Draft Discussion Day 2

Sllim Pickens

There was all this talk that they liked him.  But I feel like we are getting mid level talent.  If we end up with one of the OL players I like I can live with this as it would be like flipping the picks but right now not a fan of this draft.  This draft is feeling like all of our GMs third drafts where they sort of just go off script.  

I don't know that he's on Mayer's level, but seeing Campbell's face it was definitely his guy. We're getting starters with every pick but they're all weird and not where I expect them. It feels like every guy we've taken would have been available at our next pick. This is weird.

Thing is, looking back at Holmes drafts in Detroit, he hasn't really missed many picks. He certainly hasn't missed 3 in a row yet.

Just now, detfan782004 said:

Not if that was the best TE left. Doesn't really reflect that as much as they wanted the next best TE

Don't normally agree with detfan, but I agree with detfan. 

The trade up felt more like "oh crap, there's only one TE left we like".

2 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I don't know that he's on Mayer's level, but seeing Campbell's face it was definitely his guy. We're getting starters with every pick but they're all weird and not where I expect them. It feels like every guy we've taken would have been available at our next pick. This is weird.

Thing is, looking back at Holmes drafts in Detroit, he hasn't really missed many picks. He certainly hasn't missed 3 in a row yet.

This! They have turned the roster around so they have football IQ. Results on field are showing.

Fans have 1/2% of knowledge and info of teams 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

What aspect of LaPorta's game is better than Mayer's?  His Yac maybe?  I know he's faster but I hope we didn't over think this

Not just Faster, he's better athletically in every measurable....is he the better player? I have no idea, didn't really watch either of them. 

3 minutes ago, detfan782004 said:

This! They have turned the roster around so they have football IQ. Results on field are showing.

Fans have 1/2% of knowledge and info of teams 

I hate when people say this.  I don't believe that is true.  Think about the last 20 years.  Yes fans get some wrong but how often are then right and our front office has been wrong?  I think Holmes has picked players fans have wanted and liked so it's not like he was picking all these players no one knew who they were.