2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

Ben Johnson was given Goff but let’s not forget how people thought of Goff a couple years ago. Rams gave him that contract and regretted it. Goff was basically a throw in that trade. A QB that the Lions can use but eventually get rid of. I would say Ben Johnson is responsible for how Goff has grown as a player since his time with the Lions. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Ben Johnson was given Goff but let’s not forget how people thought of Goff a couple years ago. Rams gave him that contract and regretted it. Goff was basically a throw in that trade. A QB that the Lions can use but eventually get rid of. I would say Ben Johnson is responsible for how Goff has grown as a player since his time with the Lions. 

Goff in his final season with the Rams (McVay) and first season in Detroit (Lynn) put up 3200 yards / 19 TD / 8 INT & 3900 Yards / 20 TD / 13 INT. In his first season with BJ he had 4,500 yards / 29 TD / 8 INT and he's on pace for 4,600 yards / 27 TD / 10 INT this year. 

On 10/23/2023 at 1:51 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Obviously I just want a high pick to take Williams or Maye, but the second thing I am praying for is the Broncos do not land one of the blue-chips.

Chiefs win the Super Bowl in Allegiant. Broncos land a franchise QB. Chargers fire Staley. Davis sticks with McDaniels.

Are we this cursed?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

One of my worries with McCarthy is he’s a bit slight and his play style might lead to injuries in the NFL. 

This is kind of becoming normal. All these guys in this class are sub 220 lbs with some exceptions. I guess you assume they will fill out. McCarthy is only 20.  

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I've started to come around to the idea of JJ McCarthy. Truthers @MrOaktown_56 @big_palooka what is your NFL comp for him

This is a hard one. Current NFL, he's got the presence and composure of a Joe Burrow. Similar touch and anticipation as well. But he has better mobility and arm talent with the ability to whip throws like a Josh Allen. 

In no way am I saying he's either of those elite guys, but his ceiling certainly could be. He's further along than Allen coming out and not nearly as polished as Burrow.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is kind of becoming normal. All these guys in this class are sub 220 lbs with some exceptions. I guess you assume they will fill out. McCarthy is only 20.  

Yea, he’ll fill out a bit, since he is still young. But we seen what happened with ARich. 

15 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Yea, he’ll fill out a bit, since he is still young. But we seen what happened with ARich. 

Different type players. I don't think an OC is going to dial up designed runs for JJMc. He's a pocket pass who can create when he needs to. I don't see him trying to take contact from LBs at the next level.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Different type players. I don't think an OC is going to dial up designed runs for JJMc. He's a pocket pass who can create when he needs to. I don't see him trying to take contact from LBs at the next level.

From what I seen he runs a lot, which is my point. He’s a little thin, hopefully he fills out a bit so he can withstand NFL collisions that are bound to happen regardless of play style. 

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah he's more escapable on 3rd downs/RZ plays where things break down. He can run for TD's but not on designed runs.

We're starting to move toward a consensus among the board of:

1/2: Caleb/Maye

3/4: McCarthy/Penix

After those guys, what do we think of these guys:

Bo Nix, Jordan Travis, Spencer Rattler, Riley Leonard, Jayden Daniels, Quinn Ewers.

I will try to "soft scout" (couch analysis) these guys the next few days and share my thoughts. Would be great if you guys did as well (no rush though we have months and months).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We're starting to move toward a consensus among the board of:

1/2: Caleb/Maye

3/4: McCarthy/Penix

After those guys, what do we think of these guys:

Bo Nix, Jordan Travis, Spencer Rattler, Riley Leonard, Jayden Daniels, Quinn Ewers.

I will try to "soft scout" (couch analysis) these guys the next few days and share my thoughts. Would be great if you guys did as well (no rush though we have months and months).

I will drop my elite analysis for you boys

• Like 1