1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

6 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What if he was Jack the Ripper?

If you have to inject "what if" scenarios into the discussion, the original topic is clearly not significant enough to warrant a strong reaction.

Your argument was no one was hurt, therefore it wasn't a big deal....completely ignoring whether the act itself was dangerous, stupid, and potentially deadly.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

No one said that? He’s being punished according to the law that he broke, and the team will address the incident with him. What else do you want?

For people not to poo poo it like it was no big deal. It is a big deal and super dangerous. Likely as dangerous as driving drunk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Your argument was no one was hurt, therefore it wasn't a big deal....completely ignoring whether the act itself was dangerous, stupid, and potentially deadly.

yeah, i'll  buy that as the best statement given here on the subject.

20 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

For people not to poo poo it like it was no big deal. It is a big deal and super dangerous. Likely as dangerous as driving drunk.

How upset should I be?

it WAS super dangerous. That’s why he was punished for it. And will likely receive more punishment than anyone here would receive for the same act because he’s a high profile employee of an NFL team.

Please substantiate the claim that going 140 mph is as dangerous as driving under the influence. Ridiculous statement.

Everyone has said it was dumb and a bad decision. Should we all be angry about it until some appropriate time in the future? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Please substantiate the claim that going 140 mph is as dangerous as driving under the influence. Ridiculous statement.

How is that a ridiculous statement at all? It's quite accurate. They are both extremely dangerous and can cause harm to yourself or others. They both involve not having control of the vehicle. If he's going 140 he doesn't have control of the vehicle, sober or not, maybe unless he's a professional NASCAR driver. The downplaying of driving 140 MPH is absolutely insane. 

Edited by SkolMasterMN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

No. My argument was that he got a speeding ticket, and hopefully he learns a valuable lessen. That's it. No need to arrest him. No need to cut him. No need to create scenarios that didn't happen to feel a greater sense of outrage. 

No one ignored that what he did was reckless or stupid. Everyone acknowledged that. 

But at the end of the day, it was a speeding ticket. It's not a big deal.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

How is that a ridiculous statement at all? It's quite accurate. They are both extremely dangerous and can cause harm to yourself or others. They both involve not having control of the vehicle. If he's going 140 he doesn't have control of the vehicle, sober or not, maybe unless he's a professional NASCAR driver. The downplaying of driving 140 MPH is absolutely insane. 

I mean it’s just not true. it was dangerous. Getting behind the wheel under the influence is absolutely more dangerous.

statistics show that speeding and drunk driving cause the same number of injuries and fatalities annually, but total incidences of speeding are significantly greater than those of driving under the influence (not just those that are caught/punished).

I don’t think it’s being downplayed. How many different ways can someone say it was dumb and dangerous.

Is everyone as up in arms about other folks driving recklessly as they are about Jordan Addison? Or does he need special condemnation? Is the law not enough?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I mean it’s just not true. it was dangerous. Getting behind the wheel under the influence is absolutely more dangerous.

statistics show that speeding and drunk driving cause the same number of injuries and fatalities annually, but total incidences of speeding are significantly greater than those of driving under the influence (not just those that are caught/punished).

I don’t think it’s being downplayed. How many different ways can someone say it was dumb and dangerous.

Is everyone as up in arms about other folks driving recklessly as they are about Jordan Addison? Or does he need special condemnation? Is the law not enough?

You're using a study that compares drunk driving to speeding. 

Addison wasn't "speeding" he was driving a sports car 140 mph, 85 mph over the speed limit. Most people don't have access to cars that go 140 mph. I'm sure that's different than the speeding that your study is comparing driving under the influence. I'm not saying that going 140 mph is worse, but you are still operating a vehicle in a way you do not have control of, and in a way that can harm yourself or others. 

It is ridiculously dangerous. There is a reason it never happens. 

Everyone is up in arms about it because he is our first round draft pick who hasn't played a down here, and he's in the news for driving recklessly in a way. The story in some ways was similar to Ruggs in the sense he was a rookie WR driving a sports car in the middle 100s in the middle of the night. Addison is lucky he did not kill someone, because he easily could have driving that fast, and then he would have been in the same boat as Ruggs. 

I hope it was the wake up call he needed. He is extremely talented and could add a lot to the team. 

• Like 1

Posted this in the main forum but wanted to post it in here as well.

I dont agree with what he did at all because all the outcry is true he could of seriosuly hurt himself or someone else or even killed someone but all of these people speed every day to and from work, speeding is speeding at the end of the day, and i can pretty much guarantee you these cats have driven while above the legal BAC limit. Arguing about morales is always a little odd to me.

And again i dont condone what he did at all. But hes young and young people make bad decisions. What matters now is that he didnt hurt or kill anyone or himself and that he learns from his stupid mistake.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

It's not a "mistake" to go 140. That's quite intentional. Does anyone think this is the first time he's gone this fast or close to this fast? 

I have no idea if it was his first time, but I don’t think you drive 140 mph too many times without facing a consequence.

This kid is a clown just from watching his interviews and listening to how he talks and what he says.

In one interview he said how his coaches wife used to pack him lunch and what not. Calling it now just like I did LaQuon Treadwell; bust.

Too small and not fast enough. He’s acting out like a little child to get attention bc JJ is the real deal and Addison is not. 

Edited by KeithVikings28

Food for thought by Football Feuders:

Auto accidents happen for many reasons, a key one being the driver is unable to 'drive right'... which is an actual term on police reports of accidents or traffic violation tickets (I've seen a few in my earlier career work assignments).

A 'DUI' offense means the driver is unable to properly control their vehicle because of temporary cognitive impairment.  So, the risk of an accident increases .... proportionate to the strength of the 'I'.

A 'Speeding' offense means the driver is operating their vehicle at speeds which are unsafe for the road, the weather, the traffic, etc.  Posted speed limits are based on those factors.  For example, most East Coast city's roadways were originally  developed prior to the invention of autos; i.e. for foot or horse travel.  Therefore, auto speed limits are lower in such cities than highways outside city limits or in-city highways designed for such high speeds. 

US roadways for public use were not designed for travel above 70 mph, with rare exceptions.   Some people think they can control their autos at speeds significantly higher than the posted limits.  They are lucky if they avoid an accident.   Accidents occur when the speeder is unable to negotiate a curve, or control their car on wet pavement, or didn't anticipate an object on the road that doesn't belong there, or a pedestrian not expecting a speeding car to come along, or a red light, or a stopped, disabled vehicle, or another vehicle stopping/swerving/braking unexpectedly, or ....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, KeithVikings28 said:

He’s acting out like a little child to get attention bc .....

He wanted to be caught speeding just to get attention?!   Isn't there another, better, safer way for him to do so?  Couldn't he just hire a PR guy/gal?  If he paid you well to be a PR guy/gal, would you help him get attention?  You have the attention of readers here at Football Feuders.  But, well, not for a calm, sensible reaction to this news.

• Like 1