2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

7 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

So they will be pass rush deficient no matter what happens.

No, that's not what I meant.  

Just setting the bar and realistic expectations for a rookie. No one should be expecting 10+ sacks from any edge rusher in this class for their rookie season.

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You are assuming that Davenport would come in and get 8-10 sacks as a rookie to off set what they lost?

That seems unrealistic.

No - I'd assume that a combo of Lynch, RRH, Rookie, Goldman, Bullard will make up for the 10 sacks we lost when McPhee/Houston/Unrein went elsewhere.

The Bears were 7th in the league in sacks last year and it wasn't because they had one dominant pass rusher (or two or three). Hicks was awesome, but the Bears pass rush came from all over the field.  I think that existing young players getting better (Goldman, Bullard, RRH, Floyd) and a rookie (Landry/Davenport) will more than make up for the production of the veterans we lost.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Just setting the bar and realistic expectations for a rookie. No one should be expecting 10+ sacks from any edge rusher in this class for their rookie season.

I am on the same page as you. I think the pass rush will only get marginally better through the draft, unless we make a move for Chubb.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

*Trade: Bears trade 1[8] and 2[39] [1910] to the Denver Broncos for 1[5] and 3[71] [1935]. Broncos get more early ammunition and can still get one of the elite defenders in the secondary.

1[5] DE Bradley Chubb [NC State]

3[71] OG

4. WR

4. ILB

5. DE

6. S

7. RB/WR

My immediate reaction?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Because i was curious - 

There have been 6 rookies in the last 10 years to come in to the NFL and have a double digit sack rookie season - C Matthews, B Orakpo, Suh, V Miller, A Smith, J Bosa

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

*Trade: Bears trade 1[8] and 2[39] [1910] to the Denver Broncos for 1[5] and 3[71] [1935]. Broncos get more early ammunition and can still get one of the elite defenders in the secondary.

1[5] DE Bradley Chubb [NC State]

I'd probably rather sit at 8 and grab a guy like Landry or Davenport and then use our 2nd round pick to select the best DB/WR available.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Mister we must add pass rush?

Volume doesn't matter, quality does. Chubb is significantly better than Davenport.

It all ties together man... I love round 2, it's my favorite round in the draft every single year. I don't want to give that up to move up 3 picks to take Chubb. Some scouts/decision makers think Davenport has a higher ceiling.

I'm with @Mudderfudder77 ; I'd rather stick at #8 and take Davenport or Landry (if I am hell-bent on a pass rusher) and then use round 2 to see what talent has fallen in my lap.

1 minute ago, Mudderfudder77 said:

I'd probably rather sit at 8 and grab a guy like Landry or Davenport and then use our 2nd round pick to select the best DB/WR available.

Give me the better top end talent and downgrade the secondary talent.

Chubb is going to be awesome. Davenport we may be bitching about by the end of next year.

Just now, Nads786 said:

I would like to stay at 8. We are all just assuming Bradley is going to be elite where does he stack in other drafts?

If the first 7 picks go (in whatever order):

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Chubb

Barkley

Nelson

How do we not trade down? I mean we are staring at Smith, Edmunds, Ward, Fitzpatrick, James, Davenport, Landry

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

If the first 7 picks go (in whatever order):

Mayfield

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Chubb

Barkley

Nelson

How do we not trade down? I mean we are staring at Smith, Edmunds, Ward, Fitzpatrick, James, Davenport, Landry

The argument would be better to have your choice of those guys, rather than pick through what is left.

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Give me the better top end talent and downgrade the secondary talent.

Chubb is going to be awesome. Davenport we may be bitching about by the end of next year.

I like Davenport but I agree with the idea that he will probably take more time to bloom into an every down NFL pass rusher vs Chubb who is as NFL ready as you can be right now.

I think Davenport has a higher ceiling but Chubb is the better player as of right now.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

The argument would be better to have your choice of those guys, rather than pick through what is left.

Of course, but what if they are similarly ranked? Or do you go by need?

That insight to the Bears' draftroom was interesting to me because Sadowski said we rank our players by position. By position? That means there certainly is a semblance of 'need' that comes into taking the drafting of a player.