🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

45 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I don’t think the slow get off is due to conditioning or him missing time in TC too much as he was doing it on film in college too very noticeably. It seems like it’s mental thing with him, maybe hesitating as he doesn’t want to over commit or read what’s going on.

It can definitely be improved dramatically, but if for some reason he can’t improve significantly then it’ll be a massive problem moving forward.

I think it was part of the problem but he’s just not giving it any excuses. Just says he needs to be better and continue to work on it. I’d prefer to hear that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Absolutely that’s the draft you get things right you get things wrong but if you try to say you got all things right and then get called out for a bad call, best to own it. Embarrassing otherwise. 

This is why I think the Me v Ziegler / Grudock threads are better than random mock drafts. There are so many mocks you can theoretically pick any player anywhere whilst the me v Ziegler thread you get to put it down for posterity at the time or immediately thereafter and can only pick players available at that time. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

This is why I think the Me v Ziegler / Grudock threads are better than random mock drafts. There are so many mocks you can theoretically pick any player anywhere whilst the me v Ziegler thread you get to put it down for posterity at the time or immediately thereafter and can only pick players available at that time. 

Agreed.but If you are gonna brag about the good picks you’ve got to expect to be pulled up about the bad ones. Seems like some don’t like the bad picks being pointed out though. 

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

When he said he was money on the last 5 drafts

Could be taste, but I don't think saying it was money = it was all 100% right, particularly when there isn't a dispute about the draft being an imperfect science. 

Just saying, if I made a mock where 1 of 7 picks wasn't good, and someone is willing to concede that it's virtually impossible to have a perfect draft, then I would say that draft was money. 

Whether that's 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, 4/7, so on so forth may be debatable, but it's not the same as saying "perfect draft". 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Could be taste, but I don't think saying it was money = it was all 100% right, particularly when there isn't a dispute about the draft being an imperfect science. 

Just saying, if I made a mock where 1 of 7 picks wasn't good, and someone is willing to concede that it's virtually impossible to have a perfect draft, then I would say that draft was money. 

Whether that's 1/7, 2/7, 3/7, 4/7, so on so forth may be debatable, but it's not the same as saying "perfect draft". 

Yeah sure you would be happy with McZ draftng Devin Bush in the 1st round. 

28 minutes ago, Dessie said:

‘“As a rookie, Bush compiled 109 tackles (nine for loss), one sack, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries (one for a TD). He also had two INTs and four passes defended.”

id be happy with that you got some high standards dude lol

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:‘“As a rookie, Bush compiled 109 tackles (nine for loss), one sack, one forced fumble and four fumble recoveries (one for a TD). He also had two INTs and four passes defended.”

id be happy with that you got some high standards dude lol

Yeah and you’ve got a pretty low bar referring to rookie stats only lol. 

Like I said your ego is so far out of control that you are trying (badly) to defend the Bush pick lol.

Edited by Dessie

53 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Nah, I wasn't particularly high on Bush myself. 

I wanted Josh Allen in round 1. We took Cle. 

I vividly remember that draft night. 

Allen, Montez Sweat, and Byron Murphy were who I pounded the table for. 

We didn't take any of them. I wasn't happy and I'm still not. 

Had McZ taken Cle, I wouldn't have been happy. I wouldn't have been happy with Bush. 

I'm not happy McZ took that literal unmoveable object called Tyree Wilson, either. 

But....what does my distaste for anything McZ do or hypothetically do have to do with what NCoughman said? What does it matter whether I would've been happy with Bush or not have to do with what he said? 

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Had McZ taken Cle, I wouldn't have been happy. I wouldn't have been happy with Bush. 

I'm not happy McZ took that literal unmoveable object called Tyree Wilson, either. 

But....what does my distaste for anything McZ do or hypothetically do have to do with what NCoughman said? What does it matter whether I would've been happy with Bush or not have to do with what he said? 

You asked me the question on what NCough said, so I explained I said he said he was money and that’s the reason why I brought up the Bush pick,  glad you agree that Bush was a bad pick 👍

Edited by Dessie

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He got triggered off of the word “money”  even tho I explained “money doesn’t = perfect”

then he brought up the draft where I mocked josh Allen, devin bush (supposedly), thornhill, maxx and foster and others. he won’t pull it up tho

Now he’s attacking the bush pick saying it made my draft bad and not money cause it was a bad pick or something 

5 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yeah and you’ve got a pretty low bar referring to rookie stats only lol. 

Like I said your ego is so far out of control that you are trying (badly) to defend the Bush pick lol.

lol we’re talking about drafts right

how else can you determine if a guy was a good pick without evaluating stats esp from his rookie year. Which you said weren’t impressive fair enough 

he got injured 2nd year. now if you’re saying his injury made him a bust then I agree to disagree 

you trippin tho dude talking about my ego and you derailed this whole thread just to talk about me and my mock drafting. Let it go dude.

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

lol we’re talking about drafts right

how else can you determine if a guy was a good pick without evaluating stats esp from his rookie year. Which you said weren’t impressive fair enough 

he got injured 2nd year. now if you’re saying his injury made him a bust then I agree to disagree 

you trippin tho dude talking about my ego and you derailed this whole thread just to talk about me and my mock drafting. Let it go dude.

Lol you derailed the thread by trying to brag about your mocks. I pointed out that you picked Bush you then got the hump, tried to deflect answering  whether you picked Bush or not and now you are trying to claim he’s not a bust.  I find it funny you can’t admit you were wrong on Bush. 

Edited by Dessie

5 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He got triggered off of the word “money”  even tho I explained “money doesn’t = perfect”

then he brought up the draft where I mocked josh Allen, devin bush (supposedly), thornhill, maxx and foster and others. he won’t pull it up tho

Now he’s attacking the bush pick saying it made my draft bad and not money cause it was a bad pick or something 

Sorry missed this. Money means exact or precise, I.e perfect. 

Happy to let it go though. 

Edited by Dessie

19 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, I don’t think the slow get off is due to conditioning or him missing time in TC too much as he was doing it on film in college too very noticeably. It seems like it’s mental thing with him, maybe hesitating as he doesn’t want to over commit or read what’s going on.

It can definitely be improved dramatically, but if for some reason he can’t improve significantly then it’ll be a massive problem moving forward.

I agree with this. And you see when he cuts loose like that rep against Dallas, he's explosive. So this seems correctable. The challenge is, he missed most of camp. And with Chandler's being absent from the team, it's forced him into a bigger role quicker. 

I think they get it worked out in time. Nothing changes for me. This was a get your feet wet year with low expectations. His best football is come year 2 and beyond. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, Darbsk said:

This. I was happy he owned up to it but still confused how he made it this far without it. Definitely something to watch going forward. He doesn’t do himself any favors with the slow get off imo