just wish we’d taken Broderick instead.

JSN missed time this season with hammy injury, bad fit for us. 🤣

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If people didn't want Hooker they not gonna want Penix. He will be old too when he comes out and had an ACL in his history. 

Rattler is over hyped. 

Nix sucked at Auburn. 

I think Williams styke of play night not translate well. And his offensive numbers don't mean Jack to me. In that offense all QBs put up numbers. 

Maye needs to show he can do it more than one year and stay healthy. 

Sign......lol 

Should be a "fun" year of debate. 

And so the QBs selected this year are perfect?

Again Anthony Richardson is my point. Nobody knew him last year. Now everyone is butt hurt we didn't out bid the Texans to take him at #3?

IF this years crop of QBS got everyone so hot and bothered, so will next year. Fans were screaming we got a 1st round pick in the 3rd round when we traded up for Malik last year. ESPN and NFL Network does a good job convincing fans that their team can't pass on whatever group of QBs are available. This time next year the TV networks and draft 'analysts' will have yall convinced that those same names you are 'meh' about now are the savior to be.

Edited by Chocolateman78

As the emotion goes away from the hype train leading into the top 10 and qb drama, I really love our pick.

I ultimately knew we would be reserved about a trade. I think we were really interested in moving to get a guy but didn’t want to sell the farm to do it. Which at the end of the day I support.

We have massive holes, I think good things will come from repairing the O line. I think we will see another pick for our line in this draft. I expect us to beef up in the trenches. I see us using a pick on a bully tight end. Hoping for Mayer.

Sucks. I want to see some young hope at the qb spot. But I don’t know man. I just don’t know when that will happen now. I think we get underestimated and overachieve next year.