2023 NFL Draft: Day 2 Discussion

gopherwrestler

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I actually like Hooker in Detroit, especially in the 3rd. Gotta hope Ben Johnson sticks around.

I think it's kind of odd, considering he's 25 and it doesn't really appear they have any intention of moving on from Goff anytime soon. 

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

They could cut him and save 26M next year.

They could, but he's running that offense pretty well and is only 28 yrs old himself.  And they already have $80M in cap space for next year...they wouldn't really need to do that.

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

They could, but he's running that offense pretty well and is only 28 yrs old himself.  And they already have $80M in cap space for next year...they wouldn't really need to do that.

They have the option to do it though, I think that's the point. If Hooker comes in and really learns the offense and is healthy, that's a pretty easy decision to make - try to trade Goff or cut him and use the money to keep building. If not keep grooming him as a back up, he only cost them a 3rd round pick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Can’t imagine he goes this early. I like him, just a bit closer to a day 3 guy to me. 

love Overshown & I agree he's probably closer to 120 than 87 i just wouldnt be mad as I dont want to miss him