> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, babyatemydingo said:

This where they take Powers-Johnson at 22.
That will give them three guys along with Dickerson and Jurgens who can play center or guard.
A developmental tackle will be taken in the 5th or they roll with another Johnson (Fred or Roderick).

He'll be gone by 22. I think he goes around pick 15.

Obviously need to see FA play out, but I think we draft a CB or EDGE in the 1st. The worst defense in the league over the final 3rd of the season. We got bigger fish to fry than OL.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I know it's been reported that we liked 1st round corners before and planned to take certain guys if they were there. So hopefully that happens this year, especially with the Fangio influence.

I think fangio will have an influence but it’s more likely with LBs and DL. I think corner is a weaker importance with fangio. Safeties supposedly matter most. They’re the stars of the defense 

Edited by Last Stand

21 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If the guy you draft is sitting any more than a year I think it's bad process. What he becomes is not part of this conversation. Especially for this team with this super bowl window specifically. Even a guy sitting for a year would bother me. This team needs starters NOW at critical positions to help win a super bowl NOW.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but you can’t draft for immediate impact. That’s how you end up with Reagor. I think the draft should always be BPA. It’s the surest way to keep blue chip guys coming in. 

also fangio famously doesn’t use young guys which is where who the eagles sign in free agency will matter this year more than ever. 

im in the camp of best guy. WR, TE, OL, DE, S, LB, CB doesn’t matter to me

the only thing id be sketch on is interior DL.

the eagles would be wise to be aggressive though. This is a draft you’ll likely want to trade up for a blue chip guy vs stand pat at 22. Or to trade out for a 2nd and 2025 1st from a team at the top of the 2nd.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

He'll be gone by 22. I think he goes around pick 15.

Obviously need to see FA play out, but I think we draft a CB or EDGE in the 1st. The worst defense in the league over the final 3rd of the season. We got bigger fish to fry than OL.

I don't doubt that he's gone at 22.
However, some teams may opt to take a tackle at guard with the hopes of moving him outside in the future as there are a lot of candidates for that this year and it is a value proposition.  (Fuaga, Morgan, Fautanu, Barton, etc.)
I don't see Powers-Johnson on the outside ever.
That being said, he could go at 10 as well.

4 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I don't doubt that he's gone at 22.
However, some teams may opt to take a tackle at guard with the hopes of moving him outside in the future as there are a lot of candidates for that this year and it is a value proposition.  (Fuaga, Morgan, Fautanu, Barton, etc.)
I don't see Powers-Johnson on the outside ever.
That being said, he could go at 10 as well.

I don't think he'll go 10th, but I also don't think he gets past the Jags at 17. Doug is gonna love him.

Which Georgia Bulldogs(s) do we take?

Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint in round 3?
Lassiter or Mims at 22?
Bullard in the 2nd?
Tykee Smith in the 5th?
All of the above?

Edited by Jeezla

Updated Want List

RB Lloyd (2/3) Corum (2/3) Guerendo (4) Gore jr (4/5) Laube (4/5)
WR Franklin (2) Corley (3) R Wilson (2/3) M Washington (3/4) Rosemy-Jacksaint (4) T Washington (4/5) J Coker (6)
TE Holker (3/4) T Johnson (4/5)
OT Fuaga (1) Guyton (1/2) Rosengarten (3/4) Greenfield (4) (Haven't watched Mims or Latham yet)
OG Haynes (2) Beebe (2/3) Puni (2/3) Leveston (3/4) McCormick (4/5) Mahogany (4/5)
C McMahon (3/4) Nouzard (5)

EDGE Trice (1/2) Murphy Twins (3/4) Isaac (3/4) Kamara (3)
IDL Newton (1) Boyd (3) B Murphy (3) M Murphy (4) Hall (4/5)
MLB P Wilson (2/3) Cooper (3) Gray (3/4) Bertrand (4) T Wallace (4) Jacobs (4/5)
CB DeJean (1) Wiggins (1/2) Arnold (1/2) Quinyon (1/2) Tampa (2/3) Melton (3) Abrams-Draine (3) R Green (3/4) Brownlee (4) J Monroe (4/5)
S Still haven't really watched any besides Kinchens
P Tory Taylor (Even better than Baringer last year)

This is not a good year to need an Edge imo. Think if we want an impact Edge we are going to need to trade up in the first round and we might be reaching due to scarcity. OL and WR are very deep. CB seems ok. Haven't looked at LB and S much at all.

36 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This is not a good year to need an Edge imo. Think if we want an impact Edge we are going to need to trade up in the first round and we might be reaching due to scarcity. OL and WR are very deep. CB seems ok. Haven't looked at LB and S much at all.

or we can just sign Danielle Hunter in FA

50 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don’t think edge is an absolute need. Could they use one especially in the longterm build of this team? Sure. Are they screwed if they don’t get one? No. If one falls to them, go for it, but they don’t need to chase one. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

or we can just sign Danielle Hunter in FA

He is a beast but he is getting up their in age and going to require massive money. I'd prefer to get younger on D this year and try to avoid signing anyone to a huge contract unless it makes a ton of sense. Not sure the value and timing match up there.

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'd prefer to get younger on D this year

Me too, but I also don't want Howie drafting a bum DE in the 1st that tops out at 6 sacks during his rookie contract.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Me too, but I also don't want Howie drafting a bum DE in the 1st that tops out at 6 sacks during his rookie contract.

I think it is pretty unlikely we draft DE in round 1 unless we are trading up.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I think it is pretty unlikely we draft DE in round 1 unless we are trading up.

I'll wait and see what positions we hit in free agency before I say it's unlikely.

Hasn't Reddick alluded to not liking his contract/feeling underpaid over the last 2 seasons? Wouldn't surprise me if he held out/got traded.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I don't think he'll go 10th, but I also don't think he gets past the Jags at 17. Doug is gonna love him.

Could very well.
Pederson may have to choose between him and some combination of Mims, Morgan and Barton.