2.50 - Jayden Reed [WR; Michigan State]

CWood21

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I get that comparison, cuz he's smaller with speed, but no.  Hill is in a league of his own.

I see more of a Stefon Diggs player.  We are just using him differently.  

There is some comparison there, I think Reed might be a bit more rugged than Diggs but both have that dog mentality.  Diggs has elite hands, though. Not many are playing right now who are better at tracking and catching it, if Reed gets even close to that level of ability to catch it we’ll be talking about a special player. 

Edited by Refugee

33 minutes ago, Refugee said:

There is some comparison there, I think Reed might be a bit more rugged than Diggs but both have that dog mentality.  Diggs has elite hands, though. Not many are playing right now who are better at tracking and catching it, if Reed gets even close to that level of ability to catch it we’ll be talking about a special player. 

I feel like Reed is just used differently.  But you are right, Diggs is better at most everything that Reed.  Route running ,defensive recognition, tracking, catching....etc.

But...Diggs is also one of the best in the league right now and has been for a few years.

I feel like Reed has flashed some of those Diggs skills, though and his physical stature is similar.  But Diggs is an alpha receiver, a true #1.  Reed is just a rook.

Time will tell, but I'm optimistic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I get that comparison, cuz he's smaller with speed, but no.  Hill is in a league of his own.

I see more of a Stefon Diggs player.  We are just using him differently.  

You're thinking of prime Hill because that's who you've seen in the last 3 months.

Now go look at rookie Hill and see how he compares to rookie Reed.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

You're thinking of prime Hill because that's who you've seen in the last 3 months.

Now go look at rookie Hill and see how he compares to rookie Reed.

Okay, challenge accepted.

I guess if I take away the deep bombs, and the screens that turn into long gains, and the 500 punt return yards and 380 kick return yards, and 3 kick/punt return TD's, and the crazy amount of space he can eat up in a few steps, then yeah, Reed is very similar to Hill.

Hill was and is in a different class as an athlete.  Few can be in that class.

I stand by the Diggs comp.  But, if we want to call Reed, a poor man's Hill or Hill-lite, I'm down with that.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I guess if I take away the deep bombs, and the screens that turn into long gains, and the 500 punt return yards and 380 kick return yards, and 3 kick/punt return TD's, and the crazy amount of space he can eat up in a few steps, then yeah, Reed is very similar to Hill.

I stand by the Diggs comp.  But, if we want to call Reed, a poor man's Hill or Hill-lite, I'm down with that.

what would you do when you realize that (at least a couple weeks ago) rookie Jayden Reed was second in the NFL in 30+ yd receptions only to prime, veteran Tyreek Hill?

It's ok you don't see it yet.

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

There appears to be one trait of Hill that I hope Reed doesnt emulate: creating kids with a wide range of women.

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

what would you do when you realize that (at least a couple weeks ago) rookie Jayden Reed was second in the NFL in 30+ yd receptions only to prime, veteran Tyreek Hill?

It's ok you don't see it yet.

I'd say that if you put on the tape, not all 30+ yd receptions are the same.

Reed simply does not possess the quickness, agility or speed that rookie Hill had.  And it is obvious on tape.  And that is what is being talked about here.  Who does Reed resemble.  You say Hill, I can kind of see that.  Rookie Hill was used in a very similar way that we use Reed as a rookie.

The difference is in the athlete.  And few are in the Hill class.

That isn't an indictment against Reed at all.  Hill is very rare.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Yes.  I often worry about the financial well being of players like Tyreek Hill.

I dont worry about it....but I think he's impregnated 3-4 women now......and those bills add up and stretch over a period of time longer than he'll be playing football. He might want to cap it off. 

45 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont worry about it....but I think he's impregnated 3-4 women now......and those bills add up and stretch over a period of time longer than he'll be playing football. He might want to cap it off. 

I lose a lot of sleep worrying about the financial futures of NFL players.  It is really one of those important issues in society that we need to start addressing.  

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'd say that if you put on the tape, not all 30+ yd receptions are the same.

Reed simply does not possess the quickness, agility or speed that rookie Hill had.  And it is obvious on tape.  And that is what is being talked about here.  Who does Reed resemble.  You say Hill, I can kind of see that.  Rookie Hill was used in a very similar way that we use Reed as a rookie.

The difference is in the athlete.  And few are in the Hill class.

That isn't an indictment against Reed at all.  Hill is very rare.

Reed is more Hill than other, less athletic guys. He moves more like him. His RAS is not indicative of his on-field movement ability. It's pretty obvious when you watch them, Reed has elite movement skills - even if they are a half-tier below Hill, they're closer to him than the guys below them.