> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Problem with him is if howie decided he was going to take a corner I’d be pretty shocked if he took a small school corner

it may not be a perfect way to draft but I do think it minimizes room for error. I do think Mitchell is good by all accounts.

and if I’m being honest the more howie sticks to SEC schools the calmer I’ll feel

Edited by Last Stand

2 hours ago, Danger said:

There are 4 guys I'm good with at 22 right now.

Dallas Turner
Laiatu Latu
Jared Verse
Chop Robinson

I don’t think any of the first 3 make it there. I’d question whether Chop is better than the OT’s and or CB’s that would likely be available 

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I concur, I dont think this Edge Class is good at all. If Chop falls into the 2nd I would bite but the ONLY one I'm even picking at 22 is Verse. But ultimately I dont think any of the top players fit what we are going to be doing on defense. Think FA will be a main Target.

I would offer our 1st, future 2nd for Allen From JAX

I like some of the 2nd round edge guys (Trice, Issac, Braswell) but after that there is a cliff.

I just think you are going to be reaching for value all draft with this class 

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I like some of the 2nd round edge guys (Trice, Issac, Braswell) but after that there is a cliff.

This sounds like a good year to trade for some young players on the verge of extensions that rebuilding teams don’t want to commit to

28 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

This sounds like a good year to trade for some young players on the verge of extensions that rebuilding teams don’t want to commit to

Never been a fan of this strategy personally, requires you to give up substantial draft capital and cap space. The exception being when we traded for AJ Brown because we got him for relatively under market value on both fronts and were in major need of another WR

Just now, Danger said:

Never been a fan of this strategy personally, requires you to give up substantial draft capital and cap space.

I get that, but I’d do it for the right player.

for me it goes

drafting a great player and getting 5 years on a rookie deal

trading for a great player you don’t mind signing to a big deal

drafting an ok player that starts but doesn’t reach their potential

trading for veterans

id like the eagles to pull an AJ brown defensively 

whether it be a DB or LB

41 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Imo this class has a lot of value on the OL and at WR. I’d expect us to dip into at least one of those positions in the first two rounds. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

I get that, but I’d do it for the right player.

for me it goes

drafting a great player and getting 5 years on a rookie deal

trading for a great player you don’t mind signing to a big deal

drafting an ok player that starts but doesn’t reach their potential

trading for veterans

id like the eagles to pull an AJ brown defensively 

whether it be a DB or LB

We'd need a move kind of out of left field as it's shaking out right now.

I think Patrick Queen is an adequate starting linebacker, but I'm not giving up big assets for him by any stretch of the imagination. Trying to think of who else's name is likely on the block. Brian Burns is someone I'd entertain the idea of certainly.

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

We'd need a move kind of out of left field as it's shaking out right now.

I think Patrick Queen is an adequate starting linebacker, but I'm not giving up big assets for him by any stretch of the imagination. Trying to think of who else's name is likely on the block. Brian Burns is someone I'd entertain the idea of certainly.

Burns and Surtain are the 2 I was thinking. 

Surtains been on the block for a bit. 

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Burns and Surtain are the 2 I was thinking. 

Surtains been on the block for a bit. 

Surtain I can't imagine will be moved for any reasonable price. Expecting it to be at least multiple 1sts.

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

Surtain I can't imagine will be moved for any reasonable price. Expecting it to be at least multiple 1sts.

PSII isn't going anywhere. I like Burns a lot just not sure I am ready to give up a first and a massive contract to get him. Think taking shots on young guys in the draft and filling holes where needed is a better plan this year. See if the new offense can carry you through a transition and reevaluate next year based on which young guys performed well. Can make a bigger move then if it looks like we are ready.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Imo this class has a lot of value on the OL and at WR. I’d expect us to dip into at least one of those positions in the first two rounds. 

Class seems deep at OL, WR and CB honestly.

I am interested what a new defensive coaching staff does for some of the development of the young players especially at CB 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

Class seems deep at OL, WR and CB honestly.

I am interested what a new defensive coaching staff does for some of the development of the young players especially at CB 

I agree CB is deep, but lacks the top end prospects to push the other guys down the board a bit. Might be hard to get good value at CB depending on how the board falls.

I like what Ringo did a lot this year. I want to see what Rodgers has too if he can play. I would like to grab a CB early for sure, but I don't think it is an absolute necessity.

• Danger locked this topic