> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

23 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've been selecting him a lot on PFF's simulator cause he's always one of the best players available in the 2nd at our picks, but really he's being talked about as a top 25 pick. Not sure we'll spend a 1st rounder on the interior, but who knows I guess.

Ya my gut feeling is he is going first round for sure. 

Yeah.. I want a corner most of all, but EDGE definitely could make good sense and its one of those high value positions the Eagles like to target. I think corner should be in that group of high value positions, but it just hasn't been one we've targeted early really. With that said, I do think we showed significant interest in Horn/Surtain in 2020 and McDuffie in 2022, so its not like we are opposed to it, but if I had to guess the Eagles would probably lean EDGE.

5 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:
29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I've been selecting him a lot on PFF's simulator cause he's always one of the best players available in the 2nd at our picks, but really he's being talked about as a top 25 pick. Not sure we'll spend a 1st rounder on the interior, but who knows I guess.

Ya my gut feeling is he is going first round for sure. 

Gonna stink if he ends up in Dallas... lol.

Any OL the Cowboys take in round 1 usually ends up being very good to elite. Gotta give em credit there.

EDGE with one of our first 3 picks is a an absolute must, non negotiable IMO, I've been saying that for a long time. It's concerning even IF Nolan Smith turns out to be a good player.

5 hours ago, Danger said:

EDGE with one of our first 3 picks is a an absolute must, non negotiable IMO, I've been saying that for a long time. It's concerning even IF Nolan Smith turns out to be a good player.

Are we talking OLB type edge now if in a Fangio 3-4 or DE like say a Dorlas? Which would you prefer?

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Are we talking OLB type edge now if in a Fangio 3-4 or DE like say a Dorlas? Which would you prefer?

We aren't screwed this year if they don't...but...

DE/3T

• Guy like Dorlus would be a Milton replacement at end next year / a versatile guy along the line if you are thinking of a 3-4.

OLB/Edge could be a very real need fast, depends how they view fit and wanting to extend guys.

• Reddick will want a new deal soon..up next year. They likely will have to address is as he's scheduled to make over $21mil this year. He'll be 30 in less than a year.
  • Sweat could be a bit of a square peg but can do it I think, have his hand down a lot of the time anyway. He's bendy/fast enough to do it. His contract has the built in scale up too for 2026.

You are essentially riding a lot of your success on the health of those Reddick/Sweat, outside of whatever they think Nolan can become. So there is some sense to adding a guy now to give you optionality on those two contracts and ideally make it so you can save money there for a couple years on at least one of them.

Ideally you'd love to find a guy who could do both, but they are rare athletes and probably gone by our pick.
Think like a Khalil Mack for Fangio, Sweat could maybe do it to one side but you'd hope the other guy has that little bit of coverage ability. The Bama boy Braswell is an early guy who could cover too.

If you want just an athlete, thats rangy...way more but also early picks. Dallas Turner, Verse, Chop.

If they are shifting more to Fangio principles, or even just on face value they'll likely add both. The olb/edge guy is harder to find later without just taking a shot at a freak athlete at small school or one that didn't put things together in college.

It's too bad Brian Burns and Josh Allen (Edge) aren't likely to hit the open market this year. But maybe it's a blessing if they decide to move on from Reddick next offseason.

16 hours ago, Danger said:

This is a weird EDGE class. I’m not sure how much depth there is there and no really great top guys. There are a couple nice role player type guys, but I don’t know how much ROI you might get on a lot of those 2nd-3rd tier players 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This is a weird EDGE class. I’m not sure how much depth there is there and no really great top guys. There are a couple nice role player type guys, but I don’t know how much ROI you might get on a lot of those 2nd-3rd tier players 

There are 4 guys I'm good with at 22 right now.

Dallas Turner
Laiatu Latu
Jared Verse
Chop Robinson

35 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I concur, I dont think this Edge Class is good at all. If Chop falls into the 2nd I would bite but the ONLY one I'm even picking at 22 is Verse. But ultimately I dont think any of the top players fit what we are going to be doing on defense. Think FA will be a main Target.

I would offer our 1st, future 2nd for Allen From JAX

46 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Bo Wulf and Fran Duffy hit a bunch of names

Is it crazy that I kinda want t’vondre sweat round 2 lol. Just imagining having a Jordan Davis, Jalen Carter, Milton Williams, tvondre sweat rotation makes me happy. 

we have so many more positions of need though.

eagles need to keep the SEC train moving. Long term I think it’ll lead to more blue chip guys. 

• Danger locked this topic