> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:
Trevin Wallace 6012 244 9 2/8 33 79 2/8

Solid size

I don't think size is going to be the end all with Fangio at LB.

He was close with and respected Sam Mills.

I can see the Eagles targeting a guy like Michael Barrett as a result.

He's like another Nakobe Dean type except he stays on the field.

4 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Met with the Eagles already too

Some other tidbits here... he smiled and said he wants to meet Slay when they asked if he's talked to him before. Would be pretty cool for him to learn from him as a rookie. 

I started wanting Terrion Arnold like during the middle of the college season and I been mocking him to us in simulators for the past couple weeks now, so it hurt to see him ranked #6 overall in Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 which pretty much kills any hope we get him cause that probably means he doesn't make it out of the top 10-15 range.

Nate Wiggins has some great cover skills, but not sure if we'll like his lack of competitiveness against the run at times.

Cooper DeJean no matter where we put him whether that's in the nickel/safety or outside corner would be a very welcome addition as we could use him in any of those spots lol.

Definitely love Mitchell's ball skills and he seems like a great Fangio scheme fit as he's adept at playing from off zone. Fangio also tends to like corners with some good size and the ability/competitiveness to come up and stop the run and Mitchell definitely checks those boxes too. 

I'm open to another position possibly if its just clearly BPA or someone who really fits what we want at whatever spot, but man its hard not to want a DB after the season we just experienced with the young DBs still mostly being question marks and the older ones clearly falling off.

The last opportunity we probably had to take a DB high was 2022 when my top 3 guys for us to take were Jordan Davis, Kyle Hamilton and Trent McDuffie. With that said, right now its looking like we got the worst of the 3. I still have faith in JD being a good player and am glad he admitted to his play slipping in the second half of the season. But, this year may be that new opportunity to draft a DB high again. It definitely seems like that is the position that is gonna best match the value with where we're picking and I'm not sure we're gonna love the options at corner that are left at our picks in the 2nd round. I also don't know how much we should trust them to hit on the corner pick on days 2 and 3 which is another reason I'd rather get it over with early, then try and hit on OL/DL/WR/Etc on days 2/3.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I started wanting Terrion Arnold like during the middle of the college season and I been mocking him to us in simulators for the past couple weeks now, so it hurt to see him ranked #6 overall in Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 which pretty much kills any hope we get him cause that probably means he doesn't make it out of the top 10-15 range.

Like Terrion too, has a fun personality as well it seems.

Hope is there’s a giant tackle run plus at least 5 of the 6 QBs go before us. Otherwise could see them popping up for an Edge (Verse/Chop) or one of the corners. If you have Quinyon in your pick at 22 list it’s hard to run out of corners by the time it gets to us.

• Like 1

Only downside to Mitchell (besides the lack of experience in press) isn't really much of one, but he's like a 1.5-2+ years older than the rest of the top CBs. I don't have a confirmed birth year, but looking at his recruiting class (same as Bryce Young / Bryan Bresee) that probably means its probably 2001 which would put him at 23 years old this summer. It's not that old though. It would put him at like a little less than half a year older than Devon Witherspoon who I would've loved to have last year had Seattle taken Jalen Carter in an alternate universe.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Like Terrion too, has a fun personality as well it seems.

Yeah, he seems funny as hell. Would take the reigns from Slay in that regard as well lol. 

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Hope is there’s a giant tackle run plus at least 5 of the 6 QBs go before us. Otherwise could see them popping up for an Edge (Verse/Chop) or one of the corners. If you have Quinyon in your pick at 22 list it’s hard to run out of corners by the time it gets to us.

Shiiiit.... I'd love if that happened with QBs. I think we can probably bank on at least probably 4 going before us, but we'll see about 5 and 6. I'm leaning towards Nix being that 4th. Not sure if McCarthy and Penix go top 20, but I guess they could.

PFF simulator be having me feel like we can get Chop in the 2nd, but someone will probably fall in love with his traits and take him earlier.

Verse is another older player as he'll be 24 years old during his rookie year, but he could've probably been a top 10-15 pick last year and is much more ready to be a significant contributor early than Robinson who will probably be cast into a DPR role to start his career. I feel like Verse and Turner will probably be off the board before we pick though anyways.

• Like 1

Speaking of guys I was hoping we would take. Ladd McConkey in the 2nd round is a guy I had my eyes set on, but now as people dive into his analytics and are seeing him up close at the Senior Bowl it seems like the likelihood of him lasting to 50 are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of guys I was hoping we would take. Ladd McConkey in the 2nd round is a guy I had my eyes set on, but now as people dive into his analytics and are seeing him up close at the Senior Bowl it seems like the likelihood of him lasting to 50 are getting slimmer and slimmer.

Kids gonna be a good one

• Like 1

Kempski with a good breakdown of yesterday 

https://www.phillyvoice.com/senior-bowl-practice-notes-day-1-2024/

These guys from Jeremiah’s top 50 are down there

1. Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State
  2. Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma
  3. Quinyon Mitchell, CB, Toledo
  4. Laiatu Latu, ED, UCLA
  5. Bo Nix, QB, Oregon
  6. Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona
  7. Jackson Powers-Johnson, iOL, Oregon
  8. Zach Frazier, iOL, West Virginia
  9. Michael Penix Jr., QB, Washington
  10. Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
  11. Chris Braswell, ED, Alabama
  12. Payton Wilson, LB, North Carolina State
  13. Marshawn Kneeland, ED, Western Michigan
  14. Malachi Corley, WR, Western Kentucky

33 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

His tape is also very good so could definitely be a target for us with a potential need at C/OG.

I've been selecting him a lot on PFF's simulator cause he's always one of the best players available in the 2nd at our picks, but really he's being talked about as a top 25 pick. Not sure we'll spend a 1st rounder on the interior, but who knows I guess.

• Danger locked this topic