2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Imagine drafting JJ McCarthy and seeing him beat Jim Harbaugh at some point in the next couple of years (assuming he’s a redshirt for 2024). Would be fun.

At one point in his presser, AP mentioned needing speed of sorts. Between AOC, Jacobs not being a burner by any means, Adams and Meyers being bigger possession guys and Mayer being much the same, we have arguably the slowest skill positions in the NFL. 

Tucker I think is going to take off in year two with a more creative OC, but we need to add some more jets to O.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Imagine drafting JJ McCarthy and seeing him beat Jim Harbaugh at some point in the next couple of years (assuming he’s a redshirt for 2024). Would be fun.

This group is going make a big trade up for Daniels. McCarthy will fall into someone's lap like a Denver and be the better QB.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This group is going make a big trade up for Daniels. McCarthy will fall into someone's lap like a Denver and be the better QB.  

We definitely made Telesco the GM with that in mind.  I would not be surprised to see us trade up to the 2nd/3rd pick to draft Jayden Daniels.

The ride may get a little bumpy, but I'm still getting in.

Just now, Jerry said:

We definitely made Telesco the GM with that in mind.  I would not be surprised to see us trade up to the 2nd/3rd pick to draft Jayden Daniels.

Why? Why would we do this? So the Raiders spend what little draft capital we have to move up to get a QB who may or may not be a bust only to get him killed by an awful and neglected O line?

Why do we do this?

7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I just hope Telesco makes the decision independent of AP. I want to know he analyzed, did the work on and felt good about the QB and made a trade. Not just do it for Daniels because he's APs guy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Why? Why would we do this? So the Raiders spend what little draft capital we have to move up to get a QB who may or may not be a bust only to get him killed by an awful and neglected O line?

Why do we do this?

I have no idea man I'm just a fan that sometimes wastes time on this forum.  Hopefully AP and Telesco have a plan to beef up our future QB and OL.

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I just hope Telesco makes the decision independent of AP. I want to know he analyzed, did the work on and felt good about the QB and made a trade. Not just do it for Daniels because he's APs guy.

At the end of the day, Telesco could've just given a thumbs up because he knew that's what our team wanted.  Anyone following our team knows Jayden Daniels has been in our locker room and that he's said in the past he wants to play in Las Vegas.  

Chances are Telesco said "yeah, that's our guy and I know exactly what it's going to take to draft him in the 1st.  We need to trade X number of picks and it's a done deal." and AP, Champ Kelly, and M. Davis all teared up and started high fiving each other and shouting RAIDERS.  Lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

At the end of the day, Telesco could've just given a thumbs up because he knew that's what our team wanted.  Anyone following our team knows Jayden Daniels has been in our locker room and that he's said in the past he wants to play in Las Vegas.  

Chances are Telesco said "yeah, that's our guy and I know exactly what it's going to take to draft him in the 1st.  We need to trade X number of picks and it's a done deal." and AP, Champ Kelly, and M. Davis all teared up and started high fiving each other and shouting RAIDERS.  Lol.

What if the ask is X number of picks AND MAXX CROSBY? You still want to do the deal, then?

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm still not really feeling JJ personally, but I just post anything and everything I can here haha.

He can do everything you want a QB to do. There isn't a QB in the country that would have put up numbers on Michigan this year. Granted, if you are saying taking him at 13 is rich, I can respect that. But I think if we can land him somewhere between 13 and 44, I'd personally be thrilled.

• Like 1