2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I want to see if Joe Milton tests as well as people are saying he will, he might be the biggest riser in the QB class and is definitely the most similar to AR15 of any prospect this year. Big dude, huge arm, athletic, but only a one year starter with questionable mechanics and accuracy.

I think McCarthy has above average arm strength and mobility, I've seen him compared to a more mobile Kirk Cousins, I think that's pretty fair.

I mentioned last year in the draft thread, Joe Milton will be the Anthony Richardson comparison this year. Big, strong arm, gimmick Tennessee offense that elevated Hookers stats. It's starting already. He's not any good mind you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What do you think about Daniels?

Hrs reminds me a lot Dennis Dixon, honestly. I think Dixon was a better passer though. Somewhere between Dennis Dixon and Isaiah Stanback- both of whom I thought had potential pre-injuries. 

Like Dixon, I don't think he's a 1st rounder, but the tools are there for sure so I wouldn't laugh if someone took a shot early, earlier than they may have for Dixon given the evolution of the position. 

Like Stanback, he's raw, but can ball. Unlike Stanback, I think he's got the potential to start in the NFL and won't require a position switch- granted I always felt Stanback got mis-cast as a 6'3 218 lb QB to TE convert (wtf?) and between the Lisfranc injury and adding weight for the switch, saw his career just sort of fizzle. 

Pretty much, I think he's got some electric potential that some may value more than others, but it's the type of potential that you need to commit to or keep away because if you tinker too much you can wind up with nothing. 

Based on a review of the last decade of drafting QBs (2013-2023): 

1st Round Picks

Top 10 (22 selected): 7 franchise QB (32%), 2 good QB (9%), 2 average QB (9%), 13 busts (59%)

11-20 (6 selected): 1 franchise QB (16%), 0 good QB (0%), 1 average (16%), 4 busts (66%)

Late 1st (5 selected): 1 franchise QB (20%), 0 good QB (0%), 1 average QB (20%), 3 busts (60%)

--------------------------------

2nd Round picks (9 selected): 1 franchise QB (11%), 0 good QB (0%), 3 average QB (33%), 5 busts (55%)

--------------------------------

3rd Round or Later (85 selected): 1 franchise QB (1%), 1 good QB (1%), 1 average QB (1%), 82 busts (97%)

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

So in the last 11 draft cycles there have been 105 QB's drafted outside of the top 10: 4 of them I'd consider franchise QBs (Watson, Dak, Hurts, Lamar), 1 I'd consider good (Purdy), 6 I'd consider average (Carr, Jimmy, Fields, Geno, Howell, Love), and 94 that are basically busts. So you have a 1/10 chance of drafting even an average starter outside of the top 10. 

Of the 22 QB's taken in the top 10: 7 franchise QB (Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Lawrence, Herbert, Tua, Stroud), 2 good QB (Kyler, Goff), 2 average (Young, Richards) [TBD], 11 busts. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 6:22 AM, OnlyGlove said:

If we’re smart Adams will be a Jet next year.   Cap hit next year 25m, then it’s 44m and 44m…. As he’ll be approaching mid 30s!!  Great player but we’re not ready to win right now!!  We have 3 WRs all getting paid, we need to get cheaper and younger.

trade him to the Jets, even if it means we got to take a chuck of cap. Then use that 1st round pick to get a QB. Use our other 1st round pick and our second on boosting the trenches on both sides of the ball. 

Jayden Daniels, Taliese Fuaga and Leonard Taylor for example. 

wouldn’t mind double dipping on DTs for the 3rd draft in a row for a Stackhouse or Tyler Davies. I want to keep swinging on DTs till we have a dominant line!! 

Tae's game is built to last. His size, feet, and route running will keep him at a high level for many years imo. The last 2 years will obviously be restructured or extended.

• Like 1

It seems like I am on here every season pounding the table to take a 3T or a CB in round 1 if we stay put.  I also would not be opposed to a trade up if an elite QB is on the board and we don't have to mortgage our future to get there.  Value will be there in the mid rounds for RT/interior Oline in which we need upgrades and could also use an upgrade at safety which there is usually good value in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.  

Whoever our new GM/HC is they will need to upgrade several positions with most important being QB.  I will say that if they reach for a QB and the guy is a bust they will be in hot water in short order.  Our new regime will have a lot of work to do and the pressure will be on from day one to turn this sinking ship around. 

16 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Hrs reminds me a lot Dennis Dixon, honestly. I think Dixon was a better passer though. Somewhere between Dennis Dixon and Isaiah Stanback- both of whom I thought had potential pre-injuries. 

Like Dixon, I don't think he's a 1st rounder, but the tools are there for sure so I wouldn't laugh if someone took a shot early, earlier than they may have for Dixon given the evolution of the position. 

Like Stanback, he's raw, but can ball. Unlike Stanback, I think he's got the potential to start in the NFL and won't require a position switch- granted I always felt Stanback got mis-cast as a 6'3 218 lb QB to TE convert (wtf?) and between the Lisfranc injury and adding weight for the switch, saw his career just sort of fizzle. 

Pretty much, I think he's got some electric potential that some may value more than others, but it's the type of potential that you need to commit to or keep away because if you tinker too much you can wind up with nothing. 

Forgot about those guys. They were before their time. It was fun using them in the college football game. 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Forgot about those guys. They were before their time. It was fun using them in the college football game. 

Right? 

There's always a handful of guys to look back on and go "Yeah, 10 years later they're on a whole different trajectory". 

Stanback was a big one for me. Those Washington teams were really really bad. That his overall athletic profile warranted a 4th rounder back then, it's hard to imagine what he might've done with better cast mates, coaching, and a chance at QB. 

As for Dixon....man dude would've been nuts just a couple years later and without the ACL. Undoubtedly my favorite Duck of all time. 

Weird looking back some times at some.of the ones who didn't make it for one reason or another. 

Jake Bentley, Darron Thomas, Drew Olson, Jack Sears, Kedon Slovis...all had different levels of hype at one point, all never made a ripple. 

I remember UCLA nabbing Richard Brehaut and Kevin Prince, having Ben Olson, Pat Cowanz and the absolute hero that was Kevin Craft all on the roster over a 2 year span....and none of them amounted to squat. 

Good tines, good times. 

Edited by ronjon1990

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Right? 

There's always a handful of guys to look back on and go "Yeah, 10 years later they're on a whole different trajectory". 

Stanback was a big one for me. Those Washington teams were really really bad. That his overall athletic profile warranted a 4th rounder back then, it's hard to imagine what he might've done with better cast mates, coaching, and a chance at QB. 

As for Dixon....man dude would've been nuts just a couple years later and without the ACL. Undoubtedly my favorite Duck of all time. 

Weird looking back some times at some.of the ones who didn't make it for one reason or another. 

Jake Bentley, Darron Thomas, Drew Olson, Jack Sears, Kedon Slovis...all had different levels of hype at one point, all never made a ripple. 

I remember UCLA nabbing Richard Brehaut and Kevin Prince, having Ben Olson, Pat Cowanz and the absolute hero that was Kevin Craft all on the roster over a 2 year span....and none of them amounted to squat. 

Good tines, good times. 

I was a Duck fan for a few years... I'll never forget the time the Ducks went to LA and destroy USC when SC was ranked 1. I was living in LA at the time and went to the game. Lemichael James was on another level that year