2023 NFL Draft Day Two Thread (**NO SPOILERS**)

CBears019

50 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Anybody slightly intrigued by all the quality tight ends left? I know we have Kmet but more weapons wouldn't be a bad thing. 

Although I'd like for them to pick a center in the next couple of rounds. 

I think there are a lot of TE that are going to go later that could start and be contributors. I LOVE Darnell Washington, blocks for sure but I think he's hilarious with the ball in his hands.  LaPorta would be fun too in a different way.  Mayer is obviously excellent but even if he falls to our first 2nd pick (you know what I mean) I'd rather go a whole bunch of other positions before him.  Maybe any of these guys with our third?

3 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Mayer is obviously excellent but even if he falls to our first 2nd pick (you know what I mean) I'd rather go a whole bunch of other positions before him

Not me. Mayer is a rock solid player that is your guy at TE for the next 12 years. That’s fully worth it to me 

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Not me. Mayer is a rock solid player that is your guy at TE for the next 12 years. That’s fully worth it to me 

Well, I get it, but if I'm pulling the triggers I just would value other positions more and comfort myself with decent chance of getting other good TE later.  I wouldn't be upset and would understand the pick. 

I know this may bring up some harsh feelings, but please leave Chase Claypool alone; If we still had pick #32, who would you be grabbing to start the evening?

Id be very torn between Mayer/Porter/White/Schmitz, but I think ultimately Id have to Take Mayer. Hes a Top 20 talent to me, and while he doesnt have the Kincaid upside (Kelce) he still could be a Pro-Bowl level player for a good chunk of his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

I wouldn’t hate it, but i feel like tonight they should be mashing the OL and DL buttons.

Or a corner if the value is right. Porter Jr., Turner, Smith, Brents or Ringo would all be really solid adds IMO (in that order for me). 

43 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I know this may bring up some harsh feelings, but please leave Chase Claypool alone; If we still had pick #32, who would you be grabbing to start the evening?

Id be very torn between Mayer/Porter/White/Schmitz, but I think ultimately Id have to Take Mayer. Hes a Top 20 talent to me, and while he doesnt have the Kincaid upside (Kelce) he still could be a Pro-Bowl level player for a good chunk of his career. 

He’ll be the best ND tight end ever. And I’m not being a Homer, I’m pretty critical of ND TE’s at the next level, even our guy Kmet. 

if we had 32 still, I’m taking Porter and never looking back

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Or a corner if the value is right. Porter Jr., Turner, Smith, Brents or Ringo would all be really solid adds IMO (in that order for me). 

If Porter is still available after the first 3-5 picks in this round, I’ll sit in the corner with a dunce hat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If you could trade Claypool for any receiver still available in the draft, who would you take?

if you say Hyatt you’re dead to me fyi

Excluding the contract control? Absolutely not. There may have not been 3 WRs I’d have take period over him in this draft 

11 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

If you could trade Claypool for any receiver still available in the draft, who would you take?

if you say Hyatt you’re dead to me fyi

I’m a big fan of Cedric Tillman personally, and skill set wise he’s somewhat similar to Claypool. Outside of JSN I don’t really love any of the WR prospects in this draft. Lots of 2s and 3s IMO which is what I expect Claypool will be this year too.