2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

SC has offensive talent. 

Lloyd is an NFL caliber RB and top 2 in the PAC. Rice/Washington/Branch will all be NFL caliber guys. OL has talent but hasn’t gelled well that’s for sure. It has looked off but he’s still having a good year statistically. We’ll see how the next few weeks go. Will say a lot. 

I’d say Lloyd has the best chance. Branch is super explosive but he’s not who he is going to be yet. Rice and Washington will be mid to late round picks imo. My point is that it’s not like he’s playing with a bunch of top 50 guys like people try and make it seem. 

if there's a positive, a new coach and GM would have some decent pieces and around 

67m in cap space with the potential of increasing that number to 

• Jimmy 18m
  • Renfrow - 13m - gone with Meyers 
  • Brandon Fracyson 3.5M
  • Jerry Tillery- 3m

That would take us up to 100m in cap space, with our main free agents to bring back being Jacobs, JE, C Long. Could really reload the team with a good coach and GM.

My November 3 round mock draft:

• R1- Jer'zhan Newton DT
  • R2- J.J. McCarthy QB- Jim Harbaugh as coach 
  • R3 - Donovan Jackson RG 

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

if there's a positive, a new coach and GM would have some decent pieces and around 

• Jimmy 18m
  • Brandon Fracyson 3.5M
  • Jerry Tillery- 3m

That would take us up to 100m in cap space, with our main free agents to bring back being Jacobs, JE, C Long. Could really reload the team with a good coach and GM.

• R1- Jer'zhan Newton DT

I don't think JJ McCarthy goes in the second round(that would be cool if we could pull something like that off though)

12 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

• Jimmy 18m
  • Brandon Fracyson 3.5M
  • Jerry Tillery- 3m

• R1- Jer'zhan Newton DT

McCarthy has a better shot at going top 10 than round 2. 

• Like 1

Dane Brugler's updated (11/1) Top 50 prospects:

https://theathletic.com/5014354/2023/11/01/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-midseason/?source=user_shared_article

For those that don't get The Athletic, ask me anything. Otherwise, some details:

Top 10 overall:

Maye (QB), Harrison Jr. (WR), Williams (QB), Bowers (TE), Fashanu (OT), Alt (OT), Turner (Edge), Coleman (WR), Latu (Edge), Latham (OT).

2 WRs, 3 OTS and 2 Edge in his top 10. Maye over Williams showing it's not as far fetched as some think Maye goes #1.

QB Rankings:

Maye (1), Williams (3), McCarthy (16), Sanders (24), Daniels (43), Ewers (45), Beck (50) 

McCarthy 3rd QB. Doesn't rate Penix in his top 50. Carson Beck (Georgia) who nobody is talking about quietly becoming a favorite with scouts.

I'd look for Sanders and Beck to go back to school and have potential to be top picks in 2025. 

Other Raider areas of need:

DT - Newton (21), Orhororo (38)

8 OTs and 2 OGs in his top 50

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Dane Brugler's updated (11/1) Top 50 prospects:

https://theathletic.com/5014354/2023/11/01/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-midseason/?source=user_shared_article

For those that don't get The Athletic, ask me anything. Otherwise, some details:

Top 10 overall:

Maye (QB), Harrison Jr. (WR), Williams (QB), Bowers (TE), Fashanu (OT), Alt (OT), Turner (Edge), Coleman (WR), Latu (Edge), Latham (OT).

2 WRs, 3 OTS and 2 Edge in his top 10. Maye over Williams showing it's not as far fetched as some think Maye goes #1.

QB Rankings:

Maye (1), Williams (3), McCarthy (16), Sanders (24), Daniels (43), Ewers (45), Beck (50) 

McCarthy 3rd QB. Doesn't rate Penix in his top 50. Carson Beck (Georgia) who nobody is talking about quietly becoming a favorite with scouts.

I'd look for Sanders and Beck to go back to school and have potential to be top picks in 2025. 

Other Raider areas of need:

DT - Newton (21), Orhororo (38)

8 OTs and 2 OGs in his top 50

Maye gonna #1 everywhere soon. It was nice to have a small minority correct decision while it lasted. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Sell me on JJ McCarthy you disgusting rebels. Full elevator pitch. 

Completing 78.1 percent of his passes. 18-to-3 touchdown-to-int ratio. Makes some of his best plays on the move, but is terrific in the pocket. Poise with refined footwork in the pocket. Elite arm strength. Can hit any spot on the field and throw into tight windows. Throws with anticipation and touch. 

He has 2 big games coming up against Penn St. and Ohio St. If he performs there, he'll be talked about as a top 10 pick.  

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Completing 78.1 percent of his passes. 18-to-3 touchdown-to-int ratio. Makes some of his best plays on the move, but is terrific in the pocket. Poise with refined footwork in the pocket. Elite arm strength. Can hit any spot on the field and throw into tight windows. Throws with anticipation and touch. 

He has 2 big games coming up against Penn St. and Ohio St. If he performs there, he'll be talked about as a top 10 pick.  

Intrigued by the Ohio State game for sure. That game’s performance will make or break his value. Although Michigan State is historically a good (not great) team and he destroyed them which is rather impressive. I’m gonna have watch some tape on him. I haven’t watched a full Michigan game this year. I could easily see McCarthy becoming my #2 QB if he lights up Ohio State.