2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, NickButera said:

There seems to be an unusual amount of unease over Caleb on this forum. But from what amateur stuff I've seen, the reviews I've watched, and what elite evaluators are unanimously saying about him, he's as cant miss as cant miss can get. 

I've watched most of his games this year, and the guy legitimately plays QB at a high level, he does things like look off safeties routinely, he lets plays develop outside of his eyesight and turns and flicks the ball to a location he knows the WR will be at, etc

I don't think I've ever seen such a highly evaluated QB get criticized here before like this. I'm not sure why. 

I usually don't take stances and am a middle ground grey area person. But in this rare case I'm all on board Caleb Williams train, dude is going to be very good at the NFL level. 

(And for the record, I'm very against divas, I hated Manziel as a prospect for instance, but I don't see that in Caleb.)

Reverse psychology.... maybe if we don't like him, he'll fall in our laps. We can't expect good things to happen.

Only thing I want to see is how he performs against some better defenses when he doesn't have all day to make decisions. Want to see him make the playoff and compete. 

But I agree. Lot to like with him. I don't get the diva vibe at all. 

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

JJ McCarthy. I'll die on this cross. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not QB3 by year's end. 

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

But I agree. Lot to like with him. I don't get the diva vibe at all. 

For me, as stated, it's not so much diva vibes as it is a concern about where his priorities are. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

At minimum AOC proved he can be a quality backup like Gardner Mishew. We still haven’t seen enough of him yet 

As for college QBs to look out for outside of Caleb…

Cam Ward

Where do you have Ward ultimately going, draft stock wise?

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Forreal? I remember a lot of people hating him. What do you see in him? I haven't watched him much so curious 

He's raw and will need coached up don't get me wrong. And certainly want to see how far he can carry Michigan this season. 

His IQ is there. He's got big time arm talent and displays accuracy on deep throws. Terrific in the pocket, keeps his eyes down field and plays with anticipation. Showed some clutch moments in big games a year ago and will need to show more of that. Has put Michigan on their back when he's needed to. He's only 20 and I'm buying his upside. 

Williams/Maye are fairly polished. After them, there are several guys who I could get behind as #3 with different skills. McCarthy just has something in how he leads and sees the game I gravitate towards. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Destiny bois

This is nonsense. The sooner he gets into the NFL, the sooner he can start working on his 200+ million dollar payday. 

Going back to school, risking injury because of his rookie wage would be terrible decision. What he looses in NIL, he would easily make up for in endorsements.