1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

Love the Addison pick. Think he will be a great #2 next to JJ for years to come.

Would love this pick even more if Porter Jr, Banks, Branch, and especially Levis werent on the board. But there are ways to go get 3 of the guys listed (though i think Porter Jr goes first pick in RD2 to Pitt, just makes too much sense). So, could end up being the best of both worlds. AZ sitting there at 33 would be a great trade partner. Hope we can make it happen and get Levis.

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Do you remember what was said about Jefferson? I think the Vikings should be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting wide receivers.

That he was a steal at pick 22  A no-brainer.   Some thought he was the best WR in a great WR class.  Was drafted by Spielman and Zimmer. 

Edited by Snake Plissken
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Do you remember what was said about Jefferson? I think the Vikings should be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to drafting wide receivers.

Why? Its a completely different group of guys making the decisions so the JJ pick shouldnt play a part, now if Nailor turns into a stud point taken but right now this group hasnt shown the ability to identify star players at any position granted that could easily change

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boda said:

Why? Its a completely different group of guys making the decisions so the JJ pick shouldnt play a part, now if Nailor turns into a stud point taken but right now this group hasnt shown the ability to identify star players at any position granted that could easily change

It hasn't been a year....

24 minutes ago, meixdaddy_10 said:

Love the Addison pick. Think he will be a great #2 next to JJ for years to come.

Would love this pick even more if Porter Jr, Banks, Branch, and especially Levis werent on the board. But there are ways to go get 3 of the guys listed (though i think Porter Jr goes first pick in RD2 to Pitt, just makes too much sense). So, could end up being the best of both worlds. AZ sitting there at 33 would be a great trade partner. Hope we can make it happen and get Levis.

I feel the same way. I always liked Addison’s game but I would rather have a shutdown press corner with rare athleticism like Deonte Banks. But, I’m not too mad about getting Addison. His route running, start and stop ability and quick feet remind me a lot of Diggs. Not the fastest guy, but constantly gets open with his short area acceleration. Hope he has a 1,000 yard rookie season. We need it because I don’t think our defense is going to be too good. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Boda said:

McCardell has had influence on the draft in the past, and has coached up players across multiple regimes. Justin Jefferson just had the best season in the league and was challenging multiple all time records.

This regime knows what it wants the passing game to look like and what is required to get there.

• Like 1

Just now, JDBrocks said:

McCardell has had influence on the draft in the past, and has coached up players across multiple regimes. Justin Jefferson just had the best season in the league and was challenging multiple all time records.

This regime knows what it wants the passing game to look like and what is required to get there.

Gonna need to re-up Kirk. Because no way they draft high enough to get a day one starter next year. This team is 100 percent of dependent on the passing offense at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

That he was a steal at pick 22  A no-brainer.   Some thought he was the best WR in a great WR class.  Was drafted by Spielman and Zimmer. 

“Slot only” “not game fast” “not athletic enough” “needs more attention to detail with his routes” “could be a good number 2”

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Gonna need to re-up Kirk. Because no way they draft high enough to get a day one starter next year. This team is 100 percent of dependent on the passing offense at this point. 

They could extend Kirk and trade up next year. They have plenty of cap space.