1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

He's averaged 50 yds a game since Cousins went down...you don't think that he can boost that up to 65 with JJ back? 

If Dobbs can hit his WR and read progressions. I’d think most of the targets will go to Jefferson and Hock. Maybe Osborn too as more of a safer underneath option.  

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Addison should get more favorable looks with Jefferson back.

Its too bad we can't really utilize him like we were with Cousins though. That's frustrating.

I'm excited to see what he looks like now as the#2 to Jefferson.  Hopefully Dobbs can get him the ball

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think Addison should get more favorable looks with Jefferson back.

Its too bad we can't really utilize him like we were with Cousins though. That's frustrating.

I'm more disappointed that Osborn didn't do much while Jefferson was out.  He had the opportunity to get himself a big paycheck next year, but likely now, he'll have to settle for a second-wave contract somewhere else during the offseason. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'm more disappointed that Osborn didn't do much while Jefferson was out.  He had the opportunity to get himself a big paycheck next year, but likely now, he'll have to settle for a second-wave contract somewhere else during the offseason. 

What has there been to do? The QB struggles to get the ball to wide receivers. And when he does, he puts it in spot that nearly gets them killed. 

Edited by SemperFeist

On 11/30/2023 at 10:23 AM, SemperFeist said:

Not likely with Jefferson taking the majority of his targets. 

NO! NO! NO!  J.J. SHOULDN"T be getting MOST of Dobbs' targets.  I don't want to see Dobbs trying to thread the needle on throws to J.J. when he's blanketed by 2 or 3 defenders.  He is just not accurate enough as a passer to get the ball in the right place in tough coverage.  That would lead to more interceptions, and a lot less completions. 

Much better to take advantage of the new situation's taking the blanket coverage off of Addison and Hockenson, and throwing to those two, plus to Powell...... which ever of them is most wide open.  Then, Dobbs' late, inaccurate throws will STILL be caught by his target receiver, because there'll be no defender close enough to get in his way, or snag the ball.  Dobbs' biggest passing successes (especially in the Atlanta and New Orleans games - but also in general) have been on plays when his targeted receivers were wide open.  And that will also free up J.J. for better opportunities especially for long gainers, because opposing teams would soon have have to adjust, taking one defender off him to help out vs.  our other receivers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

While Osborne didn't do much, Powell seemed to make the most of his opportunities. McCardell has done a really nice job coaching Powell up.

• Like 3