2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's the unfortunate part about this whole stupid experiment. 

Guys are gonna bail or price themselves out of us- amd we're not gonna have much in thebway of freed up space to start with. 

Just like with Denver there's not going to be much to salvage things with going forward once McIdiot is gone. Everyone looks at the roster now and says "OK but with X QB, we'll be ok". It won't just be a plug and play scenario, we're staring at a full blown rebuild with limited assets and a lack of building block talent to start out with. 

A QB would be nice, but we have to realize we're going to draft a QB to a bad overall roster. There's no quick cure for the malignancy Josh and Dave have brought upon us. 

Have to see if they are sellers at the deadline, but a QB could step into this offense and find some success with the right play caller/scheme. Need to shore up the Oline with a couple bodies and the skill positions are set. 

Defense needs a lot of work, but a QB could mitigate some of the burden overall.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not really a fan of Ewers 

He (and McCarthy for that matter) is not a finished product. You're drafting traits and Ewers has them in spades.

Really depends on who's coaching them. Assuming Davis cans JMD, he needs to go all in on a QB friendly coach who can build a support system of coaches around developing a young QB. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He (and McCarthy for that matter) is not a finished product. You're drafting traits and Ewers has them in spades.

Really depends on who's coaching them. Assuming Davis cans JMD, he needs to go all in on a QB friendly coach who can build a support system of coaches around developing a young QB. 

Like who?

On 10/20/2023 at 6:36 PM, Tank4Drake said:

Honestly seems like Maye is gaining more traction and Caleb is losing a little. Could be a 1a 1b situation by the end of the year, like it was coming into the year. I remember getting crucified on here and on youtube for saying I prefer Maye, now I no longer get crucified lol. 

Maye didn't have a great game this past weekend, but Williams has played two competent defenses in a row and has flopped both times. Is he still the for-sure #1 overall in the Draft? IDK anymore, but he's looking more like Kyler Murray with each passing week. If he interviews as badly as I think he will at the Combine, he might still be on the board come pick 3-through-5.....🤷‍♂️

But yeah, I'd be ecstatic to see Drake Maye in Silver and Black.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

McCarthy bandwagon heating up..... glad you guys could get to the party with @MrOaktown_56 and I.

But try to keep the desire quiet. My track record of players I love and players who get drafted by the Raiders is like 3%.

Legit people wrote him off after the TCU game, which I understand because I also thought he sucked in that game. But if you look at him this year, at only 20 he has all the makings of a future top 10 QB. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Geezy said:

So many QB needy teams, won’t be surprised if it’s 3-4 QBs in the top 10. 

I've been saying this since week one also, there's going to be more QB needy teams this year than average, a lot more.  There will be at least 7-8 teams on this list that WILL take a QB in the first round if they're able to get one or trade up for one

Chicago (Fields is playing his way out)

Arizona (They could easily move on from Murray)

Denver (I don't see it with how much $$ theyre invested, but it could happen)

Giants and NE (their QB's are showing they're not it)

GB (perhaps)

Vikings

Raiders

Washington

Rams

Tampa Bay

One could make an argument for Pitt, Atl and Tennessee too, but it's less likely if they keep winning

Starting to do some homework on McCarthy and man, Harbaugh knows what he wants to do on offense and does it. Michigan is talented but the man knows how to call an offense and put his players in position to succeed. I’m not saying this to knock McCarthy, just after watching McDs offense, you learn to appreciate an offense with a vision and execution lol what sucks is Many of us wanted Harbaugh in Vegas, hell I think Harbaugh wanted Vegas. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Obvious name, Ben Johnson. 

Shane Waldron is worth looking at. Slowik's work in Houston has been impressive. Frank Smith in Miami and has history with the Raiders. Leave no stone unturned.

Johnson will be a hot name again this off-season. But he turned down interviews last year to stay in Detroit so obviously he wants to make sure he jumps into a good situation when it is time to be the man. Are we sure he’d even consider Vegas? 

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Legit people wrote him off after the TCU game, which I understand because I also thought he sucked in that game. But if you look at him this year, at only 20 he has all the makings of a future top 10 QB. 

Two bad decisions that game that both were returned for TDs. But he played well otherwise and brought them back when down big. 

Most importantly, he didn't pout. He was humbled by the loss and said he was thankful because it gave them motivation to get back that point. He's certainly mature and worked hard this season. 

Like you said, he's 20. He's not a finished product. But what he can do as a passer in and out of the pocket is next level. The right coaching puts it together and he could be the best QB out of this class.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Johnson will be a hot name again this off-season. But he turned down interviews last year to stay in Detroit so obviously he wants to make sure he jumps into a good situation when it is time to be the man. Are we sure he’d even consider Vegas? 

Money talks and Mark has been willing to pay his coaches. Just paying the wrong ones.