2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. Someone is gonna get a pro bowl level WR for Pennies on the dollar. We would have been better off trading him last season after acquiring DA, when his value was higher. 

I heard Carolina is looking for a weapons for Young, maybe get something from them 

Thielen has been doing very well for them, I'd be surprised if they went after a Renfrow type of WR but who knows.

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. Someone is gonna get a pro bowl level WR for Pennies on the dollar. We would have been better off trading him last season after acquiring DA, when his value was higher. 

I heard Carolina is looking for a weapons for Young, maybe get something from them 

I personally don't think Renfro is that guy any longer. 

I think he can be a productive slot guy, but his ceiling is a Cole Beasly level player. He's not the Edleman, Welker type some want him to be.  

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

If we lose the next 3-4 I can see McDaniels fired and then we are sellers at the deadline 

jacobs for 2 or 3

Tae for a 1 and 3rd 

Renfrow for a mid rounder would be amazing 

I don't see them firing him, because what's the point? 

And if he goes does Ziegler go end of season? Who's making trades at the deadline?

Far more likely they win a couple games in Oct. ride out the season with 5-6 wins and Davis assess things after. 

Fans are overly emotional. Davis is not going to fire him to appease the fan base unless something goes terribly wrong. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And if he goes does Ziegler go end of season? Who's making trades at the deadline?

Far more likely they win a couple games in Oct. ride out the season with 5-6 wins and Davis assess things after. 

Fans are overly emotional. Davis is not going to fire him to appease the fan base unless something goes terribly wrong. 

Fans are already going crazy, I could see us losing the next 4. Things would really get crazy 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You might be right. Seems Mark is all-in…. might not be the case come Black Monday though.

38 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

You might be right. Seems Mark is all-in…. might not be the case come Black Monday though.

Well....nobody has ever accused Mark of being the brightest lol. 

Things have already gone terribly wrong from a fan perspective and the on-field product. If Mark is hell bent on burying his head in the sand and going full "the truth is not the truth" Giuliani style....whatever, I guess. 

It does worry me about who inevitably follows McDaniels though. It's been long enough to give Lane Kiffin another look, just remember that lol. He was no worse than McDaniels and now has an admittedly pretty solid resume as a head honcho. 

PFF mock from a couple days ago: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-mock-draft-chicago-bears-rebuild-caleb-williams-marvin-harrison-jr

3. LAS VEGAS RAIDERS: QB DRAKE MAYE, UNC

Record: 1-3

Player ADP (via MDS): 4.3

Player Big Board Rank: 3

Maye is the easy next choice at quarterback after Caleb Williams. He recorded elite passing grades in each of the past two seasons (90.8 in 2022 and 90.1 in 2023) with an incredible 45 big-time throws in 2022.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Maye is unbelievable. He's not even a consolation prize to Caleb in my mind because he's better than all the guys below him by so much.

Agreed. People making a huge gap between Caleb and Maye is crazy. Maye has Top 5 NFL QB potential. He is being over shadowed by Caleb. I think Maye will be the best QB of the class. Lincoln Riley QB’s have not panned out. I’m sure Caleb will be a Top 10 QB but I don’t view him as the next Mahomes, even though everyone wants that so desperately. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Agreed. People making a huge gap between Caleb and Maye is crazy. Maye has Top 5 NFL QB potential. He is being over shadowed by Caleb. I think Maye will be the best QB of the class. Lincoln Riley QB’s have not panned out. I’m sure Caleb will be a Top 10 QB but I don’t view him as the next Mahomes, even though everyone wants that so desperately. 

Williams is somewhere between Hurts and Mahomes for me and I'm bullish on that. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Williams is somewhere between Hurts and Mahomes for me and I'm bullish on that. 

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I think Caleb will be great and the best Riley QB by far. Just look at the tape. But I don’t think he’s in the same mold as Mahomes or Allen regarding play extension and off platform throws, even though everyone is so desperate to find that. 

Maye is the best pure passer since Burrow (Burrow better), even a better pure passer than Lawrence as a prospect imo. His accuracy is bar none. His intelligence is bar none. His arm strength is great. His mobility is fantastic. And his height is prototypical NFL size (like Stroud coming out this year). Watching Maye reminds me most of Rodgers, but there are definitely Burrow and Herbert elements to his game. He’s such a great passer… something this franchise has lacked since Gannon, a true skilled pro passer. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Doing some box score scouting at it's finest, but Maye's numbers sure aren't good man:

• 1187 yards
  • 5 TD
  • 4 picks

Does his team stink or what?

I mean he plays for UNC. Same thing with Jordan Love. Rockstar when his cast was ok, nine new starters the next year on a bad school to begin with. Allen on Wyoming had nothing as well. 

This doesn’t apply to every QB though. You need the traits. I always thought Daniel Jones sucked regardless. Some people preached his cast sucked, which is true, but he’s meh anyways.