Raider UDFA Tracker

RaidersAreOne

The #Raiders have added 7 UDFAs — Chattanooga OL McClendon Curtis, Arkansas OT Dalton Wagner, Boise State edge George Tarlas, Oklahoma State edge Brock Martin, NC State LB Drake Thomas, UCLA CB Azizi Hearn and Oregon State S Jaydon Grant — filling 89-of-90 roster spots.

Two OL, and the rest, defense.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, massraider said:

The #Raiders have added 7 UDFAs — Chattanooga OL McClendon Curtis, Arkansas OT Dalton Wagner, Boise State edge George Tarlas, Oklahoma State edge Brock Martin, NC State LB Drake Thomas, UCLA CB Azizi Hearn and Oregon State S Jaydon Grant — filling 89-of-90 roster spots.

Two OL, and the rest, defense.

anyone you like?

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone you like?

I know that McClendon Curtis was the top IOL that Zierlein had rated in day 3.  That's nice to hear.  

Aziz Hearn seemed like the Raiders top UDFA priority, he looks like a CB that will move to S. 

I'm gonna go through Brugler's guide now.  

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

anyone you like?

Curtis is really the only name I recognize. I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't make the roster. I imagine he's probably a bit raw, but the potential is clearly there. 

The Ark OT....I dig it. He's massive. PS at least if he's any good. 

Jaydon Grant, the OrSt. S seems like a good guy to have around. Older for a rookie, but he was apparently a steady contributer for the Beavers and a team captain. Say what one may, but Johnathan Smith runs a tight ship in Corvallis and I don't think you can go wrong with a key player from there as a camp competitor. 

Hearn, from UCLA intrigues me. He's got good size. Transferred from Arizona to Wyoming then to UCLA after 3 years in Laramie. Hard to gauge given that Wyoming just isn't very good and he only has 1 year at a good program. But it was a pretty good year. Seems like he could be a potential sleeper. 

Brock Martin got 9 sacks in 2021. So maybe he's got some juice and had an off year. 

Drake Thomas has some good size and was a tackling machine for NCSt. A ton of tfls too. 

George Tarlas is really the only one I can't find much on. 

Not many "names" outside of Curtis, but credit where credit is due, this looks like a solid UDFA crop. I really like that Grant, Martin, and Thomas were major contributors and that Hearn made a jump in competition and didn't fall flat. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Curtis is really the only name I recognize. I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't make the roster. I imagine he's probably a bit raw, but the potential is clearly there. 

The Ark OT....I dig it. He's massive. PS at least if he's any good. 

Jaydon Grant, the OrSt. S seems like a good guy to have around. Older for a rookie, but he was apparently a steady contributer for the Beavers and a team captain. Say what one may, but Johnathan Smith runs a tight ship in Corvallis and I don't think you can go wrong with a key player from there as a camp competitor. 

Hearn, from UCLA intrigues me. He's got good size. Transferred from Arizona to Wyoming then to UCLA after 3 years in Laramie. Hard to gauge given that Wyoming just isn't very good and he only has 1 year at a good program. But it was a pretty good year. Seems like he could be a potential sleeper. 

Brock Martin got 9 sacks in 2021. So maybe he's got some juice and had an off year. 

Drake Thomas has some good size and was a tackling machine for NCSt. A ton of tfls too. 

George Tarlas is really the only one I can't find much on. 

Not many "names" outside of Curtis, but credit where credit is due, this looks like a solid UDFA crop. I really like that Grant and Thomas were major contributors and that Hearn made a jump in competition and didn't fall flat. 

good breakdown. we added two more guys. I think we have 91 guys at the moment. We signed a big TE from Auburn. Almost went pro last year, but good size and blocking ability.