> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

I really wanted to like Jeremiah Trotter Jr, but he looks like just an average athlete that will easily get roasted in coverage in the NFL and won't have the speed to make up for any mistakes he makes with diagnosing.

Seems like a fairly weak defensive class in general as of now. Much stronger on the offensive side of the ball, but a couple decent CB's, and I like Newton a lot at DT. We basically have no chance to draft him after going DT 2 years in a row, but he's going to make a team happy. 

Edited by Jeezla

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case we lose I did a mock draft to make myself feel better....

Didn't realize how much I doubled up on schools until after I completed it.

Also, not sure if some of these guys will fall to these picks, but I just took what was there.

tGyYmoh.png

Hopefully this works as a reverse jinx 🙏

On 10/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Danger said:
On 10/26/2023 at 2:47 PM, Jeezla said:

How good is Chop Robinson? 

I think right now I'd take him late first or early 2nd, but he has solid potential. 

This seems about right, but he's going much higher in mocks it seems. I usually see him going top 10-20.

He probably has the most explosive get off of any EDGE in this class and some really good bend.

I think the thing with him is just needing polish like with his hand usage. Problem for him is Penn State is so talented and good they've been beating up on a lot of their opponents, so his snap counts haven't been very high in a lot of his games and he got knocked out of the game early against Ohio State (better comp).

He's still just 20 years old until January and probably is a guy that could benefit greatly from going to a team that has a good mentor for him. I think Sweat/Reddick could be that for him.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This seems about right, but he's going much higher in mocks it seems. I usually see him going top 10-20.

He probably has the most explosive get off of any EDGE in this class and some really good bend.

I think the thing with him is just needing polish like with his hand usage. Problem for him is Penn State is so talented and good they've been beating up on a lot of their opponents, so his snap counts haven't been very high in a lot of his games and he got knocked out of the game early against Ohio State (better comp).

He's still just 20 years old until January and probably is a guy that could benefit greatly from going to a team that has a good mentor for him. I think Sweat/Reddick could be that for him.

If we picked him at the back end of the first, I'd have no complaints. 

I have to imagine this is the year we finally move on from BG and Fletch.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

If we picked him at the back end of the first, I'd have no complaints. 

I have to imagine this is the year we finally move on from BG and Fletch.

Yeah same and as for BG & Fletch. Idk. I had been thinking we would move on from Cox for a couple years now and I know BG was pretty adamant about playing 15 seasons and wanted to do it exclusively with the Eagles if he could. Next year would be his 15th, so I guess we’ll see. 

Is Chop Robinson = Boye Mafe a fair comp? I had Mafe in that late 1st/Early 2nd zone. Is he more polished than Sweaty coming out? Just as raw? Can he be instant defense, or is he a 2 year project?

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Is Chop Robinson = Boye Mafe a fair comp? I had Mafe in that late 1st/Early 2nd zone. Is he more polished than Sweaty coming out? Just as raw? Can he be instant defense, or is he a 2 year project?

I think he's a bit bendier, and probably somewhat longer arms. Decently raw sure. Fortunately he's been a 2 year starter now at least.

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I have my first end of round one draft crush for the Eagles

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2024-nfl-draft-taliese-fuaga-scouting-report-oregon-state-beavers#gid=ci02cc35c320002581&pid=background

Although I feel like he’ll be more of a mid-1st by the time the draft rolls around 

yeah he'll probably be up there.

Will be interesting how 3-5 of the OT board goes between him, Mims and Latham. Other two are gonna get a bump from the SEC.
Mims might get docked because of the injury he had.

11763542.jpg

4 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I have my first end of round one draft crush for the Eagles

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2024-nfl-draft-taliese-fuaga-scouting-report-oregon-state-beavers#gid=ci02cc35c320002581&pid=background

Although I feel like he’ll be more of a mid-1st by the time the draft rolls around 

Ooooh good choice.

I'm not gonna pretend like I've studied him in depth, but every time I've turned on an Oregon State game and seen his big *** on the right side he has been stonewalling rushers with that heavy punch and mauling guys in the run game. He also moves pretty well for his size too.

One of the YouTuber draftniks whose opinions I respect a lot, especially when it comes to OL since he used to play it in HS... absolutely LOVES him. He has him as his #3 prospect in the class right now only behind Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr.

The NFL $tock Exchange with Connor Rogers and Trevor Sikkema just dropped a midseason mock draft and had Fuaga going 6th overall to the Packers. They talked about how they have some guys ranked ahead of him still, like he's not their 6th overall prospect, but he plays such a premium position at tackle and its a big need for GB. Trevor mentioned that he's not sure he'll test well enough to go quite that high, but still said he has him as a top 15 prospect and they talk about how he's been rapidly rising.

I do think if the NFL is dumb enough to let him slide all the way to the end of the 1st we would probably end up selecting him. That's probably what is gonna happen next year is that some position we need if one of the top ranked prospects falls then we are just gonna scoop them up whether its a tackle, edge, corner or whatever.

Having Mailata and Fuaga would be the most dominating run blocking tackles in the league.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

yeah he'll probably be up there.

Will be interesting how 3-5 of the OT board goes between him, Mims and Latham. Other two are gonna get a bump from the SEC.
Mims might get docked because of the injury he had.

11763542.jpg

Mims just turned 21 years old a couple weeks ago, so he would be a guy we could afford to sit behind Mailata and Johnson to learn for a year or two to learn the ropes. Have him cross train between LT/RT, so that he's ready to fill in wherever he's needed. 

The idea of having an OL prospect sit for maybe at least 2 seasons unless there is an injury obviously isn't the easiest pill to swallow, but it doesn't seem like Stoutland likes playing rookie OL anyways. Seumalo played sparingly his first 2 seasons. Jurgens had to sit behind Seumalo last year. Steen is having to wait his turn in line. Plus, we really need the tackle depth with Lane always getting injured every year now. Eventually Mailata will probably miss time as well. He's been good about being healthy, but its hard for a body that big to never run into problems.

If we are gonna draft a tackle to sit in waiting it would be ideal they're on the younger side, so they aren't that old when they eventually do replace Lane Johnson full time. 

Lane still has like 3 years left on his deal after this season, but do we really think he's gonna play 3 more years if Kelce hangs it up after this year which is a high likelihood? I just don't know if I see him playing that long without his best friend on the team, but I could be wrong. He did just sign a 1 year extension earlier this year. The Lane contract situation and not having an opening for a starter unless cause of injury is the only thing really holding me back on tackle right now.

• Danger locked this topic