> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I'm intrigued about that two way OL and EDGE at 22. 

Okay let's say it's OL. What position? Where will he play that it is so paramount to spend a 1st round pick on an OL this year? 

Depends who's within striking distance?  Howie has traded up the past 3 drafts. 

If Fuaga is remotely within reach, put him at RG until he takes over for Lane and don't ever think twice about making the pick.

If JP Johnson is there I could see him being selected and thrown into "competition" (would win IMO) with Steen at RG. Assuming of course, he's not the better option automatically at Center, and they leave Jurgens at RG? Giving them flexibility at both G/C in case of injury.

It's the same approach they took with Kelce when drafting Dickerson and then Cam. Both are now penciled Starters most likely for the next 5-10 years along side Mailata.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Depends who's within striking distance?  Howie has traded up the past 3 drafts. 

If Fuaga is remotely within reach, put him at RG until he takes over for Lane and don't ever think twice about making the pick.

If JP Johnson is there I could see him being selected and thrown into "competition" (would win IMO) with Steen at RG. Assuming of course, he's not the better option automatically at Center, and they leave Jurgens at RG? Giving them flexibility at both G/C in case of injury.

It's the same approach they took with Kelce when drafting Dickerson and then Cam. Both are now penciled Starters most likely for the next 5-10 years along side Mailata.

I mean that sounds nice and all and yes that is the approach, hence Steen. So by going by that same approach shouldn't the FO be targeting a developmental RT in the 2nd or 3rd round? That would be more rational and more the MO of how they've operated. 

29 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Would be nice if he didn't have midget arms, and could bench press more than Quinyon Mitchell.

How is his functional strength in game? Aside from the bench press number, I have zero issues with how he tested.

I want the eagles to trade up and take the laiatu latu risk. It’s a risk, but he’d really be in a rotation, and I think he’s got double digit sack potential. 

for me at this point it’s laiatu latu, cooper dejean, Adonai Mitchell or use the pick to get a player or future picks

i know all 3 of those guys will likely be passed for the best OLman available lol but still those are my guys

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

How is his functional strength in game? Aside from the bench press number, I have zero issues with how he tested.

He looks like Peter Skoronski in game, but those 31.5 inchers are gonna be issues against guys who equal or better his functional strength in the NFL, but have 32.5" or longer arms. Football is a game of inches in many ways. He's a middle class mans Graham Barton. I'm 100% taking Christian Haynes over Beebe if I'm taking a RG.

Edited by Jeezla

Sign
Chauncey GJ S
Frankie Luvu ILB
Sean Murphy-Bunting CB
AJ Dillon or Devin Singletary RB (Or bring back Swift)
Andrew Van Ginkle OLB

1 Cooper DeJean CB
2 Christian Haynes RG
2 Ricky Pearsall WR
3 Mo Kamara OLB
5 Cedric Gray ILB
5 Dylan McMahon C
5  Bub Means WR
5 Dallin Holker TE

or

1 Adonai Mitchell WR
2 Christian Haynes RG
2 Max Melton CB
3 Mo Kamara OLB
5 Cedric Gray ILB
5 Dylan McMahon C
5 Tylan Grable OT
5 Dallin Holker TE

Edited by Jeezla

Pick 22 + 53 = pick 15 on the old trade chart.

Would you do that trade with Indy to guarantee you get a Quinyon or Verse or "insert OL"? 

Or would you rather stay at 22, hope for DeJean/Terrion or Adonai/Brian Thomas or someone else projected in that range, and pick twice in round 2?

9 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Pick 22 + 53 = pick 15 on the old trade chart.

Would you do that trade with Indy to guarantee you get a Quinyon or Verse or "insert OL"? 

Or would you rather stay at 22, hope for DeJean/Terrion or Adonai/Brian Thomas or someone else projected in that range, and pick twice in round 2?

There’s some really outstanding lineman in that range. Ones that would give the eagles a ridiculous group moving forward

i think if the eagles don’t trade for an edge though I think verse or even if they can get high enough turner would be great gets

quinyon is good, I’d be excited about him as well

On 3/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, Broadway Joe said:

I mean that sounds nice and all and yes that is the approach, hence Steen. So by going by that same approach shouldn't the FO be targeting a developmental RT in the 2nd or 3rd round? That would be more rational and more the MO of how they've operated. 

Why?
They have time.
Johnson doesn't look done by any means.

Now, I could see if they like a guy like Rosengarten or Driskell they'd nab him in the 5th.
By "like," I mean Stoutland can work with him.

There also exists the possibility that they want to develop Fred Johnson at RT.
I know he played mostly LT last year, but that could be temporary.
I mean, you haven't heard his name a lot, but that can be a good thing for an offensive lineman who played in all 17 games.

And lineman are different. 
You don't need to draft every one on day one or two.
There are a ton of serviceable OL's drafted all over the place or not at all.
Hell, the Eagles haven't had a starting LT drafted higher than the 7th round in 15 years.

I would like to offer one caveat to my post above.
Jackson Powers-Johnson is special.
The problem is that I think everyone knows it.

He is intense.
He has great quickness and can get to the second level.
He is by far the best center in pass protection in the draft.
He could easily transition to guard.
Hell, adding him would make Jergens the third best option at center.
(I think Dickerson is a better center, too.)

He reminds me of Bruce Matthews (Rd. 1 #9) and is the best interior OL prospect since Quenton Nelson (Rd. 1 #6).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

I would like to offer one caveat to my post above.
Jackson Powers-Johnson is special.
The problem is that I think everyone knows it.

He is intense.
He has great quickness and can get to the second level.
He is by far the best center in pass protection in the draft.
He could easily transition to guard.
Hell, adding him would make Jergens the third best option at center.
(I think Dickerson is a better center, too.)

He reminds me of Bruce Matthews (Rd. 1 #9) and is the best interior OL prospect since Quenton Nelson (Rd. 1 #6).

I thought jurgens looked better at center his rookie year (granted, with very limited snaps) than he did at RG last year. I think Jurgens at C, then drafting a guy (Christian Haynes) to compete with Steen at RG is the right move. And then take a guy like Dylan McMahon in the 5th for center depth (although i think McMahon goes round 4).

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I thought jurgens looked better at center his rookie year (granted, with very limited snaps) than he did at RG last year. I think Jurgens at C, then drafting a guy (Christian Haynes) to compete with Steen at RG is the right move. And then take a guy like Dylan McMahon in the 5th for center depth (although i think McMahon goes round 4).

So, I think Opeta and Driscoll will get better deals elsewhere.

Drafting JPJ =  Mailata - Dickerson - Jurgens - JPJ - Johnson

Fred Johnson, Tyler Steen, Brett Toth with all three being able to play G or T and both guards could slide to C.

Jason Poe, Roderick Johnson and Darian Kinard wait in the wings and there's no need for another lineman unless they have a late pick to burn on someone who falls or they really like.

1 minute ago, babyatemydingo said:

So, I think Opeta and Driscoll will get better deals elsewhere.

Drafting JPJ =  Mailata - Dickerson - Jurgens - JPJ - Johnson

Fred Johnson, Tyler Steen, Brett Toth with all three being able to play G or T and both guards could slide to C.

Jason Poe, Roderick Johnson and Darian Kinard wait in the wings and there's no need for another lineman unless they have a late pick to burn on someone who falls or they really like.

Having JPJ over a Christian Haynes or Beebe or Barton isn't really going to move the needle, imo. We just need someone good at RG, not incredible. Your JPJ man crush is getting out of hand.

Edited by Jeezla