1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

On 7/16/2024 at 11:04 PM, BWG VIKE said:

The only way you fall asleep in a live lane or at a stop light is substance abuseThis is not true, while its been a couple year now because I try to 10min power nap in my car after work if I feel that way, I have fallen a sleep at too many red lights on my way home from working over nights, if I dose on the road generally the movement of the car wake me and I roll a window down, slap my face or something to try and stay awake. 

This absolutely needs to end with a suspension at minimum. Addison needs a wake up call, he is one or two away from ruining his career and going down the Blackmon/Gordon pathway.

I just don't get it, I uber after 2 beers because my career depends on my license. These kids have a free driver service at their disposal and still choose to drive drunk. The Henry Ruggs story should be enough to eliminate drunk driving by these athletes.

That being said I agree with the sentiment of the post and something needs to change to help kids learn their lesson before its too late.

• Like 1

I think the team, who likely has more knowledge than us, would pursue counseling rather than cutting a player for this type of behavior. 

A message needs to be sent to Addison. It just has to be the right message. 

• Like 1

I don't see the team disciplining him as there's not much precedent for a team dealing with this kind of situation independently of the league.

Depending on what other details emerge he'll likely get some kind of a late season 1-3 game suspension as determined by whatever independent arbitrator is assigned to handle the issue. Hopefully the team has some other kind of work they can do with him to screw his head on straight, but I don't think the NFLPA would look kindly on the Vikings handing out suspensions on their own.

All of that is completely independent of my feelings about the situation - I'm just using what has happened in the past around the league.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

It's not on anyone but him. No one forced him to be a knucklehead. No one.

and why rent a Rolls-Royce...? i know that's nearly meaningless relative to the bigger mistakes he made, but still, why do that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and why rent a Rolls-Royce...? i know that's nearly meaningless relative to the bigger mistakes he made, but still, why do that?

I'm guessing he's not fully mature at this point (I mean, he's 23)......but someone needs to talk to him, a lot. Often.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and why rent a Rolls-Royce...? 

a funny and TRUE story about driving a Rolls-Royce...

my father was on a sabbatical in England once (years ago) and wanted to take a drive in the countryside. in trying to rent a car, all they had to offer was a Rolls, so why the heck not...

he gets into the boonies and the Rolls breaks down and won't start. he calls the rental agency and they assure him they'll take care of it. sure enough another car is driven out to him along with a specialized cube truck to tow the Rolls away. hidden from view.

and that's the whole point - the Rolls company (at least at that time) mandated that none of their cars can ever be seen on a tow truck.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

a funny and TRUE story about driving a Rolls-Royce...

my father was on a sabbatical in England once (years ago) and wanted to take a drive in the countryside. in trying to rent a car, all they had to offer was a Rolls, so why the heck not...

he gets into the boonies and the Rolls breaks down and won't start. he calls the rental agency and they assure him they'll take care of it. sure enough another car is driven out to him along with a specialized cube truck to tow the Rolls away. hidden from view.

and that's the whole point - the Rolls company (at least at that time) mandated that none of their cars can ever be seen on a tow truck.

How is your dad driving a Rolls-Royce when the automobile was invented until you were in your mid-30's?

Unless the horse was named Rolls....ahhh that make sense!

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 4

While I appreciate Mettelus wanting to be a better leader to the young man, he shouldn't accept any responsibility for Addiso 's bad choices.  One thing that really disappoints me is the deafening silence from Addison and those managing him.  The silence only strengthens the perception that he doesn't accept responsibility for his choices.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Captain Relax said:

While I appreciate Mettelus wanting to be a better leader to the young man, he shouldn't accept any responsibility for Addiso 's bad choices.  One thing that really disappoints me is the deafening silence from Addison and those managing him.  The silence only strengthens the perception that he doesn't accept responsibility for his choices.

Agreed

On 7/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, vike daddy said:

just when you  thought the yutes might be growing up, they show their true punkitude....

Started here when I was 18 in my senior year of high school.

I'm 35.

Can't imagine how you feel. Your first 5,000 posts here were on cave walls.

• Like 4

On 7/19/2024 at 4:23 PM, Captain Relax said:

What is to be gained by talking?