2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

If he goes top 10, that team will not have that luxury. As fans, we can't get fired, but coaches and GMs do. As soon as you draft a guy top 15, the clock starts on your career. I've written this before, but Bill Belichick couldn't even survive a top-15 QB bust. It's hard to deny that there's a lot of helium for McCarthy going top 15, but I will believe it when I see it. I've also written this before, but Will Levis was projected to go top 5 just days before the draft. It only takes 1 team, but teams have been more careful than ever when picking a quarterback highly. If he goes top 15, I think the Vikings make the most sense if they re-sign Cousins.

The Vikings, if they resign Cousins, would be an ideal landing spot for JJ.  He has a former QB as a HC, could sit for a year and learn from a quality vet like Cousins, then be thrust into a situation behind a good Oline, one of the best WR's corps in the NFL and a top tier TE.  

With our luck we trade up for him and then AP s the hot seat by mid year and if that happens he very well could thrust JJ into action too soon in order to save his job.  That could be a scenario that is not ideal for a raw prospect like JJ.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Vikings, if they resign Cousins, would be an ideal landing spot for JJ.  He has a former QB as a HC, could sit for a year and learn from a quality vet like Cousins, then be thrust into a situation behind a good Oline, one of the best WR's corps in the NFL and a top tier TE.  

With our luck we trade up for him and then AP s the hot seat by mid year and if that happens he very well could thrust JJ into action too soon in order to save his job.  That could be a scenario that is not ideal for a raw prospect like JJ.  

I think Cousins looks for one last payday in a 3-5year deal. teams desperate out there 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Cousins looks for one last payday in a 3-5year deal. teams desperate out there 

If I were him and his agent I would hold out for a multi year deal with a team. I wouldn’t want to be the team on the other end of that contract though. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If I were him and his agent I would hold out for a multi year deal with a team. I wouldn’t want to be the team on the other end of that contract though. 

A smart agent will get him paid. I think Baker and Cousins are going get the bag. Usually, those high end contracts backfire. There's a lot of red flags with Cousins too. His last resort will be a one year prove it deal. I think he leaves Vikings to whatever team gives him the back on a multiyear deal. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

No. Let me speed-run this conversation. I'll link you a highlight reel with time stamps you could have easily searched for yourself. You'll then point out how each deep ball is not a "real" deep ball because the receiver was wide open, or had to adjust to the ball, etc. You have already dug so deep into this position that there is nothing I can show you that will change your mind.

Because deep ball accuracy doesn't mean you can't throw the ball far. It means you can throw it far in stride to where the wr doesn't have to stop. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine drafting Worthy in first. Get potentially the next Tyreke hill, pair him with Tae. Have the fastest WR, and the best WR as a tandem. Plus you still have Meyers who can play the slot, and also Tucker who can play all over and more speed. Add in Jacobs/ Zeus plus an emerging Mayer. Come back and draft Pennix in the 2nd or Fields trade. imagine 

Pennix or Fields 

Jacobs/ Zeus 

Tae, Worthy, Meyers, Tucker 

Mayer 

this WR class A+! Take advantage 

free agency: G, DT, CB, another edge 

we need to be smart 

Worthy at #12 would be almost as bad as DHB at #7

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure what you were watching but here is every throw McCarthy made today.  I thought he preformed well and showcased his skillset.  They had glowing reviews of his performance at the end of the video.  

Based on my charting...

Hit on 19 throws

Missed on 8 throws

Was meh on 5 throws

He looked pretty good throwing to the right side of the field but missed consistently on the outside stuff to the left side of the field. The ball also seemed to hang on a couple of throws deep, reminded me of Carr.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pennix could be a solid QB but he needs to play with a great OLine and playmakers. His ceiling cap, could be a DC type if he hits his potential 

If his ceiling is DC we will suck.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is not a day 1, plug and play Qb at 20 years old.  He has the tools you look for in a franchise QB but no doubt there is risk with McCarthy as he is quite raw.  He has to be well coached and given time to develop.

GM/HC's will be drooling to mold JJ into their own QB on draft day. I don't see any way he makes it to 13. 

What are the tools that get you excited with him? 

I see good size, above average athleticism, above average arm strength, and average accuracy.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on my charting...

Hit on 19 throws

Missed on 8 throws

Was meh on 5 throws

He looked pretty good throwing to the right side of the field but missed consistently on the outside stuff to the left side of the field. The ball also seemed to hang on a couple of throws deep, reminded me of Carr.

Still waiting on him to show me all the "many beautiful throws". 

You're absolutely right about the side of the field he was throwing to as well. I also noticed that. The only throws he seemed to do well on were inside, intermediate routes. If he can't hit outside the numbers, and I posted a chart that also suggests he struggled there, we should want no part of him. 

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Still waiting on him to show me all the "many beautiful throws". 

You're absolutely right about the side of the field he was throwing to as well. I also noticed that. The only throws he seemed to do well on were inside, intermediate routes. If he can't hit outside the numbers, and I posted a chart that also suggests he struggled there, we should want no part of him. 

What I saw

Slant: 4/4 good

Out: 4 good / 5 misses / 2 meh 

Comeback: 3 good

Go: 1 good / 3 misses

Deep out: 3 good

Fade: 2 good / 1 meh

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

this is my pick at 13. This kid can be special:

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1764027616044925351?s=20

https://x.com/RJLockedIn/status/1763721899031285798?s=20

https://x.com/CFBRep/status/1764041493302382740?s=20

He's a more athletic, fast CeeDee Lamb. Our offensive would be scary with #1 like when we had Cooper/Crabtree and Brown/Rice. Meyers can man the spot or we could play Mitchell, Meyers on the outside and move Tae around to attack defenses. Man we could be scary on offense. Then Tucker can come in for the big play deep ball. QB would be set up Nice with A level talent on offense. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine drafting Worthy in first. Get potentially the next Tyreke hill, pair him with Tae. Have the fastest WR, and the best WR as a tandem. Plus you still have Meyers who can play the slot, and also Tucker who can play all over and more speed. Add in Jacobs/ Zeus plus an emerging Mayer. Come back and draft Pennix in the 2nd or Fields trade. imagine 

Pennix or Fields 

Jacobs/ Zeus 

Tae, Worthy, Meyers, Tucker 

Mayer 

this WR class A+! Take advantage 

free agency: G, DT, CB, another edge 

we need to be smart 

So is Worthy the special WR we need to draft at #13 or is it Mitchell?

4 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Surprised McCarthy isn't excelling here. This is literally geared for him. Might be hurting his stock. 

NFL Network's

on J.J. McCarthy: "He went out there, competed, and threw the ball very, very well. I got a text from an NFL evaluator, very respected one saying, 'Of all these guys, McCarthy translates to the NFL the most.' He had an outstanding day out here."

Edited by big_palooka