2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

And what has Ezekial Ansah and Jadaveon Clowney exactly help their respective teams do lately?  Neither team have won a Super Bowl with those highly valued pass rushers...

QB, LT, RT, 2 pass rushers, 2 corners.

That's where you win in the NFL.

Just now, G08 said:

Thinking that guards win you games is about as football stupid as it gets -- I'm sorry.

Read Dan Pompei's latest piece, he'll break it down.

I do not think that any one position can win you games outside of QB.

I do think that running the ball at will and protecting your QB is an exceptional framework for winning football games.

Just now, G08 said:

QB, LT, RT, 2 pass rushers, 2 corners.

That's where you win in the NFL.

Give me an elite OG over an elite RT.

The thought that OT has significantly more value than OG has come from an outdated approach. With the number of talented interior rushers that the NFL has you simply cannot rely on holding up on the edges.

It is far easier to help an OT in pass pro.

8 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

Meh. He’s such a big projection. I’ve ragged on Landry and Edmunds but I’d take both of those guys 10 out of 10 times over Davenport.

Hes really not that much of a projection overall.  He is a really, really, really good lber all ready.  He is tremendous in setting the edge.  He is really strong in stacking and shedding his blocker.  He has shown a pretty good ability when dropping into coverage.  He IS a projection when it comes to rushing the passer, bc he isnt refined, and just used violence to beat his opponents. Make no mistake he isnt just some raw kid you dont know what you are getting.  He is a darn good football player already, but you are certainly betting that you can teach him how to use all his natural giftz to the qb.  

I would not an an issue with Davenport at 8, but it is a risk and it could end up going poorly for the Bears. I would be worried about the amount of risk that the Bears are assuming when in my opinion they are high enough not to have to take on that risk.

3 of the 4 starting G's in the Super Bowl were picked in round 3. The other was picked in round 4.

The Eagles 2 best pass rushers were drafted in round 1. The Patriots 2 best pass rushers were drafted in round 2 and 4 (man, NE really had some **** pass rushers; their 2 sack leaders were Van Noy and Flowers)

Edited by beardown3231

10 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

3 of the 4 starting G's in the Super Bowl were picked in round 3. The other was picked in round 4.

The Eagles 2 best pass rushers were drafted in round 1. The Patriots 2 best pass rushers were drafted in round 2 and 4 (man, NE really had some **** pass rushers; their 2 sack leaders were Van Noy and Flowers)

Save your breath man. Look at this list of highest paid OGs and where they were drafted and you'll find people that will discredit it -- no point.

Highest Paid Guards And When They Were Drafted:

Norwell - UDFA
Zeitler - 27th
Osemele - 60th
Turner - 92nd
Jackson - 81st
Long - 20th
DeCastro - 24th
Lang - 109th
Pugh - 19th
Leary - UDFA
Bitonio - 35th
Warford - 65th
Duvernay-Tardif - 200th
Brooks - 76th
Iupati - 17th
Yanda - 86th
Levitre - 51st
Winters - 72nd
Allen - 44th
Fulton - 193rd

4 first round picks and all were after pick #17.

Edited by G08

8 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Again looking at one team does not really allow you to make a sweeping statement about a position.

The position has varying value depending on the team and what they want to do.

I agree that really good pass rushers need to be picked early in the draft. I would pick Chubb over Nelson every single time, but we are not going to have a shot at Chubb.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Save your breath man. Look at this list of highest paid OGs and where they were drafted and you'll find people that will discredit it -- no point.

Highest Paid Guards And When They Were Drafted:

Norwell - UDFA
Zeitler - 27th
Osemele - 60th
Turner - 92nd
Jackson - 81st
Long - 20th
DeCastro - 24th
Lang - 109th
Pugh - 19th
Leary - UDFA
Bitonio - 35th
Warford - 65th
Duvernay-Tardif - 200th
Brooks - 76th
Iupati - 17th
Yanda - 86th
Levitre - 51st
Winters - 72nd
Allen - 44th
Fulton - 193rd

4 first round picks and all were after pick #17.

No one is arguing that you should take a comparable OG over a comparable pass rusher.

I think Nelson simply has a higher grade than any pass rusher we might get our hands on. Enough so that it would trump concerns about positional versatility.

Edited by WindyCity

Consequently, the 10 highest paid 3-4 OLB's:

Von Miller- round 1
Justin Houston- round 3
Chandler Jones- round 1
Melvin Ingram- round 1
Clay Matthews- round 1
Nick Perry- round 1
Ryan Kerrigan- round 1
Jabaal Sheard- round 2
Brian Orakpo- round 1
Jadaveon Clowney- round 1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Again looking at one team does not really allow you to make a sweeping statement about a position.

The position has varying value depending on the team and what they want to do.

I agree that really good pass rushers need to be picked early in the draft. I would pick Chubb over Nelson every single time, but we are not going to have a shot at Chubb.

Windy, im going to be honest with you, im not sure Chubb is a BETTER prospect than Davenport, and im certain he doesnt have near the ceiling.  He is a SAFER prospect.  But there are no Myles Garretts, Von Millers, Kalil Macks in this draft.  

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Von Miller- round 1
Justin Houston- round 3
Chandler Jones- round 1
Melvin Ingram- round 1
Clay Matthews- round 1
Nick Perry- round 1
Ryan Kerrigan- round 1
Jabaal Sheard- round 2
Brian Orakpo- round 1

THANK YOU! Jesus I felt like I was taking crazy pills here.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Von Miller- round 1
Justin Houston- round 3
Chandler Jones- round 1
Melvin Ingram- round 1
Clay Matthews- round 1
Nick Perry- round 1
Ryan Kerrigan- round 1
Jabaal Sheard- round 2
Brian Orakpo- round 1

Pass rushers are more important than OGs.

We should definitely take Bradley Chubb over Quenton Nelson.