Philapelphia Eagles Draft Day 1 Discussion -- NO SPOILERS

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I mean.... lets see who is starting at LB and Safety then before we say it isn't working? 

I really don't care if we bring in rentals every year as long as the players we are starting are playing well enough for us to win football games. We also just drafted Dean in the third round last year so that could be a guy that sticks. We just have to wait and see what they do with the rest of the draft. There will still be moves to be made after the draft is done as well.

There's been a long history of having scrubs in the secondary and LB corps. 2022 was the exception, that's why I say it's not working. 

Hopefully yeah everyone works out. 

9 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

There's been a long history of having scrubs in the secondary and LB corps. 2022 was the exception, that's why I say it's not working. 

Hopefully yeah everyone works out. 

I mean there is no question the Eagles have whiffed on guys in the past. But they just need to start getting the right guys going forward. I have a lot more hope Nakobe Dean will work out than Davion Taylor for example.

I guess my point is the process wasn't the problem, the players that they chose were.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If they chose the wrong players, wouldn't the process that led to those selections be the problem ??

I don't mean their draft process, I meant their team building process. For example Anthony Harris and Eric Wilson were clear whiffs. That doesn't mean that they are completely wrong for building the team the way they did.... it just means the paid the wrong LB and Safety.

The drafting process was definitely broke when Pederson was the coach though. The Reagor and Taylor picks were perfect examples of that. Drafting for need and scheme fit was a massive issue. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

We did not execute them on Defense. We had a 10 pt lead at half, if our Defense matched them stop for stop, the Chiefs never take the lead.

I can play that dumb *** game too.

It’s not even that deep. 

Our offense produced 35 pts. Theirs produced 31. We out-something’d them, however you’d like to call it. If we’re making it that simple, that’s about as simple as it gets. Hurts, god bless him, gave them a defensive TD and we lost by 3. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s not even that deep. 

Our offense produced 35 pts. Theirs produced 31. We out-something’d them, however you’d like to call it. If we’re making it that simple, that’s about as simple as it gets. Hurts, god bless him, gave them a defensive TD and we lost by 3. 

Our ST basically gave up a PR TD, we lost by 3pts. Any narrative that suggests our Offense didn't do enough when our defense got Zero Sacks, Zero TO's is just absurd. We stop them to a FG on the Bradberry hold, the Eagles are down 3pts  38-35 with 3 mins to go to tie or win the SB with a TD.

35PTS in a SB should be more then enough to win vast majority of the time.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Our ST basically gave up a PR TD, we lost by 3pts. Any narrative that suggests our Offense didn't do enough when our defense got Zero Sacks, Zero TO's is just absurd. We stop them to a FG on the Bradberry hold, the Eagles are down 3pts  38-35 with 3 mins to go to tie or win the SB with a TD.

35PTS in a SB should be more then enough to win vast majority of the time.

There’s really no “basically”. There is and isn’t. Our offense was enough. Defensively is a no.