> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This could be a great class to find that future free safety running mate to pair with Sidney Brown.

Both Calen Bullock & Kamren Kinchens are rangy safeties who had great years in 2022 and could make for excellent selections at the end of the first round.

Both are still 20 years old. Bullock just turned 20 yesterday and Kinchens doesn't turn 21 until late September.

Found out this week that Calen is up 10 pounds from 180 to 190 which is good to hear cause he was a bit too slender for his 6'3" frame. Kinchens is already listed 5'11 and 202 lbs.

Young + range + ball skills at safety is the type of prospect I'd be willing to take in the first round.

Then, you also have Andrew Mukuba from Clemson and James Williams (6'5" 215 lbs) who is Kinchens running mate at Miami. This safety class definitely seems more interesting at the top.... obviously we're still basically a full year out.

Bring us one of em, Howie!!!

I can't say I'm super informed on this class yet, but I do know that when I did TDN's 2024 mock sim, there were like 6 safeties available in round 2 by their big board.

8 hours ago, Danger said:

I can't say I'm super informed on this class yet, but I do know that when I did TDN's 2024 mock sim, there were like 6 safeties available in round 2 by their big board.

I mean yeah I just tested it out on TDN and Kinchens is rated 114 versus PFF which has him at 22nd.

I think PFF is much closer to being accurate there.

TDN had no safeties going by our first round pick which was 29th. Then I let the computer pick for me and there was still no safeties taken before 49th overall. The first one off the board was Bullard (thought he was a corner?) to the Packers at 59th. No true safety even off the board by our second 2nd round pick honestly. I don't see this as accurate in what could be a more talented safety class. I mean they even have Bullock in the mock draft machine at 17 and he's still on the board at the end of the 2nd round. It doesn't make sense. 

They had Olu Fashanu (probably would've been a top 5-10 pick this year) who is their #5 ranked player still be on the board all the way until the Texans pick at the top of the 2nd round. 

The layout on their mock draft simulator looks better than it did the weeks leading up to the draft, but I feel it still needs some fine tuning. PFF's simulator only lets you do 2 rounds, but I feel like their mock seems more accurate to how things are projected right now. I also like that PFF lets you adjust randomness and other things. TDN should incorporate something like that with their simulator. 

I say all this as someone who has given TDN 30 bucks this year to use their simulator. Honestly I wish I cancelled my subscription to them, cause they were supposed to send me free merch and never did, then they dragged the Mock Simulator's release for like a whole year leading up to this draft. They finally released it for beta testing the last few weeks before the draft, but it wasn't really enjoyable to use, so I mainly just used PFF or sometimes PFN leading up to this draft. Honestly the talent level of writers/podcast people at TDN has gone down dramatically over the past few years. Hopefully they get it together over there and improve their product, but yeah.

I'd be nice to get another corner early, or could see them trading for one.

Will be totally dependent on the guys after Slay and JB.

But get a young guy to spend a year under those two, and ideally take over with Kelee or whoever steps up in 2025.

• 3 weeks later...

1 Edge
2 RT (To replace Lane in 2025)
3(c) MLB
5 TE

My guess as to what we target in this draft in the first 5 rounds

Why no extra 2nd? Because we'll trade it (along with a 2025 pick) for a Slay replacement. Saves us from Howie wasting the pick on a bum CB prospect, and we don't have to wait for a CB prospect to develop while we are in a "SB or bust" phase. |
Slay will likely take a nose-dive this year, especially towards the end of the season, so CB1 will likely look like our Achilles heel headed into the next offseason, and I'm assuming Howard goes the trade route to fix it. I don't picture Ringo looking like a future CB1, so yeah, Howie trades for one. I'll guess Bears CB Jaylon Johnson, who AJ Brown ate for lunch, but is still pretty good and will likely be due for a new deal that the Bears may not want to pay.

Edited by Jeezla

On 5/18/2023 at 9:21 AM, Danger said:

@TheRealMcCoy

Korey Foreman. Yay, Nay, meh?

My bad. Didn't see this till now, but..... its gonna be a Nay.

He's from the same city (Corona) as me just like Tanner McKee. They both went to the same school (Centennial) at different times.

Korey was the #3 recruit in the 2021 recruiting class behind only Ewers (QB) & Tuimoloau (DT). So I was pretty excited about USC landing him, but he's been pretty disappointing his first 2 years. He just isn't the caliber of player you would hope for out of a top recruit. I saw a tweet saying he dropped ten pounds from 245 to 235, but they switched his position from Rush End to Defensive Lineman, so I don't really understand what's going on with him. Lincoln Riley did say in spring he's been stacking practices more and looks like a much better player than last spring, but he's gonna have to show a lot to get picked anywhere high in the draft. I'm definitely rooting for him to take a big jump, but I think if someone is mocking him late first round then they are making a huge projection that isn't warranted right now.

9 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My bad. Didn't see this till now, but..... its gonna be a Nay.

He's from the same city (Corona) as me just like Tanner McKee. They both went to the same school (Centennial) at different times.

Korey was the #3 recruit in the 2021 recruiting class behind only Ewers (QB) & Tuimoloau (DT). So I was pretty excited about USC landing him, but he's been pretty disappointing his first 2 years. He just isn't the caliber of player you would hope for out of a top recruit. I saw a tweet saying he dropped ten pounds from 245 to 235, but they switched his position from Rush End to Defensive Lineman, so I don't really understand what's going on with him. Lincoln Riley did say in spring he's been stacking practices more and looks like a much better player than last spring, but he's gonna have to show a lot to get picked anywhere high in the draft. I'm definitely rooting for him to take a big jump, but I think if someone is mocking him late first round then they are making a huge projection that isn't warranted right now.

I just saw him as an option in the 2nd round on TDNs sim. I think with the saints pick

Thanks for the insight. Is he quick and agile enough to play LB?

• Danger locked this topic