2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Dude said we're drafting someone for who he can be starting in 2027 and used his 3-cone drill as a reason..... Remember we're talking about a QB lol

This is awesome

It was like when ppl said Josh Mcdaniels is a next level coach by using his Ws as a patriots OC and saying that he needed 3 years to implement his vision before we could judge his Ws or Al's as a raiders HC

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

AOC might even ball out with all those weapons. imagine those 4 wideout sets with Tucker / Worthy speed and then the route running of Tae and Meyers... Our offense could have so many options 

Worthy wouldn’t even be on your radar unless he ran 4.21 bud

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine a 4.21 WR who's a baller, with Tae an all pro WR. Man, our next QB would be set up so nice. Bringing back another all pro RB in Jacobs too. Our offense would be so exciting 

With who throwing the ball? Sam Darnold? Sorry, miss me with that nonsense. 

This is a deep WR class and the Raiders have 3 good WR options currently and massive money tied to it. Grab one day 3 to bring up. Further are you saying you want to take a guy who ran a 4.21 in round 1 simply off speed? Because the rest his skills are day 3. Did you not see John Ross's career?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why are you so concerned about using other people's opinions to validate your own? That's weird......

I literally watched him throw. I'm sorry you're too biased to objectively observe. 

So you can post opinions of a twitter account positing a chart he made up to validate yours? That's okay as long as it's something positive.

And what bias? I am not a Michigan fan and have no dog in the fight. Just like the prospect and have since before this conversation even started. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think you're missing the big picture with him.  You're not drafting him for who he is at 20, you're drafting him for who he can be from 23 to 35. 

I think he can start early. 2nd best processor in the class, coming from a pro offense. He'll quickly learn his NFL offense and be ready.

That said, you're right. If he had 1 more year in college and came out at age 22 all these questions would be largely erased. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So you can post opinions of a twitter account positing a chart he made up to validate yours? That's okay as long as it's something positive.

And what bias? I am not a Michigan fan and have no dog in the fight. Just like the prospect and have since before this conversation even started. 

Guy with a JJ PFP says he has no dog in this fight lol.

And no, I'm showing data to back up my analysis. You're posting someone's thoughts to confirm your bias. Those are completely different things. How is this lost on you? Lol

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

It was like when ppl said Josh Mcdaniels is a next level coach by using his Ws as a patriots OC and saying that he needed 3 years to implement his vision before we could judge his Ws or Al's as a raiders HC

Exactly. I'm also still amazed that someone used a 3 cone drill as evidence a QB will succeed. Never seen that one before. 

11 hours ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy did everything he needed to secure a top 5pick. 

Missed some outside throws. Those won't happen in a pro day settling with his WRs (see why Williams and Daniels skipped throwing).

I mean I've watched every throw he made multiple times and didn't think he looked very good. I don't think his erratic ball placement to the left side of the field was on the receivers. 

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine a 4.21 WR who's a baller, with Tae an all pro WR. Man, our next QB would be set up so nice. Bringing back another all pro RB in Jacobs too. Our offense would be so exciting 

Id like to grab one of those fast RBs on day 3. But I understand your thinking, we need more speed but not sure we should ignore the trenches and defense

Dude said we're drafting someone for who he can be starting in 2027 and used his 3-cone drill as a reason..... Remember we're talking about a QB lol

This is awesome

That 3-come drill will come in handy during the Philly special play 😂

This is awesome

Lol The three cone drill was a testament to his athleticism a trait that people are underestimating with him. 

You clearly have no idea how to evaluate talent at the QB position which is not surprising coming from a casual fan.    

JJ had a very good day showcasing his skills which will be reinforced on draft day. 

Will his good showing yesterday be a guarantee that he is a star on the next level, certainly not.  There is risk in drafting JJ, similar to every other player in the draft but when looking at skillset and intangibles JJ has the goods.  He is young and raw and the team that drafts him needs to be patient but if handled correctly he could be a very good NFL QB.  He poses good value at 13 if he makes it that far which I highly doubt will happen.  

Where do you think he goes in the draft and why do you think that will be?  You have clearly stated that you have a third round grade on him and you don't think he will be a good NFL QB. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I think he can start early. 2nd best processor in the class, coming from a pro offense. He'll quickly learn his NFL offense and be ready.

That said, you're right. If he had 1 more year in college and came out at age 22 all these questions would be largely erased. 

I agree but see why he came out too.  The kid is going to get paid and faced uncertainty at Michigan with his HC going to the NFL.  

He is a lock in the top 15 from everything I've seen.  He is a quick processor with a good arm and extremely athletic.  It would be ideal for him to sit behind a vet for nearly the full year but I agree had he stayed in college one more year a lot of the questions would be erased.  

He made the right choice, is about to be a top 15 pick and get paid!