2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

16 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

im takin Sanders over Drake Maye as it stands 

Sanders without the name and spotlight on the program would be just another QB. Only defense he's played worth a damn was Oregon and they made him look basic. 

He's completely overrated by casuals.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 11:00 AM, big_palooka said:

I personally don't think Renfro is that guy any longer. 

I think he can be a productive slot guy, but his ceiling is a Cole Beasly level player. He's not the Edleman, Welker type some want him to be.  

I think he can still be a productive WR in the NFL. 100 rec again ? Perhaps not but we should be able to get a player for him

On 10/4/2023 at 10:48 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

Thielen has been doing very well for them, I'd be surprised if they went after a Renfrow type of WR but who knows.

Thielen has had a rebound year. Panthers just got a bad coach in Frank Reich. He’s been exposed in the NFL

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Now do the Oregon highlights. 

Red herring: You can't say a bad game for the reason why someone can't do something. You said definitively that he had no arm strength or athletic ability. I show you a game where he does. Showing another game where he doesn't do well doesn't erase that.

Ok, what QB is sub 6'0 this year? We should take him and never look back. 

Bryce Young has made me come around to the new No Fun League. Literally impossible to touch him without it being a penalty of some sort because everyone is 4-5 inches taller than he is. 

Absolutely pathetic, but whatever. At least we wouldn't need to address the OL ever again, just rack up penalty yards all year long. 

39 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Red herring: You can't say a bad game for the reason why someone can't do something. You said definitively that he had no arm strength or athletic ability. I show you a game where he does. Showing another game where he doesn't do well doesn't erase that.

And showing a game a terrible defense is what then? Arizona did what they wanted to that defense for last night and put up 41. They are awful. That doesn't show anything in relation to his arm talent. It's a highlight video full of wide open completions. You don't see him fitting balls in tight coverage. Throwing outside the numbers, etc. And not a single pass there was thrown with anticipation. Read and throw against awful coveragee. 

When he runs, he looks slow and linear. I see nothing explosive or elusive in his mobility. On contact, he's done. 

When Sanders faced a good defense, forcing him to use his arm taking away his easy reads and throws, he couldn't do anything. And he couldn't do anything outside the pocket because he's an average athlete. Against Oregon's speed, he had no answers. They scored 6 points.

He will get exposed the back half of the year but some of these defenses. He'll be handled just like Oregon handled him.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

And showing a game a terrible defense is what then? Arizona did what they wanted to that defense for last night and put up 41. They are awful. That doesn't show anything in relation to his arm talent. It's a highlight video full of wide open completions. You don't see him fitting balls in tight coverage. Throwing outside the numbers, etc. And not a single pass there was thrown with anticipation. Read and throw against awful coveragee. 

When he runs, he looks slow and linear. I see nothing explosive or elusive in his mobility. On contact, he's done. 

When Sanders faced a good defense, forcing him to use his arm taking away his easy reads and throws, he couldn't do anything. And he couldn't do anything outside the pocket because he's an average athlete. Against Oregon's speed, he had no answers. They scored 6 points.

He will get exposed the back half of the year but some of these defenses. He'll be handled just like Oregon handled him.

Yeah, but that's like saying Jalen hurts is overrated because he played in the big 12 and then when they get destroyed by LSU it somehow validates that. Definitely not an average athlete and though weird release the guy can spin it. Also being mentored by Tom Brady but who cares about that..

50 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has average arm strength and mobility, I've watched every Colorado game this season, lmao.

Which means you have to be ignoring the mobility arm strength and decision making.(I have too by the way. Being a lifelong USC fan I watch everyone in the Pac 12 even the ones that aren't any more)

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah, but that's like saying Jalen hurts is overrated because he played in the big 12 and then when they get destroyed by LSU it somehow validates that. Definitely not an average athlete and though weird release the guy can spin it. Also being mentored by Tom Brady but who cares about that..

Hurts was a 2nd round pick. Exactly what Sanders is. Good comparison. 

Tom Brady factors in 0% for me. All QBs are mentored by former pro. It's just name recognition that's more or less meaningless.

You keep avoiding thee Oregon game conversation which pretty much tells me all I need to know here. If you want to ignore the glaring bad, you don't get to talk about the good.