> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

14 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Our Saints pick is going to hell. They're gonna win that division. And then probably play Dallas in the wildcard.

They were never gonna be a pick in the 30s. The guys that will realistically be there when they are slotted I think are all just clustered and personal preference. Like you're gonna have 10 guys with similar grades within that range where the pick could've realistically fell imo

52 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

They were never gonna be a pick in the 30s. The guys that will realistically be there when they are slotted I think are all just clustered and personal preference. Like you're gonna have 10 guys with similar grades within that range where the pick could've realistically fell imo

It's not really about who will be available at that pick, it's more what that pick becomes worth in a trade. I don't think we'll draft 3 players in the first 2 rounds. We'll use one of the 2nds to trade up in the 1st or trade for an existing good player.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Jeezla said:

How good is CB Kalen King?

Hard to say. He's definitely different than Joey porter jr. He's not as scrappy at the LOS, but probably better in natural coverage playing a few yards off

Kinda guy who you're not gonna hear his name often because he won't be targeted frequently. At least in college.

• Like 1

At the midway point, what does everyone want to do with those three picks in round 1 and 2?

Trade at least one of them for a vet?

Move up?

Or just keep them all?

If we want to add an OT or EDGE, might need to pop up a bit for a better athlete.
Corners always scare me, they bust too often to give up additional assets to get one.
But fixing that back 7 is a big deal, especially since Nakobe hasn't really stepped up / can't stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

At the midway point, what does everyone want to do with those three picks in round 1 and 2?

Trade at least one of them for a vet?

Move up?

Or just keep them all?

If we want to add an OT or EDGE, might need to pop up a bit for a better athlete.
Corners always scare me, they bust too often to give up additional assets to get one.
But fixing that back 7 is a big deal, especially since Nakobe hasn't really stepped up / can't stay healthy.

Idk the ramifications like cap wise etc, but idk if I feel comfortable going into next season with Slay and Bradberry as my two corners. I'd really target a young guy but to count on a rook to come in and take one of those spots is foolish. Could trade for a younger talented one with one of the picks. With the other two picks I'm just going trenches wherever needed. It's a tried and true investment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

If we don't bring back Swift, I want a runningback probably round 3, but maybe round 2. depends who's available where, but let's assume we don't take one until at least round 3.

I'd like an EDGE, a guy to replace Lane in a year or two. And a Corner.

Corner seems to be decently deep in this draft. EDGE seems... ok. I haven't looked too much into OT guys outside of Fashanu, Alt, Latham and Mims.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Stout will convert him into a RT replacement for Lane, let's be real.

Yeah and we'll just continue to ignore corner even though it's blatantly clear they need to infuse that position with TALENTED youth. Don't worry though, Ringo, Ricks and Jobe got it covered. I'd say go sign Jaylon Johnson, but the fact that he'll be CB1 on the market means he'll get overpaid.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah and we'll just continue to ignore corner even though it's blatantly clear they need to infuse that position with TALENTED youth. Don't worry though, Ringo, Ricks and Jobe got it covered. I'd say go sign Jaylon Johnson, but the fact that he'll be CB1 on the market means he'll get overpaid.

We must have the slowest back 7 in the league. That can't be ignored even for Howie's standards. 

How I want Ringo to pan out.

• Danger locked this topic