2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

10 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

I mean he plays for UNC. Same thing with Jordan Love. Rockstar when his cast was ok, nine new starters the next year on a bad school to begin with. Allen on Wyoming had nothing as well. 

This doesn’t apply to every QB though. You need the traits. I always thought Daniel Jones sucked regardless. Some people preached his cast sucked, which is true, but he’s meh anyways. 

Yeah, fancy college numbers don't usually tell the whole story. 

Kellen Moore with Austin Pettis and Titus Young at Boise would have moved the ball well against anyone, regardless of conference. Boise was that good. 

Kellen Moore was a prolific college passer, but had absolutely no hopes in the NFL. 

It's an extreme example, but you get the point. Numbers just don't really cut it. 

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I think Caleb will be great and the best Riley QB by far. Just look at the tape. But I don’t think he’s in the same mold as Mahomes or Allen regarding play extension and off platform throws, even though everyone is so desperate to find that. 

Maye is the best pure passer since Burrow (Burrow better), even a better pure passer than Lawrence as a prospect imo. His accuracy is bar none. His intelligence is bar none. His arm strength is great. His mobility is fantastic. And his height is prototypical NFL size (like Stroud coming out this year). Watching Maye reminds me most of Rodgers, but there are definitely Burrow and Herbert elements to his game. He’s such a great passer… something this franchise has lacked since Gannon, a true skilled pro passer. 

I think he's extremely athletic and is an incredible downfield thrower of the football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah but he’s no where even close to the same level of passer Mahomes was in college. 

What are you talking about? Mahomes wasn't a great prospect, which is why he dropped to 15. Williams has made ridiculous throws in college. He literally threw a ball 70 yards in the air and hit a receiver in stride. This just feels revisionist/hating at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

What are you talking about? Mahomes wasn't a great prospect, which is why he dropped to 15. Williams has made ridiculous throws in college. He literally threw a ball 70 yards in the air and hit a receiver in stride. This just feels revisionist/hating at this point.

I’m talking about pure raw passing. Sure he’ll make explosive pass plays but he’s not a technical passer. Definitely not Mayes level as a pure passer. 

11 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

A great QB should tear up college. I don't want to draft the next Mitch Trubisky. Another can't miss North Carolina prospect who had a cannon and the traits for a QB. 

Completely misguided. None of Mahomes, Herbert, Allen never tore up college as recent examples. 

Nearly every Ohio St. QB has the last decade and amounted to nothing until Stroud. 

Writing off Maye because of Trubisky  poor take. 

Edited by big_palooka

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Completely misguided. None of Mahomes, Herbert, Allen tore up college as recent examples. 

Nearly every Ohio St. QB has the last decade and amounted to nothing until Stroud. 

Traits are more important in today’s NFL coming from college. Only does EXTREME production like Burrow ever top traits. Obviously good film helps, but a lesser school, like Wyoming, Utah State, and even Oregon (I mean Oregon weapons are not gonna be on par with Top SEC and Big 10 schools) it’s understandable if the tape leaves a lot to be desired. As long as they look capable, intelligent, and have shown amazing flashes, I feel tape matters less than it ever has. You can argue what about Levis… but watching him I felt he was a massive idiot who didn’t understand most of the mental part of the game. It’s all judgment based and opinion based. I also feel Levis arm was overrated once I watch more tape and his pro day. Ducks galore.

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Completely misguided. None of Mahomes, Herbert, Allen tore up college as recent examples. 

Mahomes passed for 5,000 yards / 41 TD plus rushed for 12 TD his final season in college. 

Herbert passed for 3,200 yards / 32 TD plus rushed for 4 TD in his final season in college. 

8 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I think Caleb will be great and the best Riley QB by far. Just look at the tape. But I don’t think he’s in the same mold as Mahomes or Allen regarding play extension and off platform throws, even though everyone is so desperate to find that.  

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The folks that are hating on Caleb to be edgy also supported boo boo arse Tyree over Carter.

I’m not hating on Caleb. If I had to rank the QB prospects since 2020 I’d have it Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Maye, Caleb. How is that hating? Caleb blows any QB prospect from 2023 or 2022 out of the water, quite easily. I view both Caleb and Maye as generational talents. I just like Maye more…

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I’m talking about pure raw passing. Sure he’ll make explosive pass plays but he’s not a technical passer. Definitely not Mayes level as a pure passer. 

You're gonna have to explain or something because I've seen Caleb make pretty much every throw imaginable

I know some loved Carr and thought he was a franchise QB but imo this team hasn’t had a homegrown franchise QB since Stabler. Never really been known for our QB’s. Bears have been worse, but were probably next to them. We need our guy. Our 12-16 year guy. A guy who is a Top 6 QB year in and year out. A truly elite QB that can make the playoffs almost every season he’s healthy, even if the roster is a little below average. It’s time. We all deserve it. 

Would be quite ironic if both the Bears and Raiders get Caleb and Maye. Probably the top two franchises that have struggled with QB identity throughout their history. 

I do want to give AOC a shot though. Anyone who thinks he sucks after one game is judging way too early. It was a rough game with the fumbles and redzone pick, but he showed a slinger mentality and moved the ball. I want to see him start at least 70% of our games. I don’t really care to see Jimmy anymore, unless we are in playoff contention around Week 12-13 and AOC is sucking