> 2024 NFL Draft Prospects <

Kiltman

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you don't see us keeping Goedert past next season but drafting his 5 yr replacement,  the singular best TE prospect to come out in a decade which included Kule Pitts isn't worth a Top 15-20 pick? 

Gotcha!!👌👌

Yup.

You don't trade up in the first for a tight end. It's bad resource allocation. This isn't Madden where you can con dumb AI into giving you 12 first round picks a year to draft every position. You have to prioritize the most important ones. Especially considering Bowers is not a great in line blocking tight end. Excellent pass catcher but not a complete tight end.

38 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So you don't see us keeping Goedert past next season but drafting his 5 yr replacement,  the singular best TE prospect to come out in a decade which included Kule Pitts isn't worth a Top 15-20 pick? 

Gotcha!!👌👌

No TE is worth a top 15 pick.  I'm not even sure I'd classify Bowers as a TE.  More like a big slot WR.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yup.

You don't trade up in the first for a tight end. It's bad resource allocation. This isn't Madden where you can con dumb AI into giving you 12 first round picks a year to draft every position. You have to prioritize the most important ones. Especially considering Bowers is not a great in line blocking tight end. Excellent pass catcher but not a complete tight end.

If you're picking a TE in this draft, who are you taking? I think I take Theo Johnson on day 3.  You take the traits and see if you can't develop him.

56 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

If you're picking a TE in this draft, who are you taking? I think I take Theo Johnson on day 3.  You take the traits and see if you can't develop him.

If you want traits you take Tip Reimann guy is freak athlete.

28 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

If you want traits you take Tip Reimann guy is freak athlete.

I mean Theo had a highest RAS amongst TE's and the 2nd highest ever at the position.  With his catch radius, speed, and ability to get vertical, he has the traits to be something special if everything goes right.  

Reiman is even more of a projection than Theo bc I don't ever really see him run routes.  All of his catches are near the LOS.

14 hours ago, Danger said:

IrishHooligan's thought process:

"All these draftnik's and PFF have been telling me for years that Goedert is gonna be the next big thing"

"Why doesn't he have 10 TDs and 1000 yards every year???"

"Overrated"

No, I'm just being a realist. a top 5 TE's Should have no issue averaging 700 Yards (42 YPG) / 6 TDS (0.35 TDPG) a season. Goedert has only been above the Yards once and the TD's never. 

At some point you have to look at the actual facts of everything. Age/Stats/Percent Involved

Am i okay letting him play the year out, of course. But i'm also not blinded by the fact we need to get someone else in here as well as if there are any possible trade offers, I'm answering the phone.

Feel like its exactly similiar to the Hassan Reddick Situation, Only difference Reddick had the Stats to partially back it up. 

Also Don't ever associate w/ that P.O.S. PFF Site. 

9 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

I mean Theo had a highest RAS amongst TE's and the 2nd highest ever at the position.  With his catch radius, speed, and ability to get vertical, he has the traits to be something special if everything goes right.  

Reiman is even more of a projection than Theo bc I don't ever really see him run routes.  All of his catches are near the LOS.

I feel like he pushed himself up into the 3rd Round. Especially with the impact Rookie TE's had last year, Could up his value a little more. Also Gotta look at the aging TE's around the league

11 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

No TE is worth a top 15 pick.  I'm not even sure I'd classify Bowers as a TE.  More like a big slot WR.

It’s so contingent on having a plan in place for them, also a position that it’s rare they just come in full sprint.

Id take one of they are special and have plus measurables top 15, but its so rare that its not really something you have to think about most drafts.

14 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gotcha!!👌👌

You mean Brock Bowers? I mean he is good but he is not the best TE prospect to come out in a decade, certainly not better than Kyle Pitts. 

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

It’s so contingent on having a plan in place for them, also a position that it’s rare they just come in full sprint.

Id take one of they are special and have plus measurables top 15, but its so rare that its not really something you have to think about most drafts.

Who can you think of that is that rare of an athlete with the production to back it up that would be worth a top 10 pick? I can't.  They need to be a once in a generation athlete, be a good blocker, and be a productive receiver because chances are even in such a case there will be at least 1 or 2 WR's that are more valuable prospects in that draft.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That would be interesting considering I haven't seen anyone rank him higher than a day 3 guy.  He's someone I'd have interest in day 3, but he's also one of the older players in this draft.

22 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Who can you think of that is that rare of an athlete with the production to back it up that would be worth a top 10 pick? I can't.  They need to be a once in a generation athlete, be a good blocker, and be a productive receiver because chances are even in such a case there will be at least 1 or 2 WR's that are more valuable prospects in that draft.

Winslow Sr, Tony G, Gronk if he wasn’t an injury risk 

It’s so many boxes that it almost never happens. 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

You mean Brock Bowers? I mean he is good but he is not the best TE prospect to come out in a decade, certainly not better than Kyle Pitts. 

Neither of them are good blockers. They're both just great pass catchers