> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I like that you like dejean

I see him more as a safety.

His play facing the action is top notch.
He has enough agility to change direction without missing a beat.
However, that's different if he has to turn 180 and chase.
He loses a step there.

48 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yup I see they've been aggressively calling looking to move up. Gotta think that'd be for Quinyon or Terrion. I don't think they'd move up for DeJean.

Hey I'm more than happy to have DeJean fall in our lap, but he's the best player of the 3 and I have a feeling NFL evaluators will be higher on him than what the consensus mockers have been placing him at.  Hopefully 6 QB's get taken in the top 20 and push these guys down the board.

23 hours ago, Danger said:

Me.

And overall consensus.

Overall consensus and that consensus being remotely correct is an oxymoron when it comes to the NFL draft... The draft experts know absolutely nothing that teams are going to do and it proven every year.

On 4/21/2024 at 7:43 AM, EagleBlueDon said:

The thing about DeJean is I think the coverages he played in college translate well to what he'd be playing in our scheme. I believe he's widely viewed as one of the best zone corners in this draft. And that's what we'll primarily be running with some man concepts that I'm sure he can handle like what 30-35% of the time? The guy's been one of the top corners in all of D1 for the past two years.

I think he will be a solid player but he will get exposed out wide in the NFL playing CB (and it shows in their game against Ohio State). We still need good corners out wide b/c Fangio is going to play a lot of match principles and with those match principles requires the outside corners to play MEG which forces them to play 1v1 and hold their own.

4 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Hey I'm more than happy to have DeJean fall in our lap, but he's the best player of the 3 and I have a feeling NFL evaluators will be higher on him than what the consensus mockers have been placing him at.  Hopefully 6 QB's get taken in the top 20 and push these guys down the board.

I will be pleasantly surprised if nix and penix go before 22

51 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

I see him more as a safety.

His play facing the action is top notch.
He has enough agility to change direction without missing a beat.
However, that's different if he has to turn 180 and chase.
He loses a step there.

I disagree with the 2nd part.  He played a lot of man press later in the year and didn't really miss a beat.  I do agree that he's at his best in a zone heavy scheme which coincidentally is what he's going to be asked to do in Philly.  His IQ, anticipation, athleticism, and ball skills are all on full display when he has eyes on the ball.  Arnold does not have his ball skills in the slightest.  We should want guys like DeJean in this defense.

17 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Way too grabby. Can't get his head around and doesn't play the ball well. His play speed doesn't match his pro day time. Needs to get much better with his hands at the LoS at the next level. He just feels like a major project to me which isn't worth a first round pick. If he puts it all together I can see him being a good player, but the risk is much to high for a first round pick imo.

He is the best press corner in the class technique wise in my opinion... What limits him is his top end speed if he gets beat. Personally, I am fine losing to perfectly thrown over the top passes 30-40 yards down the field if that happens to be the case. I absolutely do not agree with him being a "project" - I think he is up there as the most polished corner in the draft on day one (Majority of Alabama fans believe he is superior to Arnold production-wise)... Kool-aid's ceiling is limited bc of his top-end speed & break ability that Mitchell has.

Quinyon Mitchell and Cooper Dejean are better then Kool Aid, Arnold and Wiggins...Wiggins/Kool-Aid are the highest bust chance. 

Honestly If you miss on Mitchell and DeJean...I ain't touching any Corner Till Round 4 or i'm 100% Looking at Trade Candidates...If LAC are willing to do Samuel and and their 2nd for our 1st and 4th or future 3rd. I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Asante Samuel Jr. 
Jaycee Horn 
A.J. Terrell
Greg Newsome
Paulson Adebo
Tyson Cambell

3 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

He is the best press corner in the class technique wise in my opinion... What limits him is his top end speed if he gets beat. Personally, I am fine losing to perfectly thrown over the top passes 30-40 yards down the field if that happens to be the case. I absolutely do not agree with him being a "project" - I think he is up there as the most polished corner in the draft on day one (Majority of Alabama fans believe he is superior to Arnold production-wise)... Kool-aid's ceiling is limited bc of his top-end speed & break ability that Mitchell has.

Yeah I would not describe him as a project as he's pretty much a finished product.  The question we should be asking ourselves is how good is he and how does he translate to the NFL?  He's definitely not a 1 in the NFL.  He can definitely be your 2 and be fine, but that's not very exciting with a 1st Rd pick.

13 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If we are moving up we want Terrion or Quinyon. I think with likely 4 QB's going top 10 it is definitely possible one of those guys falls into the 15 range where we would definitely be looking to move up.

If I had to give one stone cold watergun to my head prediction I'd predict that we trade up to 16 for one of those guys. Whichever is left. Which I think one will be. 

15 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

The closer we get to the draft I'm just really hoping we trade up for Mitchell or Arnold that way everyone is happy and can feel good about who we came away with lol

Also, I feel 99% confident at this point that they aren't taking Mitchell.  In the past decade the only time they took someone in the 1st Rd that they didn't have a top 30 visit with was Dillard and that was because they thought he would be long gone in the top 10.  Logic would tell you if they go corner it's for Arnold, DeJean, or Kool-Aid.

Trade up = Arnold

Small trade up/stick and pick = DeJean

Trade down = Kool-Aid

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

If I had to give one stone cold watergun to my head prediction I'd predict that we trade up to 16 for one of those guys. Whichever is left. Which I think one will be. 

I do think the Seahawks are likely going to be willing to move back, but I think the Colts are likely to take a CB at 15. If one goes before 15 we likely will need to jump them if we want our guy.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I do think the Seahawks are likely going to be willing to move back, but I think the Colts are likely to take a CB at 15. If one goes before 15 we likely will need to jump them if we want our guy.

It feels like a foregone conclusion that Indy will take one. Once that happens I think the Eagles will be happy to move up got whichever one is left, if there is one. We really need both of them to fall to 15.

3 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Also, I feel 99% confident at this point that they aren't taking Mitchell.  In the past decade the only time they took someone in the 1st Rd that they didn't have a top 30 visit with was Dillard and that was because they thought he would be long gone in the top 10.  Logic would tell you if they go corner it's for Arnold, DeJean, or Kool-Aid.

Trade up = Arnold

Trade down = Kool-Aid

That is a strong indicator I agree. Did they meet with him on any level? Combine, pro day, etc?

6 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Trade up = Arnold

Trade down = Kool-Aid

Could also be Howie trying not to show his hand and show interest again as he knows teams are watching...I mean look at Detroit having a whole sheet on what Howie's doing.