> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

32 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I actually don't even think we need a corner that bad unless its a slot corner. 

I mean if we go out and make a splash for Jaylon or Sneed then yeah. Or trade for somebody. But this team needs a starter who isn't on the roster right now opposite Slay, who himself will be gone possibly after this year. We need young pedigreed guys. Not guys who slid, guys who got cut, etc. You need to pay the piper for corners if you want one. Whether that be via high draft pick or in FA/ trade. I don't like trying to cheat the corner position. Save that for RB, LB etc.

51 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

based on slay, rogers, ricks and ringo being here next year?

If the Eagles look at the corner position in this way, we're in huge trouble. The only starter there is Slay and he's declining and needs replaced likely in 2025-26. Ringo showed promise, but that was an extremely small sample size, so he's essentially an unknown and needs development. Ricks showed ups and downs and was an UDFA, so I'm not looking at him as anything really at all besides a developmental guy. Rodgers played well in the past and is young, but hasn't played in a year, so he's basically an unknown/depth for now.

18 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If the Eagles look at the corner position in this way, we're in huge trouble. The only starter there is Slay and he's declining and needs replaced likely in 2025-26. Ringo showed promise, but that was an extremely small sample size, so he's essentially an unknown and needs development. Ricks showed ups and downs and was an UDFA, so I'm not looking at him as anything really at all besides a developmental guy. Rodgers played well in the past and is young, but hasn't played in a year, so he's basically an unknown/depth for now.

The eagles were abused in the middle of the field last year and by JBJ being a ghost of himself. Slay, Ringo and Ricks all played well. Add in a vet with a little experience in Rodgers and I think you have 4 roster able corners already. Jobe, and Mcpherson are good special team depth guys. 

If the eagles go out and get a big name CB. Great. Then the outside will be fine. 

If the eagles spend a first round pick on a corner so he can watch Slay and Rodgers/Ringo play that would be a complete waste. Now if you say hey draft Cooper Dejean I'd be ok with that because he can play any spot in the secondary. He can play slot or safety two things the eagles really need badly.

I personally think the eagles woes from the end of last year are from the scheme communication not existing, the pass rush vanishing, JBJ being washed and the middle of the defense having no players worth a damn. Upgrade safety and linebacker. Upgrade slot corner.

That is what makes this defense not suck next year. Outside corner is a need but it comes after LB/S

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The eagles were abused in the middle of the field last year and by JBJ being a ghost of himself. Slay, Ringo and Ricks all played well. Add in a vet with a little experience in Rodgers and I think you have 4 roster able corners already. Jobe, and Mcpherson are good special team depth guys. 

If the eagles go out and get a big name CB. Great. Then the outside will be fine. 

If the eagles spend a first round pick on a corner so he can watch Slay and Rodgers/Ringo play that would be a complete waste. Now if you say hey draft Cooper Dejean I'd be ok with that because he can play any spot in the secondary. He can play slot or safety two things the eagles really need badly.

I personally think the eagles woes from the end of last year are from the scheme communication not existing, the pass rush vanishing, JBJ being washed and the middle of the defense having no players worth a damn. Upgrade safety and linebacker. Upgrade slot corner.

That is what makes this defense not suck next year. Outside corner is a need but it comes after LB/S

I actually can see this. I think the eagles should consider WR in round 1 as well if the value is there. But overall I think a cooper dejean is exactly what we need. Physical, extremely athletic and versatile. 

Regardless I hope the eagles draft someone that actually plays. Year 1 of Trent mcduffie set up year 2. I like the idea of a nickel, 3rd safety, LB guy in cooper dejean. Guy who kinda inhabits 3 roles and you put him out there immediately replacing avonte Maddox 

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I just don't see how you can throw Ringo, Ricks and Rodgers in a pot and assume that'll yield a viable CB2. And I'm not saying ignore LB and SAF at all. Both spots need at least 1 new starter. Blankenship is a starter, but should be the worse of your two safeties, and arguably should be a SAF3. Brown could/should be a starter at some point this season, but I'm still coming out of free agency with a young talented safety on a multi year deal. LB is more of a mess. Dean can compete to start and I'm not against bringing Cunningham back. But that position should be attacked with both a notable addition in free agency as well as a day 2 or early day 3 pick.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I just don't see how you can throw Ringo, Ricks and Rodgers in a pot and assume that'll yield a viable CB2. And I'm not saying ignore LB and SAF at all. Both spots need at least 1 new starter. Blankenship is a starter, but should be the worse of your two safeties, and arguably should be a SAF3. Brown could/should be a starter at some point this season, but I'm still coming out of free agency with a young talented safety on a multi year deal. LB is more of a mess. Dean can compete to start and I'm not against bringing Cunningham back. But that position should be attacked with both a notable addition in free agency as well as a day 2 or early day 3 pick.

Ricks, Ringo and Rodgers have all had good moments in NFL games. The eagles hired Christian Parker one of the best DB coaches in the NFL. Why can't he make one of them a viable CB2? Isn't that why he was hired.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I’m personally more confident in ringo/ricks/rodgers than nakobe dean. I think reed Blankenship could be a standout 3rd safety. As a starter he’s a low ceiling guy imo. I think the cupboard is honestly completely bare at LB. Cunningham is a bandaid who needs to be ripped off. He was fine when there was nothing there. But now we can fix it and we should. Nakobe is going to get a crack but said crack needs to be with cooper or trotter up his behind to replace him if he doesn’t come through and a veteran solid guy like azeez al-shaair to man the other spot in that scenario.

eagles lack athleticism almost everywhere except DL. The packers are a perfect example of how a poorly coached defense of athletes is better than a poorly coached defense of old stop gaps

Now we have a good coach. I’d like to give him some guys who can close on the football fast

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I feel like realistically and ideally, I'd be very happy with Quinyon, DeJean or Wiggins. To a lesser extent but still happy with Kool-Aid, Rakestraw, maybe after a small trade down. And unrealistically Terrion would be sweet. Basically I just want a corner lol.

I don't see Quinyon being there. He's trajecting upwards

1 hour ago, Last Stand said:

I’m personally more confident in ringo/ricks/rodgers than nakobe dean. I think reed Blankenship could be a standout 3rd safety. As a starter he’s a low ceiling guy imo. I think the cupboard is honestly completely bare at LB. Cunningham is a bandaid who needs to be ripped off. He was fine when there was nothing there. But now we can fix it and we should. Nakobe is going to get a crack but said crack needs to be with cooper or trotter up his behind to replace him if he doesn’t come through and a veteran solid guy like azeez al-shaair to man the other spot in that scenario.

eagles lack athleticism almost everywhere except DL. The packers are a perfect example of how a poorly coached defense of athletes is better than a poorly coached defense of old stop gaps

Now we have a good coach. I’d like to give him some guys who can close on the football fast

By no means am I condoning Cunningham being back as a starter. He can be brought back as depth though if he's willing. Ideally Reed is a high quality SAF3 or a solid SAF2. I think both LB and SAF need to be attacked with a good FA each and a day 2 or early day 3 pick each.

3 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Unfortunately agreed. I think Kool Aid will definitely be there. Dejean is a coin flip. Arnold won't. Wiggins most likely won't.

Wiggins is the one I'm hoping for right now. DeJean seems like a good DB, but I'm not sure where I think he best fits. Kool-Aid is the one I'd settle for.